Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch How Easy This Is

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    You see this whole line of questioning by you and theway is to provide a rationalization to justify your false beliefs. This is no different than what Warren Jeffs is doing today. He is claiming revelation from God and implementing new actions because God is telling him to do this and who could refuse what God tells him to do.
    WOW!!!!

Since you obviously realize that your argument has been demolished and that you have no way of escaping the dilemma you created for yourself, you have no choice but to turn it around as an attack on LDS and then even yet again, you CHANGE the original parameter of the topic to a "i think it was God that told me" instead of the original established fact that it WAS God.

So now that we can all see that you are left with no defense but an offense to attack, you lost this debate.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    That wasn't the question.
    Sure it was. Here is the running dialogue
    So God's laws and rules change.

So if God himself asked us to sacrifice someone, how would you know which rule to follow? He has set a precedent that he can allow or not allow that.

See your dilemma here?
    Not at all. Starting with the death of Christ we are under the law of love, we are to love God and love our neighbor. If we loved our neighbor then we would not kill them.

Billyray

But you just got writing in another thread:

'God is the boss and he makes the rules so it is not wrong for him to allow people to die during the flood"
    Absolutely and he has given us the rules for the NT church which is the law of love.

Billyray

You say, "Well, God, you said it was okay in the OT but then changed your own law in the NT, and well, I cannot obey your commend of me now since it conflicts with the law you gave in the NT but not the law you gave in the OT".
    God has given us the rules that he wants us to follow under the NT church. We are commanded to love our neighbor. He would not then give us a commandment to kill our neighbor under the NT program.

Sir

Absolutely and he has given us the rules for the NT church which is the law of love.
    Continuing to ignore that God gives rules, makes laws, and can require men to do as He wishes.

But you would tell God that any command he gave you that wasn't written in the NT you will not follow.

That is Bibliolatry.

Actually, that is New Testamentry.

You limit God to the NT.

And you ignore everything else about God.

Billyray

Since you obviously realize that your argument has been demolished
    BTW the statement that I made about Jeffs is certainly relevant today and this is at the heart of what you are trying to do with this line of questioning.

You see this whole line of questioning by you and theway is to provide a rationalization to justify your false beliefs. This is no different than what Warren Jeffs is doing today. He is claiming revelation from God and implementing new actions because God is telling him to do this and who could refuse what God tells him to do.

Billyray

Since you obviously realize that your argument has been demolished
    Not at all except in your own mind.

If God asked you to reject him and follow Satan would you do it?

Sir

God has given us the rules that he wants us to follow under the NT church. We are commanded to love our neighbor. He would not then give us a commandment to kill our neighbor under the NT program.
    See?

You are now thinking for God, speaking for God, and pretending to be God.

It's all you can do since you are forced to ignore your very own posts here that state God can do as He pleases, and God has shown that he can command killing and he can command not killing.

It's okay with me that you want to be a Bibliolatrist, and disobey a command from God if it conflicted with the NT. your choice.

Sir

Sure it was. Here is the running dialogue
    Right.

You claim God can change his laws from OT to NT. But then you claim He CANNOT command you to obey an OT law. That God is INCAPABLE of that. And you would DISOBEY God if he asked you to obey a command of his.

We're really just rehashing the same thing here.

So no need to keep repeating ourselves. The thread can speak for itself.

Billyray

You are now thinking for God, speaking for God, and pretending to be God.
    I am not pretending to be God, rather I am listening to God by following what he has told me to do via his word. And he has also told to me watch out for people like you who preach a different gospel that runs counter to what has been revealed in the NT.

Sir

BTW the statement that I made about Jeffs is certainly relevant today and this is at the heart of what you are trying to do with this line of questioning.
    Nice try.

The questions presented have ALWAYS PRECLUDED that it was VERY GOD, not someone believing it was God, or an angel of light, or Satan masquerading as God..

...VERY GOD.

But the only way out of your dilemma is to change the goal posts and claim that it might not really be God.

Billyray

You claim God can change his laws from OT to NT. But then you claim He CANNOT command you to obey an OT law.
    Because we are no longer under the law after the death of Christ.

Sir

Not at all except in your own mind.

See?

You already IGNORED the fact that we have scriptural precendent that God has allowed and disallowed killing.

I asked you to provide scriptural precedent that shows God ever commanded rejecting him and following Satan.

You cannot.

that's why you ignored it and continue to use that fallacious argument.

It's all you have left.

The readers of this thread can see it plainly.

Sir

I am not pretending to be God, rather I am listening to God by following what he has told me to do via his word. And he has also told to me watch out for people like you who preach a different gospel that runs counter to what has been revealed in the NT.
    That's all you have left.

Insult and attack and now argue against something irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Billyray

See?

Billyray

I asked you to provide scriptural precedent that shows God ever commanded rejecting him and following Satan.
    Couldn't God make up a new rule? He is God after all.

Billyray

That's all you have left.

Insult and attack and now argue against something irrelevant to the topic at hand.
    Not an insult but rather a warning to watch out for false prophets and their minions such as yourself that preach another gospel. Why would God give us that warning if he knew that the gospel would change prior to his second coming?

Sir

Couldn't God make up a new rule? He is God after all.

This is all you have left.

I'm sorry.

You lost this debate.

(BTW, if God could make a new rule, why are you claiming he cannot make it a rule he ALREADY had at one time, and instead you create a fallacy that God would create rule that goes against his very laws and rules?)

Let it go, billy.

We won't mind.

Sir

Not an insult but rather a warning to watch out for false prophets and their minions such as yourself that preach another gospel. Why would God give us that warning if he knew that the gospel would change prior to his second coming?
    More insults and calling me names.

It's all you have left.

I'm sorry.

Billyray

Default I thought you said that this would be easy?

This is all you have left.

I'm sorry.

You lost this debate.

(BTW, if God could make a new rule, why are you claiming he cannot make it a rule he ALREADY had at one time, and instead you create a fallacy that God would create rule that goes against his very laws and rules?)

Let it go, billy.

We won't mind.
    Are you going to answer my question?

Billyray

More insults and calling me names.

It's all you have left.

I'm sorry.
    I am giving you the truth according to the Bible. You would be wise to listen to what the Bible says rather than trying to come up with sneaky attempts to justify your false doctrine. This is no different that what Warren Jeffs is doing today. He is claiming that God has given him revelations and because it is from God it doesn't matter if anything conflicts with what is taught in the NT. Big mistake on his part and big mistake on your part as long as you follow your false prophet.

Sir

Are you going to answer my question?

Are you going to show me scriptural precedent where God EVER commanded that we reject Him and followe Satan?

You said: "You would be wise to listen to what the Bible says rather than trying to come up with sneaky attempts to justify your false doctrine"

So pony up the Bible showing that God commanded to reject him and follow satan.

I am only doing as you suggested.

Billyray

Are you going to show me scriptural precedent where God EVER commanded that we reject Him and followe Satan?
    Why do you think that God can't make up a new rule? He has done that in various times all throughout history.

So are you going to answer my question?

Sir

Why do you think that God can't make up a new rule? He has done that in various times all throughout history.

So are you going to answer my question?
    I'm using the Bible as precedent. You said to do the same.

Show me the Bible precedent for God commanding that we follow Satan.

Isn't it funny that you are arguing that God CAN make a new rule, but also arguing that God cannot command someone to follow a previous law/command he already created?

No wonder you are left with only this line of reasoning.

Billyray

Show me the Bible precedent for God commanding that we follow Satan.
    God gave new laws that didn't have prior precedent so by this standard God couldn't do this. Is that what you are saying?