Thread: Warning for Hindus: Meditation Unhealthy?

Default Warning for Hindus: Meditation Unhealthy?

Is meditation hazardous? Well, it just may be:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/br...washing23.html

I mean it is obvious that forms of meditation which cause oxygen deprivation to the brain are highly questionable, but it extends beyond that!

Libby

I don't know if any of that is true, but someone with questionable mental health may have problems sitting in church listening to a preacher, as well. That doesn't mean the meditation or listening to a preacher caused their mental problems.

Real scientific research shows that meditation is very beneficial for most.

Libby

I should mention, here, that my own health has greatly improved, since I started meditation, again. My blood pressure went way down and has stayed down, consistently. My other tests have also been more positive, since I have been following this spiritual regiment. Not all attributed to meditation, of course, but the whole lifestyle. I am, basically, vegetarian, although, I do still eat chicken and fish, occasionally. I try to have several meatless days, a week, though. I have been practicing hatha yoga, everyday, and, generally, exercising more (walking, mostly). I try to walk two to three miles a day. I've always done that, so that was not a change, but the adding the hath yoga was. All of this has had a very, very beneficial effect on my body.

I told my doctor about the changes and she was very happy about them and told me to keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I should mention, here, that my own health has greatly improved, since I started meditation, again. My blood pressure went way down and has stayed down, consistently. My other tests have also been more positive, since I have been following this spiritual regiment. Not all attributed to meditation, of course, but the whole lifestyle. I am, basically, vegetarian, although, I do still eat chicken and fish, occasionally. I try to have several meatless days, a week, though. I have been practicing hatha yoga, everyday, and, generally, exercising more (walking, mostly). I try to walk two to three miles a day. I've always done that, so that was not a change, but the adding the hath yoga was. All of this has had a very, very beneficial effect on my body.

I told my doctor about the changes and she was very happy about them and told me to keep it up.
    You'd get the same results swimming. I do. And you wouldn't be endangering your soul.

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    You'd get the same results swimming. I do.
    No, I wouldn't. You didn't read the article, did you?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I don't know if any of that is true, but someone with questionable mental health may have problems sitting in church listening to a preacher, as well. That doesn't mean the meditation or listening to a preacher caused their mental problems.

Real scientific research shows that meditation is very beneficial for most.

Best bit of writing I have read in a while,,,,its short, gets to the point, shows the silliness of the other guy's position...and makes everything easy to understand quickly...

Nice ***.

brisbenea

When i clicked on the link it took me somewhere else, i guess the link has been removed. Leaving that aside, i don't know how can a meditation hurt anyone.