Thread: Women Pastors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    johnd

My wife and I locked horn over the imbalance of pay that still exists in the *** market. Her argument (and I used to buy into this) is equal pay for equal work. That a man who supports a family does so by choice, and a woman should not have to "pay" for his choices.

It's a sound argument... until you realize that 90% of men spend 90% of their money on women or their wives and children. So it makes the argument not so sound or sounding more like a librarian should make as much as a doctor...

Most who learned lessons living through the Great Depression are gone now. They knew first hand that life could be cold and wet and hard even to just survive... and generations since then have taken the utopia at***ude that ***umes prosperity is the God-given right to all and it is the minimum standard...

I am very afraid we have a lot to learn. And egalitarianism will be a higher cost than even greed and fraud. There's only so much wealth to spread around, so feigned prosperity comes from cutting it out of something vital somewhere else.

Norrin Radd

Default My own toe-stepping

I used to be a hierarchialist. But, the "problem p***ages" kept nagging me. I considered both the opposing viewpoints, and ultimately landed squarely and firmly in the so-called "Egalitarian" camp -- to the point that I am convicted I should not be a part of a church that does NOT permit women to pastor.

CleoSquare

Don't quite understand where you are coming from here John..... I am of the opinion that two people doing the same *** should get equal money-regardless of sex... Why should a female consultant of medicine get less than her male colleague?

Now, I appreciate that many men support their famillies, but this is usually the case where the wife is the main carer (and worker) at home.

In my own marriage, there have been times when my husband has been the main earner and other times when I have. While the children are young, we have taken the choice for me to be at home more for the children- it is something that we as a team have decided. I know other famillies where the wife is the one who is the main earner, and the husband is the one at home- should the woman earn less than a male colleague in this scenario?

Heart2Heart

Quote Originally Posted by CleoSquare View Post
    Don't quite understand where you are coming from here John..... I am of the opinion that two people doing the same *** should get equal money-regardless of sex... Why should a female consultant of medicine get less than her male colleague?

Now, I appreciate that many men support their famillies, but this is usually the case where the wife is the main carer (and worker) at home.

In my own marriage, there have been times when my husband has been the main earner and other times when I have. While the children are young, we have taken the choice for me to be at home more for the children- it is something that we as a team have decided. I know other famillies where the wife is the one who is the main earner, and the husband is the one at home- should the woman earn less than a male colleague in this scenario?
    It depends. If a husband is more capable of doing better *** than a wife, so be it, he should get paid more. Here is a scenario. Is a wife able to lift a 300-pound man or woman out of a burning building?

CleoSquare

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Heart2Heart View Post
    It depends. If a husband is more capable of doing better *** than a wife, so be it, he should get paid more. Here is a scenario. Is a wife able to lift a 300-pound man or woman out of a burning building?
    I quite agree... where a man can do a better *** than a woman, he should be higher in the scale and paid more. The woman should also be paid more if she is doing a better ***. IMHO, pay should be given for the *** done and how well it is done, not on the basis of sex.

In most cases, women are probably not best suited to being firewomen- however some of the women I see at the Gym, are probably better suited than most men.