Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off shoots

Snow Patrol

Default Off shoots

I happened to peruse the LDS board on another site. On it, it had a link to a picture of the FLDS temple in Texas that had a bed as one of its altars. At the bottom of the initial post there was a "reason" why this pertained to the LDS board. The reason they gave was that the FLDS got their start, or are an off shoot, from the LDS Church.

My question is... is it accurate and appropriate to bring in "off shoots" or "break aways" from a main body of believers in order to make the main body of believers look evil or wrong?

If you think the answer is NO, it shouldn't happen AND you are Christian, then why do you think that no other Christian on this other board came out and said anything?

If you think the answer is Yes, then are you prepared to have the mirror placed before you?

Dante

Experience on these types of boards would suggest that it is fair game to bring that type of criticism against the LDS due to the "continuing revelation" mentality it fosters in these misbegotten offshoots.

And conversely, the mirror is off limits.

Seebok, where for art thou?

Libby

I don't think it's really fair, even though the churches have the same roots. Obviously, they each believe the other is apostate, because of following false prophets...so, they have each gone their own way, in many respects, each becoming quite different from the other.

I miss Seebok. Wonder if we will see him here again?

Dante

Did he get booted, just decided it wasn't worth the time anymore or on a secret government mission?

Libby

I don't think he got booted, but the last two are definitely possibilities.

BrianH

My question is... is it accurate and appropriate to bring in "off shoots" or "break aways" from a main body of believers in order to make the main body of believers look evil or wrong?
    Depends on the context of the conversation.

Generally speaking, would you abide by the same restrictions that you seek to impose on your critics?

-BH

nrajeff

I can't see myself using the Branch Davidian fiasco as proof that SDA is evil.

Snow Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Depends on the context of the conversation.

What would qualify as an acceptable context?

Generally speaking, would you abide by the same restrictions that you seek to impose on your critics?

Absolutely. However, I will readily admit that I would not hesitate to bring the mirror out if the LDS critic initiates the topic.

BrianH

What would qualify as an acceptable context?
    It is inappropriate, or at least inaccurate to hold LDS accountable for the teachings of some LDS offshoot that is deviating from LDS normative theology. OTH, if the offshoot is actually doing what the LDS "prophet" both taught and lived as an example, then there is a place for a debate on the matter.

That there ARE offshoots of biblical Christianity is no argument against biblical Christianity. The claims, scriptures, and other official representation of any religion can only be rightly evaluated on their own terms. Claiming for example that biblical Christianity is FALSE because the Westboro "Baptist" church carries signs that that announce "God Hates ***s" or that God is pleased to see dead U.S. soldiers is really just a red herring. The claims of Christianity do NOT include that God hates ***s, nor is there evidence in the claims of Christ or the Bible that God loves to see U.S. servicemen killed. That is the message of the Westboro Baptist church, not the Bible.

Similarly, if some wild hair offshoot of the LDS somewhere in the dessert starts killing and eating small children, it would be wrong to blame the LDS for that behavior.

But the problem you guys face is that your founding "prophet" both taught and clearly lived out the example of marrying adolescent girls and the wives of other men and he attributed his practices and teachings to God himself. While this is not currently "official doctrine" of the LDS it absolutely was the official doctrine of your founding prophet who blamed it on God. That makes Joseph Smith a FALSE prophet even when compared to your own (LDS) current doctrine.

-BH

Richard

It is inappropriate, or at least inaccurate to hold LDS accountable for the teachings of some LDS offshoot that is deviating from LDS normative theology. OTH, if the offshoot is actually doing what the LDS "prophet" both taught and lived as an example, then there is a place for a debate on the matter.

That there ARE offshoots of biblical Christianity is no argument against biblical Christianity. The claims, scriptures, and other official representation of any religion can only be rightly evaluated on their own terms. Claiming for example that biblical Christianity is FALSE because the Westboro "Baptist" church carries signs that that announce "God Hates ***s" or that God is pleased to see dead U.S. soldiers is really just a red herring. The claims of Christianity do NOT include that God hates ***s, nor is there evidence in the claims of Christ or the Bible that God loves to see U.S. servicemen killed. That is the message of the Westboro Baptist church, not the Bible.

Similarly, if some wild hair offshoot of the LDS somewhere in the dessert starts killing and eating small children, it would be wrong to blame the LDS for that behavior.

But the problem you guys face is that your founding "prophet" both taught and clearly lived out the example of marrying adolescent girls and the wives of other men and he attributed his practices and teachings to God himself. While this is not currently "official doctrine" of the LDS it absolutely was the official doctrine of your founding prophet who blamed it on God. That makes Joseph Smith a FALSE prophet even when compared to your own (LDS) current doctrine.

-BH

Here we go again with Brian making accusations that he cannot give a source for. Brian please provide us all with the civil marriage
    licenses? As you fail to note or even cite properly is that we are talking about sealing not civil marriages. Interesting.

r.

BrianH

Oh C'mawn Richard... You KNOW that Smith never got "civil marriage licenses" for his 30+ wives because polygamy is and was ILLEGAL. There is no way he could have gotten them so your lame little retort is, as usual, easily exposed as just another example of a Mormon using a logical fallacy to obscure the issue (specifically the argument from silence fallacy). That fails to obscure the FACT that Smith took several wives for himself including ****scent girls and other men's wives.

What was your "prophet" doing marrying other men's wives, Rich? Do you deny this?

Please deny this, cuz I am prepared to humiliate you again under a mountain of evidence for you to then just deny.

-BH

Snow Patrol

So how is the context of what you described relevant to posting a picture of a bed in their temple?

BrianH

Sorry uh ...it doesn't. I was not commenting on that.

-HB

Richard

Oh C'mawn Richard... You KNOW that Smith never got "civil marriage licenses" for his 30+ wives because polygamy is and was ILLEGAL. There is no way he could have gotten them so your lame little retort is, as usual, easily exposed as just another example of a Mormon using a logical fallacy to obscure the issue (specifically the argument from silence fallacy). That fails to obscure the FACT that Smith took several wives for himself including ****scent girls and other men's wives.

What was your "prophet" doing marrying other men's wives, Rich? Do you deny this?

Please deny this, cuz I am prepared to humiliate you again under a mountain of evidence for you to then just deny.

-BH

I know this will be near impossible for you good buddy, but for once could you please site your source if you have one. Yes, Joseph had other mens wives sealed to him, so what? they never slept with him, that is if, "if", you can produce some creditable evidence to show otherwise. Please provide evidence that Joseph slept with any of the women who were, SEALED, to him. Also good buddy, how could a man have had 30 some wives and not have produced any children? They did not have the pill in those days friend.

I am eager to see your deflection when you try to rebut this piece of amateur ham work you consider still relevant. Must I remind you what Mossier and Owns said about old sensationalized criticisms, and false accusations.

Put up or s--- up Brian.

Richard.

BrianH

Default "So what"???

I know this will be near impossible for you good buddy, but for once could you please site your source if you have one. Yes, Joseph had other mens wives sealed to him, so what?
    First of all since you admit my claim, what purpose is there in me going and digging out my sources. Secondly, look what you just said: "Joseph had other mens wives sealed to him, so what?" ...of course "sealed" is just a euphemism for marriage.

"So what"?

You say "So what"???

Richard, your so-called "prophet" MARRIED other men's wives. Are you so blind to evil and to sin that I have to spell out the "so what" to you?

Why would any man let his wife be married to another man is a great mystery. Would you let your wife be sealed to Thomas Monosn? Who's wife will she be in the hereafter, Rich? With whom will she be copulating to produce a planet full of spirit children to worship you as their God, Monson or you?

-BH

Last edited by BrianH; 04-18-2009 at 07:36 PM.

John T

Default Joseph was a "swinger"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I know this will be near impossible for you good buddy, but for once could you please site your source if you have one. Yes, Joseph had other mens (sic) wives sealed to him, so what?

You acknowledge that fact. Why does he need to find sources, for they are COMMON KNOWLEDGE

they never slept with him, that is if, "if", you can produce some creditable evidence to show otherwise.
    Logically, it is impossible to prove a negative, so your accusation is moot.
    Second, the accusation is contrary to the normal bounds of marriage.
    Third, lacking any evidence to the contrary, it is most probable that Smith did have relations with all 30 of his women.

Please provide evidence that Joseph slept with any of the women who were, SEALED, to him. Also good buddy, how could a man have had 30 some wives and not have produced any children? They did not have the pill in those days friend.
    What you state is not supported by evidence. I googled "children of Joseph Smith" and found this (partial snip)

Historians have previously identified eight possible children of Joseph Smith borne by his plural wives. As of November 2007, DNA testing has shown that three of these eight children were not fathered by Joseph Smith.

Two other children died as infants and therefore left no posterity. DNA testing is underway or remains a possiblity for the the remaining three. They are listed below, along with the traditionally recognized mother and father:

DNA TESTING COMPLETE: (JS IS the father of these)

Moroni Pratt (Birth: December 7, 1844)
    Mother: Mary Ann Frost
    Father: Parley P. Pratt (confirmed via DNA research - May 2005)

Zebulon Jacobs (Birth: January 2, 1842)
    Mother: Zina Huntington Jacobs
    Father: Henry Jacobs (confirmed via DNA research – May 2005)

Oliver Buell (Birth: 1838 – 39)
    Mother: Presendia Huntington Buell
    Father: Norman Buell (confirmed via DNA research – November 2007)

I am eager to see your deflection when you try to rebut this piece of amateur ham work you consider still relevant. Must I remind you what Mossier and Owns said about old sensationalized criticisms, and false accusations.

No one needs to rebut non-given evidence. You failed to produce anything. OTOH I did a cursory web search, and found that stuff right off.

In doing that, I have created your work for you; I provided an example that runs contrary to what you ***ert. Your *** is to demonstrate exactly WHY the DNA testing of those three children is flawed, and then provide evidence that states that JS did NOT commit adultery with these stolen wives from other men.

You know today that is an alternative life style, just like today; they call it "swinging" now.

Richard

Default Brian deflects and you are using dated material, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    [COLOR=Black]You acknowledge that fact. Why does he need to find sources, for they are COMMON KNOWLEDGE

Logically, it is impossible to prove a negative, so your accusation is moot.
    Second, the accusation is contrary to the normal bounds of marriage.
    Third, lacking any evidence to the contrary, it is most probable that Smith did have relations with all 30 of his women.

Who's common knowledge friend. I asked for a source of his accusations of, "polygamy is and was ILLEGAL", and "cuz I am prepared to humiliate you again under a mountain of evidence for you to then just deny. So John, what is wrong with asking for some source materials that Joseph ever married anyone of these women, and had sexual relations with any one of them. Do you know the difference between a civil marriage and a sealing? Can you provide me with at least one civil marriage? Can you show any children that is proven by DNA. If not, what do you claim that can be proven with hard evidence? I predicted that Brian would deflect, that is his standard MO.

What you state is not supported by evidence. I googled "children of Joseph Smith" and found this (partial snip)
    [INDENT]Historians have previously identified eight possible children of Joseph Smith borne by his plural wives. As of November 2007, DNA testing has shown that three of these eight children were not fathered by Joseph Smith.
    Two other children died as infants and therefore left no posterity. DNA testing is underway or remains a possibility for the the remaining three. They are listed below, along with the traditionally recognized mother and father:

DNA TESTING COMPLETE: (JS IS the father of these)

Oliver Buell (Birth: 1838 – 39)
    Mother: Presendia Huntington Buell
    Father: Norman Buell (confirmed via DNA research – November 2007)
    Evidence??? Olive Buell --- DNA testing has definitively ruled out Joseph as Oliver's father. You must have dated information, that's what you get from, "quickie", googling.

[
    B]Moroni[/B] Pratt (Birth: December 7, 1844)
    Mother: Mary Ann Frost
    Father: Parley P. Pratt (confirmed via DNA research - May 2005)

Zebulon Jacobs (Birth: January 2, 1842)
    Mother: Zina Huntington Jacobs
    Father: Henry Jacobs (confirmed via DNA research – May 2005)

Also DNA testing has ruled out three other alleged male descendants — Moroni Llewellyn Pratt (son of Mary Ann Frost Pratt, married to Parley P. Pratt), Zebulon Jacobs (son of Zina Diantha Huntington Jacobs Smith, married to Henry Bailey Jacobs) and Orrison Smith (son of Fanny Alger).

Your batting zero, and making your self look pretty foolish. So out of those we have data for, there is no evidence from DNA at this point that Joseph Smith had any children from women other than Emma Smith.

No one needs to rebut non-given evidence. You failed to produce anything. OTOH I did a cursory web search, and found that stuff right off.
    Good for you, so please review with me what you have as hard evidence, please do that as I'm waiting anxiously for your further research and would appreciate sources and names of Historians your quoting from.

In doing that, I have created your work for you; I provided an example that runs contrary to what you ***ert. Your *** is to demonstrate exactly WHY the DNA testing of those three children is flawed, and then provide evidence that states that JS did NOT commit adultery with these stolen wives from other men.
    You know today that is an alternative life style, just like today; they call it "swinging" now.
    So exactly what did you prove, I see only some old accusations, that have been already proven to be contrary to you lame example. Did you prove anywhere that Joseph had sexual relations with any of the wives of other men he was sealed to. Interesting. Please get back to me, since Brian has coped out as usual.

R.
    Last edited by Richard; 04-18-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Richard

[QUOTE]
    First of all since you admit my claim, what purpose is there in me going and digging out my sources. Secondly, look what you just said: "Joseph had other mens wives sealed to him, so what?" ...of course "sealed" is just a euphemism for marriage.

"So what"?

You say "So what"???

Richard, your so-called "prophet" MARRIED other men's wives. Are you so blind to evil and to sin that I have to spell out the "so what" to you?
    I know that historians show that Joseph was sealed to them, but they still remained married to their husbands, so what?

Why would any man let his wife be married to another man is a great mystery. Would you let your wife be sealed to Thomas Monosn? Who's wife will she be in the hereafter, Rich? With whom will she be copulating to produce a planet full of spirit children to worship you as their God, Monson or you?

-BH
    I wouldn't since I have been married in the Temple and sealed to my wife for eternity, so my friend you see, which you apparently don't see, is that under the laws of Heaven, only a man and women sealed by God can have eternal life, where as you my friend and if you are married, are joined together only until death.

Nice deflection though.

Dante

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Am I missing something or did you seriously just make bold faced accusations in regard to this and then provide links to articles that absolutely refute it?

Did you even bother reading those articles?

From the article: (confirmed via DNA research – November 2007)
    "For 160 years people have been writing in books or speculating that these people could have been Joseph Smith's children. When people write something in a book, many people refer to that almost as a fact. Brodie went on and on about Buell, talking about the timing and the picture — everything seems to indicate Buell was Joseph Smith's son. But the DNA says otherwise."

AND:
    "The list of approximately 12 people alleged to have been Smith's children "may grow over time," Perego said, noting historical documents continue to surface. "I'm not saying the list I have is definitive or complete at all. But out of those we have data for, there is no evidence from DNA at this point that Joseph Smith had any children from women other than Emma Smith."
    Last edited by Dante; 04-18-2009 at 10:59 PM.

BrianH

I know that historians show that Joseph was sealed to them, but they still remained married to their husbands, so what?
    You are making a distinction between "sealed" and "married".

Cute trick, but you know its fake. And you know that I know that its fake.

So ....why bother with the trick? It makes you look silly.

I wouldn't since I have been married in the Temple and sealed to my wife for eternity, so my friend you see, which you apparently don't see, is that under the laws of Heaven, only a man and women sealed by God can have eternal life, where as you my friend and if you are married, are joined together only until death.
    Interesting Freudian slip there Richard. Read what you just wrote out loud, slowly to yourself. So then these women are to abandon their husbands in heaven and cling to Smith, right?

Who made this stuff up, Rich?

Nice deflection though
    Says the guy who almost NEVER answers any questions.

I suggest you learn what the word "deflection" means; I am directly attacking your claims, Rich.

-BH

Last edited by BrianH; 04-19-2009 at 06:24 AM.

Richard

[QUOTE=BrianH;13067]You are making a distinction between "sealed" and "married".

Cute trick, but you know its fake. And you know that I know that its fake.

So ....why bother with the trick? It makes you look silly.

Huge difference between sealed and married in a civil marriage, apparently God only recognizes sealed for eternity marriages performed by one holding the keys of the Priesthood to perform such marriages. Silly is you trying to provide any kind of marriage certificate showing it was anything other then a sealing. Interesting deflection as you sort through you anti- book cursing the fact that you can't find any information that Joseph was married to any of these women. Nor can you find that the relationship was consummated in the traditional way. I keep telling you to throw away those old antiquated anti-books and move on, you know, they make you look kind of silly.

Interesting Freudian slip there Richard. Read what you just wrote out loud, slowly to yourself. So then these women are to abandon their husbands in heaven and cling to Smith, right?
    Who made this stuff up, Rich? Says the guy who almost NEVER answers any questions.

I suggest you learn what the word "deflection" means; I am directly attacking your claims, Rich.

-BH
    Really, maybe you should re-read my answer. Since I have married and been sealed with my wife for time and eternity, there would be no reason to ask Pres. Monson to be sealed to her.

Sexual Relations and Polyandry

The above table shows that about one-fourth of Joseph's wives were married women, which Mormon historians have characterized as "polyandry" in a general sense. In Sacred Loneliness, however, uses the term specifically for a woman's marriage to more than one husband, with full physical intimacy. This is also the connotation of the standard definition: "having more than one husband or male mate at one time." In these cases, we simply know that an eternal marriage to Joseph was performed with the continuation of the temporal marriage to an existing husband. By 1846, most of these husbands accepted the eternal sealing to the Prophet. Compton overinterprets the phrase time and eternity, which some married women said was used in their sealings to Joseph Smith. The sealings established an eternal relationship with the Prophet from that point, but time did not necessarily imply present marital relations with two men. A verbal argument to that effect lacks substance. Polyandry should indicate a category of Joseph's sealings to some married women, without implying simultaneous sexual partners.

The published revelation on plural marriage records that certain women "have been given unto my servant Joseph" (D&C 132:52). After some chapters, readers may wonder, "Did God inspire or lead Joseph to be sealed to women who were already married?" The most direct response is "Yes." As believing Latter-day Saints and research historians, we interpret Joseph Smith's involvement with the introduction of plural (celestial) marriage as being firmly grounded in both moral and inspired eternal principles. This conclusion is based on a consistent picture in early documents, including the faithful lives and personal revelations of the first participants, and their remarkable perseverance in overcoming obstacles to accepting and living this celestial principle of marriage.

Compton does not specify or quantify or document his generalized conclusion that "in a significant number" of these plural marriages Joseph Smith had sexual contact with his partner. If by "significant" Compton implies that a majority of these marriages had what he terms the "sexual dimension," his statement is not supported by the data he presents. This is an example of many questionable conclusions in this book that are overly broad, nonspecific, or undocumented.

Richard

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Am I missing something or did you seriously just make bold faced accusations in regard to this and then provide links to articles that absolutely refute it?

Did you even bother reading those articles?
    Thank you Dante, as we clearly see, the non-mormons, (critics), have again and again dug up old antiquated and sensationalized materials that when trotted out, only provide stale, unreliable and unsubstantiated claims. We have learned from both Brian and John, their work and research is disturbed by its dissonances. Lack of agreement is consistent with the whom, how and why of their source materials, which we have show time and time is out of harmony with historical facts or lack of facts and evidence which conflict with their lame claims.

Richard.

BrianH

Huge difference between sealed and married in a civil marriage, apparently God only recognizes sealed for eternity marriages performed by one holding the keys of the Priesthood to perform such marriages.

Show me where God makes this distinction, Rich. Until you do, it is obvious that this is nothing but another doctrine that Joseph Smith developed to cover his own personal sins (in this case polygamy) with the false rubric of another fake revelation. You have been SO duped.

I dare you to even TRY to show me biblical support for this lame, artificial and obviously self-serving distinction between "sealing" and "marriage". If you even bother to try to live up to your responsibility to meet that challenge, you will quickly discover that once again, as usual, you have swallowed the whole thing: hook, line, single, pole, fisherman and boat without even bothering to see if it is in any way scriptural. You have believed it because Joseph Smith said it (again ...to cover his **** after his polygamy was exposed), and your church TELLS you to "believe it".

-BH

Richard

Default truly a deflection as I noted Brian would do.

Show me where God makes this distinction, Rich. Until you do, it is obvious that this is nothing but another doctrine that Joseph Smith developed to cover his own personal sins (in this case polygamy) with the false rubric of another fake revelation. You have been SO duped.
    Duped? what the heck you talking about, the accusation you made was, "for his 30+ wives because polygamy is and was ILLEGAL. and then you followed up with, "FACT that Smith took several wives for himself including ****scent girls and other men's wives. This is part of Doctrine you never apparently read, so you carelessly made two mistakes, one is that Polygamy was illegal, and the other is you cannot produce marriage certificates of a civil marriage. Interesting. Then you do not understand Polyandry as God quiet plainly explains in the verse I quoted to you. By 1846, most of these husbands accepted the eternal sealing to the Prophet. Compton overinterprets the phrase time and eternity, which some married women said was used in their sealing to Joseph Smith. The sealing established an eternal relationship with the Prophet from that point, but time did not necessarily imply present marital relations with two men. A verbal argument to that effect lacks substance. Polyandry should indicate a category of Joseph's to some married women, without implying simultaneous sexual partners.

The published revelation on plural marriage records that certain women "have been given unto my servant Joseph" (D&C 132:52).

I dare you to even TRY to show me biblical support for this lame, artificial and obviously self-serving distinction between "sealing" and "marriage". If you even bother to try to live up to your responsibility to meet that challenge, you will quickly discover that once again, as usual, you have swallowed the whole thing: hook, line, single, pole, fisherman and boat without even bothering to see if it is in any way scriptural. You have believed it because Joseph Smith said it (again ...to cover his **** after his polygamy was exposed), and your church TELLS you to "believe it".

-BH
    You can dare all you want Brian, but the challenge is for you to prove that Polygamy was illegal, and that these marriages where anything other then a sealing. You are limited to what your poor sources speculate, you cannot provide any evidence of sexual relations, children from these sealing, etc, etc.

So big mouth, do the following as you so clearly stated,
    "Please deny this, cuz I am prepared to humiliate you again under a mountain of evidence for you to then just deny".

Thanks partner, and good luck.

R.

BrianH

Duped? what the heck you talking about, the accusation you made was, "for his 30+ wives because polygamy is and was ILLEGAL. and then you followed up with, "FACT that Smith took several wives for himself including ****scent girls and other men's wives. This is part of Doctrine you never apparently read, so you carelessly made two mistakes, one is that Polygamy was illegal, and the other is you cannot produce marriage certificates of a civil marriage.
    Wrong Rich ...the simple FACT is, Smith did not get a marriage certificate is because it was illegal for him to be married to other men's wives, not because it was part of doctrine that "I never read", nor anyone else ever read. In fact it is not part of any "doctrine" outside the doctrines of the Mormon imagination. Secondly, MANY people have marriage certificates resulting from civil marriages. So as usual, you are either ignorant or lying.

Then you do not understand Polyandry as God quiet plainly explains in the verse I quoted to you.
    You never quoted me anything other than the product of the Mormon imagination. What these OTHER dupes and victims of Smith's deceptions fell for is immaterial. The FACT is they let their wives be married (or sealed) to another man for eternity - at least in their imaginations. That they did such a thing only shows the depth of their deception and their gullibility.

The published revelation on plural marriage records that certain women "have been given unto my servant Joseph" (D&C 132:52).
    ..which was WRITTEN BY JOSEPH SMITH in an obvious effort to rationalize his own polygamous indulgences ...its AMAZING how anyone could actually be so duped by this stuff. You have been played like a card, pal.

You can dare all you want Brian, but the challenge is for you to prove that Polygamy was illegal, and that these marriages where anything other then a sealing. You are limited to what your poor sources speculate, you cannot provide any evidence of sexual relations, children from these sealing, etc, etc.
    Yes I can dare and, as usual, the Mormon will not meet the challenge I place before him so he is forced to try to obscure his lack of response to that challenge by issuing his own counter-challenge. Obviously there is no biblical support for your "doctrine" so, you are forced by your pathetic little ego problem to hide like a wounded kitten and lash out with your own nonsense to try to hide your embarr***ment.

I can only wonder if you have somehow managed to fool yourself, or if you somehow think that your stupid tactics have in any way fooled anyone else (except other Mormons, that is - but then again, apparently Mormons are EASILY fooled.)

Yes, Rich you have been duped; polygamy was illegal. In fact, just to clue you in and bring your woefully inadequate education up to speed, the simple FACT is that the statehood of Utah hinged on your church DROPPING this doctrine in order to conform to the law of the nation the people of Utah was trying to join. Suddenly (and conveniently) the Mormon "God" changed his mind and Mormons did away with polygamy.

It seems you are not only ignorant of the basics here, but your God is apparently willing to alter his own laws to accommodate the dictates of men.

So big mouth, do the following as you so clearly stated, "Please deny this, cuz I am prepared to humiliate you again under a mountain of evidence for you to then just deny".
    So then you deny that Smith invented the Mormon doctrine of polygamy, right?

-BH

Last edited by BrianH; 04-19-2009 at 06:54 PM.