Thread: The Bible Does Not Prohibit ****sexuality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Q - So what does the Bible say about the eternal future of all the gays?....
    A - that they will not enter into the Kingdom.

Q - What does that mean that they will not enter into the Kingdom?...
    A - It means that will be gathered together before the Judgement seat of Christ, where they will be condemned...and tossed with Satan into the eternally burning Lake Of fire.

Q - So the Gays are tossed into the lake of Fire....but then what next?.....
    A - there is no "what next?", there is no change in their eternal existence from that moment on.

Q - so the gays burn forever?
    A - yes....and forever is a very, very long time.

ActRaiser

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

A - It means that will be gathered together before the Judgement seat of Christ, where they will be condemned...and tossed with Satan into the eternally burning Lake Of fire.

A - there is no "what next?", there is no change in their eternal existence from that moment on.

A#1- Well, if they are unrepentant, although I think that's what we are talking about here.

A#2- Yeah

A#3- Okay

A#4- Just to make sure, we're talking about people who are unrepentant ****sexuals, and not just people who have strong same-sex urges right?

asdf

You make it painfully evident that you're not even trying to read and respond to my posts. You've got a script, and you're sticking to it.

You also continue to make it painfully evident that you don't know any gay people.

The truth will set you free.

alanmolstad

Some people try to say that only gay "actions" condemn a person to hell...but our Lord was very clear at pointing out that even our inner most private thoughts condemn a person.

asdf

Some people try to say that only gay "actions" condemn a person to hell...but our Lord was very clear at pointing out that even our inner most private thoughts condemn a person.
    Considering what else is on Paul's "sin list" along with malakoi and ****nokoites, one might think you'd be more circumspect and less glib about condemning vast swathes of humanity to unending torture.

Or have you never stolen anything, been greedy or slandered or served an idol—even in your "inner most private thoughts"?

ActRaiser

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    Considering what else is on Paul's "sin list" along with malakoi and ****nokoites, one might think you'd be more circumspect and less glib about condemning vast swathes of humanity to unending torture.

Or have you never stolen anything, been greedy or slandered or served an idol—even in your "inner most private thoughts"?
    The problem here is that you're answering your own question. God condemns ALL sin. Have you been greedy, slandering, served an idol, like admiring sports more than God?

If the answer is yes, then having ****sexual thoughts and mannerisms shouldn't be far behind what is condemned. What's easy to understand, or at least it should be, is that you can hate things God hates without hating people.

I love thieves. I love my enemies. I hate what they do.

Likewise, God directly loves ****sexuals while he despises ****sexuality, what ****sexuality does to them and how ugly it is. Bare in mind it's not just ugly because of what it does but what it represents. Man was made in the image of God, and ecspecially for believers, when someone turns away from how God made them, it not only makes God a liar but it corrupts his image.

However, I am well-aware that having same sex attraction doesn't make you a murderer, a violent person, or a particular despicable person. The problem with God and ****sexuality is not the degree of sinfulness, it's SIN it'self.

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by ActRaiser View Post
    The problem here is that you're answering your own question. God condemns ALL sin. Have you been greedy, slandering, served an idol, like admiring sports more than God?

If the answer is yes, then having ****sexual thoughts and mannerisms shouldn't be far behind what is condemned.
    My point is not the condemnation, it is the result of that condemnation. Alan seems to be so gleeful & glib in talking about unending, hellacious torment for gay people, based on [his understanding of] Paul's list, not realizing that by his own standard he condemns himself to the same.

"For with the measure with which you judge, you will be judged."
    – Jesus of Nazareth

"Therefore you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in p***ing judgment on another you condemn yourself because you, the judge, are doing the very same things."
    – Paul of Tarsus

Also, [I repeat myself] I disagree that "****sexual thoughts and mannerisms" are what is condemned by Paul as malakoi and ****nokoites.

What's easy to understand, or at least it should be, is that you can hate things God hates without hating people.
    I grant that it's possible. But considering that the ones who "hate ****sexual sin" are also the ones who are fighting against all legal and civil protection for GLBT people, I do not think that theoretical possibility is applicable in this instance.

Likewise, God directly loves ****sexuals while he despises ****sexuality, what ****sexuality does to them and how ugly it is. Bare in mind it's not just ugly because of what it does but what it represents. Man was made in the image of God, and ecspecially for believers, when someone turns away from how God made them, it not only makes God a liar but it corrupts his image.

However, I am well-aware that having same sex attraction doesn't make you a murderer, a violent person, or a particular despicable person. The problem with God and ****sexuality is not the degree of sinfulness, it's SIN it'self.
    I disagree that living an honest life; embracing love, confidence, and maturity; being true to oneself and to society; committing to meaningful love and relationship is "making God a liar", "turning away from how God made" one, or "sinful".
    Last edited by asdf; 10-13-2012 at 05:09 PM.

ActRaiser

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    My point is not the condemnation, it is the result of that condemnation. Alan seems to be so gleeful & glib in talking about unending, hellacious torment for gay people, based on [his understanding of] Paul's list, not realizing that by his own standard he condemns himself to the same.

"For with the measure with which you judge, you will be judged."
    – Jesus of Nazareth

"Therefore you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in p***ing judgment on another you condemn yourself because you, the judge, are doing the very same things."
    – Paul of Tarsus

Also, [I repeat myself] I disagree that "****sexual thoughts and mannerisms" are what is condemned by Paul as malakoi and ****nokoites.

I grant that it's possible. But considering that the ones who "hate ****sexual sin" are also the ones who are fighting against all legal and civil protection for GLBT people, I do not think that theoretical possibility is applicable in this instance.

I disagree that living an honest life; embracing love, confidence, and maturity; being true to oneself and to society; committing to meaningful love and relationship is "making God a liar", "turning away from how God made" one, or "sinful".
    Then you disagree with God. While everything you've listed is good in and of themselves, nothing is adequate for spiritual growth without God, his word and his Son Jesus.

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by ActRaiser View Post
    Then you disagree with God.
    I disagree with you that I disagree with God.

While everything you've listed is good in and of themselves, nothing is adequate for spiritual growth without God, his word and his Son Jesus.
    I believe that things that are good—things that are "good in and of themselves"—are in fact good. "Think on these things", "against such things there is no law", "everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial", "everyone who loves is in God, for God is love".

Where there is love, where there is goodness & beauty & fidelity & shalom & perseverance & self-sacrifice & ... — that's where God is. That's what God smiles upon.

I'm not able to regard that as in any way inferior to my own relationship with my wife. I'm not able to regard that as something that is hated by a God who is good.

Libby

I disagree with you that I disagree with God.
    I came here earlier today and almost typed those exact words, when I read our friend's post...but, decided not to insert myself in this conversation.

Wanted to tell you that I have enjoyed your posts on this subject, though. A breath of fresh air. Namaste'