Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
See points 1 and 2 as far as Scripture used in my post #21.

3) A) Sin has two consequences and B) good works only have one consequence.

Romans 6.23, for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This verse applies to the spiritual state as it is contrasted to the gift of God.

I'll edit later as I list other scriptures as they apply to my points. I have GMAT study and wife is calling me now.

3Ai--Sin seperates us spiritually from God by virtue of God's holiness.
3Aii--Sin's temporal consequences are felt by others and builds bad character traits.
3Bi--The temporal (positive) consequences of good works is that it builds character and connects us one to another.
3Bii--Good works is not salvaic. Only Christ's sacrifice at Calvary repairs the spiritual relationship to unify us back to God.

Greetings & Blessings.

C., I have already addressed these.
Yes, God is light and He has revealed this light to us in and through His Son.

There are those who either refuse or accept this light, which is Christ.
Those who refuse, will receive "the wages of sin which is death." Those who accept, will receive "the gift of God...," which "is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
So we either accept this light and live to Christ..."For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord...." (Eph.5:8)...or, we reject this light and reap "the wages of sin which is death."
You focus on the first part "the wages of sin is death" which does initially apply to us all, however, if we come to the light and accept this light (Christ), we are no longer under this condemnation. We are Christ's. The second part of this verse applies to believers-those in Christ...it speaks of a "gift", and a promise to us..."but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Rom.6:23)

Again, if we are Christ's, we live and die to Him. When we die, we immediately go to be with Him...where He is. "...whether we wake (we are alive to) or sleep, (we die to) we should live together with Him." (IThes.5:10) "We are confident, yes well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord." (2Cor.5:8)

So, being Christ's we are "sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise who is the guarantee of our inheritence...." (Eph.1:13,14)

***Now, why would God subject one who is His, and is indwelt and sealed with His Holy Spirit to "suffer" apart from Him "somewhere" and in some "state"? Are we not one with Christ? Is Christ divided?***

"For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lords." (Rom.14:8)

"For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's." (Rom.14:7,8)

Blessings...Dmarie