Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
I believe men should have hair that reflects the best "male-ness" that is consistent with the bible's command.

I believe the women's 'head covering" talked about in the New test is actually just talking about "long hair" as as such I believe that the hair length of a girl should also reflect a message consistent with the Bible's command.
Indeed—those are interpretations and contextualizations you've made to make sense of biblical proscriptions that, if taken at face value, do not correspond with reality and morality as you know it.

The Bible does not endorse slavery, and in fact it commands that if a slave can find his freedom he should take it....
I agree with this command of the Bible.
Not once does any author in the biblical texts condemn the slave trade or say that owning another person is an immoral thing that a Christian ought not do. And in several places slavery is given explicit or tacit support as a direct command from God. Am I mistaken?

as for the Old test?...we are under the New Covenant, as as such we have to follow the laws laid out for us to follow that appear in the Bible for New test believers.
Indeed, most Christians do consider the Mosaic laws to have been abrogated by Christ, except when it's convenient for their culture wars.

As such we see clearly that being "gay" itself is called a perversion and the people who live in that type of sinful life do not enter into the kingdom....
"Being 'gay' itself" — [citation needed]
"is called a perversion" — [citation needed]

I'm sorry, but we do not "see clearly" any such thing. You're reading quite a bit of your modern biases into your selective reading and selective interpretation of a few select scriptures.

And, once again, if you bothered to get to know some gay people, it might help illuminate those biases to help you see them more clearly. Reality tends to have that effect on our treasured abstract interpretations—such as when the Christian doctrine of fixed-earth geocentrism was overthrown by the observable reality of heliocentrism.

"But it does move."