Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: God as Spirit or flesh and bone

Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Of course.

The Book of Mormon says God is Spirit: Alma 18:26-28, Alma 22:8-11

While the D&C 130:22 says yes: "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as a man's; the Son also...".

But D&C 38:1-7 says that Jesus is invisible: "I am in your midst and ye cannot see me."

While D&C Section 130:22 insists God has a body.

LoF says that the Godhead consists of both.. two personages, God the Father and God the Son, "the Father being a personage of spirit...[and] the Son,... a personage of tabernacle... and is called the Son because of the flesh..." The Son possesses "the same mind with the Father, which mind is the Holy Spirit... and these three cons***ute the Godhead, and are one..."

Alma 18:26-28 says God is a Great Spirit, confirming John 4:24 ("God is Spirit").

Apostle Bruce R. McConkie claims John 4:24 is mistranslated (Mormon Doctrine, "God As A Spirit"). Joseph Smith even omits that p***age from his "Inspired Version" of the Bible, perhaps for that same reason, perhaps not, but never mind that neither Smith nor McConkie seem to notice that Alma 18:26-28 (supposedly a Divinely inspired work) has the same translation as John 4:24, the alleged "mistranslated" and therefore "uninspired" work.

This is explained by Mormons by saying of course God is Spirit, we all are spirit because we have a spirit and so does God. But, the LoF p***age clearly points out the difference between the Father and the Son in that the Son is a "personage of tabernacle" and "of the flesh" while the Father is a "personage of Spirit."

Confused? You should be.

The problem is plain here; Once you tell a lie you have to keep telling lies, and eventually the truth catches up with you.
    Bump for DBerrie

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Perhaps I did not make it clear...

The Bible tells us that for our salvation, the Word became flesh...
    The Word never stopped being fully God.
    But so that man might forgiven the Word became flesh, and died.

So the nature of God did not change, for the Bible tells us that God changes not.
    But the Word also took on himself the additional nature of mankind too.

Thus in the person of Christ we find both the nature of God (spirit) and the nature of man (flesh)

Two natures in the one person.
    Fully God almighty, and fully man.

So The Son is fully God in the same way that the father and the Spirit are God, and that did not change.,
    But unlike the Father or the Spirit the Son became man,,,,,,a spirit wrapped in flesh.

any questions?_________
    I really like my answer here.
    I believe it really addressed the very core of the doubt that some non-Christians might have about the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Then quit reading your posts. They are full of them.

More snot-nosed snark.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    According to WHO? YOU? YOU seem to have little or NO understanding of scripture at all. SO WHO ARE YOU to say the Bible is not in Apologette's forte? She CLEARLY knows more of the Bible than you do imho.
    Then perhaps you could give us some examples of Apologette using the Biblical scriptures?

James 2:24---New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    The FATHER has no flesh nor bones. HIS SON JESUS TOOK ON the physical body.
    John 4:24

[COLOR=#b22222]24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
    Then those who worship Him are spirit also.

So--does God have a body of flesh and bones? You do believe there is only one God?

Luke 24:39--King James Version (KJV)
    39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

alanmolstad

God does not have a body of flesh and bones.

Jesus is both God and man.

The human nature of Jesus has a body of flesh and bone
    The divine nature of Jesus does not have a body of flesh and bone.

two natures in the one person......Amen!

dberrie2000

God does not have a body of flesh and bones.
    Then, IMO--that is an admission you don't believe Jesus is God:

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Then, IMO-.......
    ???

when have I ever asked for your opinion?

I really don't care what you believe.

It's like they say, "You can lead a horse to water.......but......"

the only thing Im actually obligated to do on your behalf is to be ready always to give to you an answer, the reason for the hope I have in Christ.

Im not obligated to force you to believe...

Im just telling you the only correct answer....

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    When Jesus voluntarily lowered himself to become like one of us wouldn't that include Jesus following God the Father like we are asked to do?
    This is the correct answer...

alanmolstad

Then, IMO--that is an admission you don't believe Jesus is God:

Jesus is both God and man...

Thus while I can say the God does not have a body of flesh, I can yet say that Jesus has a body of flesh, yet is also God.

For the nature of God did not change in Jesus, but with the nature of God Jesus also has the nature of man...

alanmolstad

Is not Jesus God also? How can God have a body of flesh and bones--and be a Spirit only--without a body of flesh and bones?
    The answer is that Jesus is fully "man"....
    So in his human nature Jesus has a body of flesh.

God the Father does not have a human nature like Jesus has.

This means that God the father is equal to God the son in his divine nature....but that Jesus has a 2nd nature that the Father does not have.
    And it is only because Jesus has this 2nd human nature that Jesus also has a body of flesh.

alanmolstad

so to review:

God does not have a body.
    God is not a man

Jesus is both God and Man
    Jesus has a body

any questions?

You have God having both a Spirit and a physical body. Is that true?

Aren't the Father and Son the same God?

So WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL BODY of the HOLY SPIRIT? Oh, HE IS GOD, but HE HAS NO FLESH OR BONES??? Consistent? Naaah. the berry has no explanation that fits Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc.

"so to review:

God does not have a body.
    God is not a man

Jesus is both God and Man
    Jesus has a body

any questions?"

I just came in to find the same arguments going round and round

....and to see the "christians" are still adamantly arguing how God the Father and Jesus are different and not the same.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

In their nature as God, the Father and the Son are equal

But with the nature of God we read the the Son also took the nature of man to himself.
    Thus he never stopped being equal to God, but he also has a 2nd nature being equal to us humans.

So the Son is both God almighty and man...

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    "christians" are still adamantly arguing how God the Father and Jesus are different and not the same.

The church teaches that Jesus is not the father, nor the spirit, but the father the son and the spirit are the one true God.

The son has a 2nd nature of a man in addition to being fully God..

The father does not have this 2nd nature...nor does the spirit.

"In their nature as God, the Father and the Son are equal

But with the nature of God we read the the Son also took the nature of man to himself.
    Thus he never stopped being equal to God, but he also has a 2nd nature being equal to us humans.

So the Son is both God almighty and man..."
    Have you ever heard that a "but" negates any statement beforehand?

So yes, I get that you believe that God the Father and Christ are "equal" but not the same. You made my point.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

a while ago we had to switch companies that host this site, and in the change over I see that a few things are different.
    I cant really post a quote of another member like I see we used to....and the censer is set very high to stop cussing, but it makes a bit hard to post words that have letters in that that trip the blocker setting.

I will see what can be done to fix that.

alanmolstad

The son and the father are equal in that they are the one true God.

But the son also has a 2nd nature being human...

So all that the father is, the son is....and thus equal..
    But the father is greater than the son too, in that the son is human...100% human, and as such the son worships the father as his God..

Let me know if I have made this unclear...?

"The son and the father are equal in that they are the one true God.

But the son also has a 2nd nature being human...

So all that the father is, the son is....and thus equal..
    But the father is greater than the son too, in that the son is human...100% human, and as such the son worships the father as his God..

Let me know if I have made this unclear...?"

Yes, so you keep saying...but..they are not the same. I get it.. you keep stating this over and over again. I do not disagree with the fact that you see them differently. You have made yourself very clear.

alanmolstad

We really need to fix the quote thingy

alanmolstad

so when talking about their divinity, the father and the son are the same....both are the One true God.

Totally equal in all ways....for they are equal in their nature, and there nature is the one God.

alanmolstad

so this is why Jesus could say,
    "For I and my Father are One and the same!"

(See at 2:25 of video)

So, which is is''that there nature is the same..or they are different...

now you are contradicting yourself.

You said:

[COLOR="#0000FF"]"The father does not have this 2nd nature...nor the son has a 2nd nature of a man in addition to being fully God..
    does the spirit."

and

"Totally equal in all ways"
    [/COLOR]

Which is it?

(I put in the quote html codes--but let's see if they work.)--just changed the color as the quote stuff is not working for some reason---well just found out, none of the icons are working for me. Strange.
    Last edited by BigJulie; 04-15-2018 at 03:05 PM.

testtesttest
    test test test test

some stuff is working I guess.