Thread: Qigong

Heart2Heart

Default Qigong

I have done Qigong. Now, one of my relatives want to practice Qigong. What is your view of practicing Qigong? Is it a cult or not? Why or why not?
    Last edited by Heart2Heart; 01-26-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Heart2Heart View Post
    I have done Qigong. Now, one of my relatives want to practice Qigong. What is your view of practicing Qigong? Is it a cult or not? Why or why not?
    I do not know much about the practice of Qigong, however in the past, I watched documentaries about the power of "chi" (China). I saw things that was very impressive.

I found this observation on wikipedia.

"Qigong quickly became a social phenomenon of 'considerable importance'; the topic was also explored by novelists and journalists, and qigong newspapers and magazines appeared in abundance to cater for the public's interest in the subject. The original small-group, master-disciple pattern was transformed into a m*** experience, with qigong 'masters' organising 'm*** rallies' to demonstrate to paying customers a range of qigong specific phenomena such as trance, possession, and a variety of otherworldly states...

***ociation of qigong with practices involving spirit possession have added to establishment criticism. Some experts in China have warned against practices involving the claimed evocation of demons, and practices involving the worship of gods during qigong practice.
    "

Trinity

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Heart2Heart View Post
    its fine to be in, as long as you dont get sucked into thinking you dont need to see a doctor anymore because of it...

I recommend a good book by Kenneth S. Cohen - The Way of Qigong: The Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing. A very informative guide to Qigong practice. Many aspects of this culture are described there. And one of the book reviews on has a valid source with the reference lists:
    www.qigongins***ute.org/category/4/getting-started
    https://cheapessaywriter.net/
    Last edited by TerryLewis; 04-19-2019 at 12:27 AM. Reason: resources