Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
BigJulie said: Pa Pa, to add to your list--no ark of the covenant, no Urim and Thummin, no breastplate---all of these were artifacts Jewish theology.

According to Joseph Smith, he had the Urim and the Thummin last so even he claims they existed becaused he used them in his translation of the BOM. So, LDS KNOW they existed, correct? So, even though we do not HAVE the Urim and Thummim, you can remove it from your "list."

I ask for no artifact.. I don't ask for the gold plates.. All I ask is a m****cript of the BofM is the original language just like we have for the Bible.. Is that too much to ask? We have such for the Bible. They want to give the BofM equality with the real scripture in asking that I ask for the same evidence that is given for the Bible.. Show a m****cript of the original language that the Bible was written in. Let us have the same opportunity we have for the Bible to place the language in the context of the original. After all no matter how honest, no matter how hard a translator tries to hold the meaning of such a text something of the full meaning is always lost in a translation.. I ask them to produce it or admit that the BofM is a story invented by Joseph Smith from his exposure to the legends, stories, and out and out myths invented in his own mind..

I don't see the LDS lining up to explain why a copy of the original language in unavailable. A simple rubbing of the pates could have produced it as quickly as a printing press can make copies of the set type used to publish a Sunday news paper in his era..IHS jim