Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
I wonder why you don't answer "God the Father does not have a body of flesh and bones, God the Son has a resurrected body."

Could it be because it complicates your explanation?
I'm sorry that Mormons have such an inadequate grasp on sound Biblical doctrine. It leads them to the ludicrous conclusion that God has a physical Body. That is incredibly naive and childish. Like something some Hindu would believe (and they do).

The Bible clearly says God is Spirit. But, as ususal, Mormons reject that and pretend that that's fine, because that just means he has a spirit. You twist God's Word to support the infantile, irrational idea that God has a physical body. This is simply pagan - and Mormonism has much in common with pagansim. In fact, it has restored it one might say. Plainly childish.

I'm not going into a long teaching on the bible's teaching that God is Spirit. Here is an article if anybody cares:

http://bible.org/seriespage/god-spirit

I will say one thing, however. God the Word took on the additional NATURE of humanity in the Person of Jesus Christ. In Christ the Nature of God and the Nature of Man were joined together in One Person. This is called the hypostatic union. The physical nature of Christ is not God, He is only God in His divine nature. However, His physical body is glorified, and our bodies will be made like unto His own glorious body in the resurrection. In other words, study the hypostatic union.

So, the ignorance of those who attack Christians who believe God is Spirit, as the bible doubtless teaches, is rooted in a pagan and diminished understanding of God. The Mormon "god" is an inferior god, limited by time and space, and is a contingent, dependent creature. Mormon-god saves nobody!