Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch How Easy This Is

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sir

Default Watch How Easy This Is

The question posed by a critic (keeping names anonymous to avoid issues):

"If you knew for sure that God was speaking to you and God asked you to take out your wife into the backyard and sacrifice her would you do it?"

My simple, direct, and succinct answer is YES!

Why was that so easy? Because we are making the condition that the person in the question is truly very God. So for me, no matter what God says or asks, I will follow and obey.

What would your answer be?

Sir

neverending has informed me taht nobody is going to touch this thread.

That's fine if true.

But I think that the reason that might be is simply because the only truthful answer might cause cognitive dissonance in some.

BrianH

neverending has informed me taht nobody is going to touch this thread.

That's fine if true…
    If that is what NE said, I would say that is pretty much proven at this point to be incorrect. Obviously others have touched this thread.

But I don’t think that anyone has called you on the falsehood of your premise. I will respond though, and I will point out the falsehood and the total lack of faith in God on your part. And I will do it because I think your question and your own answer demonstrate the profound difference between Mormons (you) and Christians (those who actually have faith in God and in His holy Word).

Mr. “Sir” asks, ""If you knew for sure that God was speaking to you and God asked you to take out your wife into the backyard and sacrifice her would you do it?" …and then trumpets the ease of his question.

First, lest you accuse me of doing the Mormon thing and avoiding the question, I will give you the simple answer: no …and you will doubtlessly respond by ignoring and/or parsing out my whole answer to avoid the rest of my response in your predicable effort to try to cover the truth that you have made so plain.

But secondly, the truth is, Mormons - or at least YOU, would actually belieeeeeeve that God told you to murder you wife in the first place. That is the difference between YOU (whether you personally or Mormons in general) and a Christian man. YOU would believe such a “command” because, 1. being spiritually dead, you fundamentally lack any spiritual discernment to begin with, and 2.you do not trust God’s word over your own personal intuitions. That is the primary difference between YOU and those who actually do believe God and have enough faith in His word to know that he would never ask us to do such a thing. The FACT is, the Word of God instructs Christians to love our wives and to give ourselves for them as Christ gave himself for the church (Eph 5:25). Here’s a clue for Mormons: Jesus did not kill his bride but you would.

Then again, why would YOU, a Mormon actually believe the word of God? You would probably convince yourself with some lame boilerplate LDS excuse, such as pronouncing your faith in the limp insinuations of the LDS church that the Book of Ephesians was not “translated correctly”, or some other lame dribble rather than believing Jesus Christ himself who said that his word would never p*** away.

Finally, one thing is certain: I am VERY glad that I am not a Mormon wife, lest my god-husband decides that to obey “God” he must kill me and I bet there are plenty of Mormon wives who, in the face of your confession above, would wish that they had not married a man who would think that God wanted their husbands to kill them.

-BH

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    If that is what NE said, I would say that is pretty much proven at this point to be incorrect. Obviously others have touched this thread.

But I don’t think that anyone has called you on the falsehood of your premise. I will respond though, and I will point out the falsehood and the total lack of faith in God on your part. And I will do it because I think your question and your own answer demonstrate the profound difference between Mormons (you) and Christians (those who actually have faith in God and in His holy Word).

Mr. “Sir” asks, ""If you knew for sure that God was speaking to you and God asked you to take out your wife into the backyard and sacrifice her would you do it?" …and then trumpets the ease of his question.

First, lest you accuse me of doing the Mormon thing and avoiding the question, I will give you the simple answer: no …and you will doubtlessly respond by ignoring and/or parsing out my whole answer to avoid the rest of my response in your predicable effort to try to cover the truth that you have made so plain.

But secondly, the truth is, Mormons - or at least YOU, would actually belieeeeeeve that God told you to murder you wife in the first place. That is the difference between YOU (whether you personally or Mormons in general) and a Christian man. YOU would believe such a “command” because, 1. being spiritually dead, you fundamentally lack any spiritual discernment to begin with, and 2.you do not trust God’s word over your own personal intuitions. That is the primary difference between YOU and those who actually do believe God and have enough faith in His word to know that he would never ask us to do such a thing. The FACT is, the Word of God instructs Christians to love our wives and to give ourselves for them as Christ gave himself for the church (Eph 5:25). Here’s a clue for Mormons: Jesus did not kill his bride but you would.

Then again, why would YOU, a Mormon actually believe the word of God? You would probably convince yourself with some lame boilerplate LDS excuse, such as pronouncing your faith in the limp insinuations of the LDS church that the Book of Ephesians was not “translated correctly”, or some other lame dribble rather than believing Jesus Christ himself who said that his word would never p*** away.

Finally, one thing is certain: I am VERY glad that I am not a Mormon wife, lest my god-husband decides that to obey “God” he must kill me and I bet there are plenty of Mormon wives who, in the face of your confession above, would wish that they had not married a man who would think that God wanted their husbands to kill them.

-BH

I realize you have been away on punishment and are not aware of the previous discussions leading to this thread. So I understand your need to appeal to your programmed emotional response to attack me and my views and to also misrepresent the original premise to the question. It is also not surprising that you would disobey God were He to command you to do something, and it is a little interesting that you call the scenerio i presented "murder". Shows that you have mossed much of the conversations previous to this to make a reasonable response.

thanks for living down to my expectations.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    It is also not surprising that you would disobey God were He to command you to do something. . .
    Could you answer my question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    We are commanded to obey God and I strive to do so. What else do you propose that I should do that is not found in the NT?

Sir

Could you answer my question?
    Whatever God commanded you.

But as we all know and as you have said, unless it is written in the NT you will disbey God.

Now back to the topic.

Billyray

But as we all know and as you have said, unless it is written in the NT you will disbey God.
    Where did I say that?

BTW are you going to answer my question?

We are commanded to obey God and I strive to do so. What else do you propose that I should do that is not found in the NT?

Sir

Where did I say that?

BTW are you going to answer my question?

Whatever God commands you.

See, I did answer you that question just last post. You apparently missed it.

So there ya go.

Billyray

Whatever God commands you.
    What else do you propose that I should do that is not found in the NT?

Sir

What else do you propose that I should do that is not found in the NT?
    I propose you stop asking the same questions over and over and over and up and down and backwards etc....

The answer AGAIN, is you shoudl do whatever God commands you.

Apparently you still feel there are other things. I can't help you there.

I would do whatever God commanded me, but that's because I'm not a bibliolatrist who puts the Bible over God.

Billyray

Default I ask the same question because you have failed to give a decent answer.

I propose you stop asking the same questions over and over and over and up and down and backwards etc....

The answer AGAIN, is you shoudl do whatever God commands you.
    I believe we should obey God. What else do you propose that I do besides that which was given to us in the NT?

Sir

I believe we should obey God. What else do you propose that I do besides that which was given to us in the NT?
    I find it comical and sad that when you ask what you must do, you claim that the answer to obey whatever commands you to do is not a decent answer.

So keep asking your question until you finally get the tickle that you are looking for.

Billyray

So keep asking your question until you finally get the tickle that you are looking for.
    You can't seem to answer my question can you?

I am doing all that God has asked me to do what else do you propose that I do?

Sir

You can't seem to answer my question can you?

ROFL.....that's billyray for ya....ask the same question 49 times and get the same answer 49 times. So then he'll ask a 50th time and when you don't bother anymore he comes back with "Ha! You can't answer it, can you?!"

ROFL...

Billyray

ROFL.....that's billyray for ya....ask the same question 49 times and get the same answer 49 times. So then he'll ask a 50th time and when you don't bother anymore he comes back with "Ha! You can't answer it, can you?!"

ROFL...
    Sir I am surprised that you are having such a hard time answering such an easy question. The fact is that all that is required FOR salvation is given in the NT. I asked you specifically what else was required and you were unable to give me an answer. Don't you know what is required in addition to that given in the NT FOR salvation? I guess not.

Sir

Sir I am surprised that you are having such a hard time answering such an easy question. The fact is that all that is required FOR salvation is given in the NT. I asked you specifically what else was required and you were unable to give me an answer. Don't you know what is required in addition to that given in the NT FOR salvation? I guess not.
    See how billyray is now creating a new line of question about conditions of salvation?

Remember, folks, the original simple question was if there was no question it was God and he commanded you to do something, would you?

But all critics like billy have left is to change the question, add their own twist on it, ask it 50+ times and then claim the person is unable to answer.

It's desperate, but it's all they have at this point.

Billyray

Remember, folks, the original simple question was if there was no question it was God and he commanded you to do something, would you?
    I believe we should follow God. I have never said that we shouldn't follow God. What God has told me is through his word in the NT. I have had no other requests of God other than that. What else is required that I am not currently doing?

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by billyray View Post
    i believe we should follow god. I have never said otherwise. What god has told me is through his word in the nt. What else is required that i am not currently doing?
    52+

?????

Billyray

52+

?????
    It is a simple question Sir. If someone asked me what was required of him or her I could easily give them an answer. Even when I was LDS I could easily answer this question. This is simply gamesmanship on your part.

Sir

It is a simple question Sir. If someone asked me what was required of him or her I could easily give them an answer. Even when I was LDS I could easily answer this question. This is simply gamesmanship on your part.
    Required?

For what?

Salvation?

That was never a part of this topic.

It's simply about if God asked you to do something, would you?

You said yes.

Good.

End of conversation.

Billyray

52+

?????
    Since you are not going to answer my question how about answering this simple question based on theway's original question.
    If God asked you to forsake him and worship the devil would you do it?

Sir

Since you are not going to answer my question how about answering this simple question based on theway's original question.
    Where is there precedent in the Bible that God ever commanded someone to forsake Him and worship the Devil?

Billyray

Where is there precedent in the Bible that God ever commanded someone to forsake Him and worship the Devil?
    Are you having a hard time answering my simple question?????

Does God have to have a precedent in the BIBLE for you to do what HE asks of you?

Sir

Are you having a hard time answering my simple question?????

Does God have to have a precedent in the BIBLE for you to do what HE asks of you?
    You should show me where God would command someone to go completely against His nature and His will.

Should be easy. You seem to be having a hard time.

I have shown why my question is legitimate and actually something that God has done. yet you and others seem to loathe the answer. So if you have such a hard time accepting an answer of something God HAS done, why would you accept an answer based on something God has NEVER done?

You're really desperately trying to trap me with paradoxical scenerio, and this in response to the original scenerio in which God has actually commanded sacrifice.

If you want to ask me your same desperate attempting to trap-me question, feel free.

Billyray

You should show me where God would command someone to go completely against His nature and His will.
    So you are asking me for a precedent in order for you to comply with what God asked you to do? Isn't that the same thing that Christians are asking for when using the Bible as a standard?