Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Bible Does Not Prohibit ****sexuality

Libby

I disagree with you that I disagree with God.
    I came here earlier today and almost typed those exact words, when I read our friend's post...but, decided not to insert myself in this conversation.

Wanted to tell you that I have enjoyed your posts on this subject, though. A breath of fresh air. Namaste'

alanmolstad

the Bishop abandoned his wife and family...and entered into an evil and disgusting **** relationship.

He has led many down a dark path....

He will likely burn forever and ever in hell's fire....
    I would be not upset by that eternal fate for him at all...

Saxon

Is the Old Testament of any value to the Christian that is in Christ?

alanmolstad

It's kinda like a 3rd grade teacher. ..important at one time in our history but once you are in 4th grade you have another teacher to listen to now that is better

alanmolstad

So as Walter martin said We must read the Old Test in the light of the New

Saxon

Does the Old Testament teach anything different than the New Testament when you take into consideration the context of the whole Bible?

alanmolstad

the Old Testament teaches the Old Covenant, and as we read in the New Test if there was nothing wrong with the Old Covenant there would be no need for the New.

The New Wine can not fit in the Old Wine skins....

Saxon

What scripture did Paul preach from?

alanmolstad

John 6:68
    "Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

We have to remember that Peter and Paul and the rest of the Disciples all were Jews and so they already had plenty of teachers of the Law.
    They did not lack of instruction.

But they did not have life.

Life is found in the words of Christ.

This is why Paul tells us that he preached nothing except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.
    This is why the teachings of the Disciples were so radically different than the teachings of the Jews at the time.
    For we are not just dealing with a new reason the Jews should kill a goat, or a new list of foods that cant be eaten, or a new way to wash our hands etc, etc,etc,
    Had that been true then Jesus and the Disciples like Paul would have been accepted by the Jewish leaders as being "One of them"

But people came to Jesus to hear him because Jesus taught different than the Jewish teachers, for Jesus taught as one who had "authority".
    This is why there is a Christian faith.

For Christians base their religion on the words of Christ, for they (The words of Christ) are held as being superior to all other teachings and words.
    This also was the reason for 1 Corinthians 1:23
    "but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,"

So if you want to actually know what the Disciples preached?...it was this. > "Christ crucified"

This also is why today I tell people that if you want to understand what we base the Christian religion on?, just think about all that could be removed from the world and yet still have enough to be a true Christian?....

For example: could you remove all the church buildings and still be Christian?....yes
    Could you remove all the books found in the Old Testament and still be a Christian?....yes

So what is the one thing in this world that has to be true or the whole of the christian faith falls?.....The Resurrection of Christ from the dead.

So except for the Resurrection of Christ, all the rest of the things found in our religion could be taken away or proved to be false and it would not matter?.....yes

As long as the Resurrection of Christ is true, it and it alone is the only reason we are Christians....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 12-11-2014 at 05:34 AM.

Saxon

Not only did you not come close to answering my question, you seem to be willing to toss out the Old Testament. Where do you find that the Old Testament is no longer valid for the Christian?

The question was, “What scripture did Paul preach from?” I was not asking about who Paul was preaching about.

Also, what scriptures were the people of Berea searching? (See Ac 17:11)

In John 5:39, what scriptures did Jesus want searched that testified of him?

Ac 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

alanmolstad

I answered my way..you answer your own

alanmolstad

So what Im saying, (and have said above)is that there is a very good reason why we call our selves "Christians" and not "Old Testament Jews"

The Old Test taught the Jews the concept of the Old Covenant.
    My thoughts on the Old Covenant are best summed up at Hebrews 8:7

That there is but one thing that makes us Christians, and its as I have talked about above.
    This is why I'm a Christian.

But Im not interested in the unending debate between the Septuagint vs the Masoretic texts, nor have any time to be part of a"King James Only" , "Book of Enoch" .etc debates.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 12-12-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Saxon

Your answer seems to be answering some different question. It does not answer what I have asked.

Saxon

So what Im saying, (and have said above)is that there is a very good reason why we call our selves "Christians" and not "Old Testament Jews"

The Old Test taught the Jews the concept of the Old Covenant.
    My thoughts on the Old Covenant are best summed up at Hebrews 8:7

That there is but one thing that makes us Christians, and its as I have talked about above.
    This is why I'm a Christian.
    You are still avoiding the questions that I have asked you. You seem to think that the Old Testament is for those of direct Hebrew ancestry. This is not true. The whole Bible is for all and any who read it and trust in Christ.

Let us try again:

What scripture did Paul preach from?

Also, what scriptures were the people of Berea searching? (See Ac 17:11)

In John 5:39, what scriptures did Jesus want searched that testified of him?

Ac 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

But Im not interested in the unending debate between the Septuagint vs the Masoretic texts, nor have any time to be part of a"King James Only" , "Book of Enoch" .etc debates.
    No one is debating any of these books and texts. All that I am interested in is the Bible, in the English language. You can use any version that you wish. I use the King James because I like it. I do not claim that the KJV is the only Bible that is endorsed by God and I never will. So get your mind on the English Bible, what ever version you want and answer the questions that I have asked. If you are interested in the truth then be as direct in your answer as possible and support your response with scripture where ever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Interesting interview with the Bishop Gene Robinson, first openly gay Bishop of the Episcopal Church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFhyK...feature=colike

(Not sure why the Islamic sub***les)

Edit: Someone told me, it might be because someone has a "hit" out on him. He did say that he has received numerous death threats.. Very sad.
    and why would you listen to a ****sexual bishop who has a personal stake in the answer? the Bible does prohibit ****sexuality.
    check the new book thread to find my new books