Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Voting in the Deep South

[QUOTE=RealFakeHair;116991]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post

He would be a nerd christ
    No, Moon is a false Christ, and those who preach his gospel come under the Gal. 1:8 curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post

No, Moon is a false Christ, and those who preach his gospel come under the Gal. 1:8 curse.
    Apollogette---it was RealFakeHair who made this comment, not me. Will you please edit your post so it shows correctly. Thank you.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

so Julie, a big fan of the Rev Moon I hear talk of now?...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    so Julie, a big fan of the Rev Moon I hear talk of now?...LOL
    Never listened to him. I have heard more about him on this site than anywhere.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

Never listened to .....
    One of the things I have found true lately around here......"It's not the same as real life"

On the computer screen Im sure everyone strikes each other as a bit 'off plumb'...

But in real life I have no doubt that even Billy knows how to pick a great wine for dinner.....

jdjhere

Libby said: "I doubt Harry Reid and other Democratic LDS (yes, there are quite a few) will be voting for Romney."

You are correct Libby. If he was going to vote Republican, he would have voted for Huntsman (the OTHER LDS) over Romney, but Huntsman is OUT now.

CNN article: ""If I had a choice, I would favor Huntsman over Romney," Reid told reporters after a meeting on Capitol Hill. "But I don't have a choice in that race."

Libby said: "Jd, of course, he has a choice. We always have a choice.."

Not according to Reid. "But I don't have a choice in that race." Why would he say that? Is he being pressured by Democrats to vote his own party or is it just the "right" thing to do, to vote within your party?

Libby Said "In other words, he is solidly Democrat and will be voting for Obama."
    Libby said: "Jd, of course, he has a choice. We always have a choice, when we enter the voting booth, alone. No one is going to know how we vote, so we can vote for whomever we want. If Harry Reid really WANTED TO vote for a Mormon, he most certainly could (and would, I have no doubt)...in the National election, if there is a Mormon running, which it looks like there will be."
    So, we really don't KNOW how Reid will vote while in the booth... correct?

Libby

Jd, this conversation is getting very convoluted.

My only point was that not all Mormons will vote for Romney just because he is a Mormon. I saw a breakdown of political parties within the LDS Church and about a third are Democrat, and a good percentage are Independent voters, including some of the Apostles and Seventies.

Jdhere, I think Reid said that because as a democrat Senator, he does not vote in the GOP primaries---not because anyone is forcing him to do anything. Good grief. My word, you guys will believe just about anything if you can put a negative spin to it.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Jd, this conversation is getting very convoluted.

Amen sister....Im going to need a flow-chart to this conversation soon

Radix

Quote Originally Posted by Novato View Post
    Hi All:

I must admit to a degree of puzzlement over the results in the Southern portion of the USA regarding the GOP primaries held there. It seems fairly obvious that Mitt Romney will win the eventual nomination, however I find the exit poll results quite fascinating in regard to the 80% of voters who align themselves to EV Christianity.

Since I have been many times in the South, and still remain puzzled by their, seemingly uneducated or uninformed, response to many things, I suppose I should understand the weirdness of their voting trends.
    I realize that I myself am not a god in training, but this Southerner does not appreciate your caricature of me being uneducated and uninformed. Along with a college degree I have 7 years post graduate training. It is not a ***le I thrive on, but just about every day there are several people who call me Dr. Sadly, we "uneducated and uninformed" Southerners were way ahead of the Mormon god when it comes to civil rights. I doubt you would move here, but realize we would welcome you to a much greater degree than you would ever welcome us. I guess us "uneducated and uniformed" folks just don't know any better.

Romney came in third to Santorum & Grinich mostly because of the 80% of EV voters.

To put it bluntly, the Ev’s voted for a Roman Catholic (considered a cult by most EV scholars) or a three time adulterer who suddenly became an EV a few years ago and has been accused by his own party members of corruption (which is why they will not endorse him)
    So? Is the only issue who has the best morals? Jesus said if we think of adultery, it is just as bad as doing it. Wonder if Romney has been deciding who else is going to be his wife "in the kingdom." You and your super god like thinking probably believes Romney has never had a bad thought in his life. As long as Jesus is not running for President, we will never have someone moral enough to earn the position.

For me it clarifies the nonsensical and unbiblical theories of EV Christianity, it is more clearly amplified by the words written by Nephi:
    Sorry, since I am not a god in training, I could care less.

I thank Almighty God that I have been blessed to accept the Truth of His Word, through the Book of Mormon, and through the words therein am able to discern, with the blessing of the Holy Ghost, the deceptions that satan puts forward as “truth or knowledge” to the children of God.
    You forgot to thank God your not an "uneducated or uninformed" Southerner.

To all EV Christians, you are not lost to the Lord of Hosts, you are counted among the sheep. If not in this world, then the next, you will acknowledge the Lord Jesus Christ for who He really is, and fall before Him in adoration of His achievement for all mankind and accept His Gift.

Novato
    Oh gee thanks Novato, I'm just "uneducated and uniformed."

This "uneducated and uninformed" Southerner will never acknowledge the spirit brother of Satan. I guess that is only for you super smart gods in training.
    Last edited by Radix; 03-17-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Russianwolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    Sadly, we "uneducated and uninformed" Southerners were way ahead of the Mormon god when it comes to civil rights.
    Yeah, the only reason you "Southerners" stopped lynching the blacks was because you could be prosecuted and convicted. The lynching of black men was such a problem that Billy Holiday had a song about it called Strange Fruit. Listen to that some time and tell me it doesn't impact you emotionally.

The problem was still so prevalent in the 60s that Dr. King mentioned it in one of his famous speeches.

Yeah, you were ahead of us. When the KKK attempted to recruit Mormons in Utah, they failed completely and totally to establish any branches.

Right!

Marvin

Radix

Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    Yeah, the only reason you "Southerners" stopped lynching the blacks was because you could be prosecuted and convicted. The lynching of black men was such a problem that Billy Holiday had a song about it called Strange Fruit. Listen to that some time and tell me it doesn't impact you emotionally.

The problem was still so prevalent in the 60s that Dr. King mentioned it in one of his famous speeches.

Yeah, you were ahead of us. When the KKK attempted to recruit Mormons in Utah, they failed completely and totally to establish any branches.

Right!

Marvin
    Horrible things did happen here, but to think this was only isolated in the South is only wishful thinking. We Southerners can admit that lynchings were wrong and horrible. While things will never be perfect, in the South we have faced up to it more than most. Our leaders were wrong, how about your's Marvin, were they wrong when they taught black skin was a curse from God? If you cannot admit they were wrong, it shows just how far you need to come.

Horrible things did happen here, but to think this was only isolated in the South is only wishful thinking. We Southerners can admit that lynchings were wrong and horrible. While things will never be perfect, in the South we have faced up to it more than most. Our leaders were wrong, how about your's Marvin, were they wrong when they taught black skin was a curse from God? If you cannot admit they were wrong, it shows just how far you need to come.
    Is that what they did with Emmett Till? Let's see--that was 1955. Do also realize that in the South, more than 50% do not graduate from public high school and most white's still send their kids to private schools. I'm trying to reconcile that with your "facing up" statements.

Okay, so explain to me exactly why someone with all of your education would vote for Santorum. I thought he was a possibility until I looked at his voting record, how he made his money after he lost, how he mismanaged his own money, saw how he didn't manage his own campaign, and until they press started really talking with him and he started saying things like the official language of Peuto Rico should be English. So, explain to me, how someone as educated as you could say, yeah, he's the man.

alanmolstad

.....why someone with all of your education would vote for Santorum. .....
    Right now because of the support that Rick gets from the Republican base conservatives, there is about a 50/50 chance that Mitt will pick him as his VP...

If he does pick Rick what will this mean?

well....
    It will be interesting to watch how all the bile that drips from the mouths of some Mitt supporters at their hearing of Rick's name, will suddenly get sucked back in if Rick ends up standing next to Mitt at the convention......

My own view is that Mitt lost the support of the conservatives with his flip-flops in the past that took away the ability to take his word serious by so many of his own Party.

Mitt does not have an image of being an untrustable flip-flopper with the Dems..
    (The Dems actually like that about Mitt)

It's only within his own party that this issue comes up all the time and never goes away...

Thus Mitt is going to have to place a foundation of trust underneath himself and the Conservatives by picking someone for his VP that time and time again the pro-Life conservatives have shown they prefer over Mitt every time....

Is that what they did with Emmett Till? Let's see--that was 1955. Do also realize that in the South, more than 50% do not graduate from public high school and most white's still send their kids to private schools. I'm trying to reconcile that with your "facing up" statements.

Okay, so explain to me exactly why someone with all of your education would vote for Santorum. I thought he was a possibility until I looked at his voting record, how he made his money after he lost, how he mismanaged his own money, saw how he didn't manage his own campaign, and until they press started really talking with him and he started saying things like the official language of Peuto Rico should be English. So, explain to me, how someone as educated as you could say, yeah, he's the man.
    It wasn't until 1978 that your genius leaders decided that it wasn't good for BYU's football team to keep teaching that blacks were unworthy of the priesthood and that their skin was a sign of a curse by Mormon-god. What happened - Mormon god didn't get the "civil rights" bug on Kolob until 1978, and then decided to change his own nefarious policy?

It wasn't until 1978 that your genius leaders decided that it wasn't good for BYU's football team to keep teaching that blacks were unworthy of the priesthood and that their skin was a sign of a curse by Mormon-god. What happened - Mormon god didn't get the "civil rights" bug on Kolob until 1978, and then decided to change his own nefarious policy?
    There you go again, trying to argue both sides.
    First you guys tell us that the Church was forced to change because of the Civil Rights movement (1955-1968).
    Now you are saying that the Church wasn't influenced by, "the civil rights bug" and didn't change until way latter, (1978)

I don't mind if you criticize me, just be consistent about it.

By the way, God does not live on Kolob... it appears you've been getting your information from Anti-Mormon sites again.

Russianwolfe

Nothing you have said about what I believe is considered doctrine. It was never taught as doctrine so there is nothing to step away from. I have heard of these things being taught but not by any authority and definitely not as doctrine.

Marvin

Your comment just shows your complete lack of understanding of how the policy came regarding blacks, Joseph Smith's own history, or the history since then. My husband is part black and so I know this history very well. Your comment is nothing but negativity and smear.

Look up the history on this. You have a graduate degree. This comment just shows that your understanding of this lacks any real research.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Right now because of the support that Rick gets from the Republican base conservatives, there is about a 50/50 chance that Mitt will pick him as his VP...

If he does pick Rick what will this mean?

well....
    It will be interesting to watch how all the bile that drips from the mouths of some Mitt supporters at their hearing of Rick's name, will suddenly get sucked back in if Rick ends up standing next to Mitt at the convention......

My own view is that Mitt lost the support of the conservatives with his flip-flops in the past that took away the ability to take his word serious by so many of his own Party.

Mitt does not have an image of being an untrustable flip-flopper with the Dems..
    (The Dems actually like that about Mitt)

It's only within his own party that this issue comes up all the time and never goes away...

Thus Mitt is going to have to place a foundation of trust underneath himself and the Conservatives by picking someone for his VP that time and time again the pro-Life conservatives have shown they prefer over Mitt every time....
    See---for me this speaks more to Mitt being an unknown because of his religion. If he was an EV and said that he changed, people wouldn't question it.

So, for me, I just see EV's going for a religion they trust versus looking at a person's real voting record regarding what they say.

Rick said that he went against his core values to vote for the team and yet he is still trusted.

Mitt said he changed his values (around abortion) and voted that way even when in M***. and yet, he is not trusted. How else can you explain that other than people do not trust what they do not know personally?
    Last edited by BigJulie; 03-18-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Radix

Personally, I was not alive when anything happened to Emmett Till. If people do not graduate from High School, that is not my fault. The high school I went too, there was about 35% African American students. My senior cl*** was over 700 students. So in my senior High School cl***, there were probably more black students than there were in most cities in Utah.

My first medical practice I was the only white physician in the group, I had 5 black partners. I was jokingly referred to as the "token white" in the group. Now that I think about it, I probably had more black partners than most Utah cities had black people.

And who said I voted for Santorum? You must have gleaned that with your god in training omniscience. Sorry, your not a god yet, have a long way to go.

Personally, I was not alive when anything happened to Emmett Till. If people do not graduate from High School, that is not my fault. The high school I went too, there was about 35% African American students. My senior cl*** was over 700 students. So in my senior High School cl***, there were probably more black students than there were in most cities in Utah.

My first medical practice I was the only white physician in the group, I had 5 black partners. I was jokingly referred to as the "token white" in the group. Now that I think about it, I probably had more black partners than most Utah cities had black people.

And who said I voted for Santorum? You must have gleaned that with your god in training omniscience. Sorry, your not a god yet, have a long way to go.
    Wait, so--your answer to the question about voting in the deep south was that "I realize that I myself am not a god in training, but this Southerner does not appreciate your caricature of me being uneducated and uninformed."

And now you go on about being schooled in Utah? How do you see yourself as a "Southerner" then? Did you go to medical school in the south and this makes you a "southerner"?

Radix

Wait, so--your answer to the question about voting in the deep south was that "I realize that I myself am not a god in training, but this Southerner does not appreciate your caricature of me being uneducated and uninformed."

And now you go on about being schooled in Utah? How do you see yourself as a "Southerner" then? Did you go to medical school in the south and this makes you a "southerner"?
    I never said anything about living anywhere but the South. Just so you know, there are plenty of good Medical schools in the South. Again, your god in training omniscience continues to be lacking.

Radix

Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    Nothing you have said about what I believe is considered doctrine. It was never taught as doctrine so there is nothing to step away from. I have heard of these things being taught but not by any authority and definitely not as doctrine.

Marvin
    Gee Masta Marvin. Just then why were people of color prevented from going to the White and glorious temple before 1978? Was it doctrine or just plain bigotry?

Radix

Look up the history on this. You have a graduate degree. This comment just shows that your understanding of this lacks any real research.
    Here is some research for you. The actions of banning blacks from the temples before 1978 speaks volumes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJwln...eature=related

It is a brief video, but could easily be much longer.