Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: God as Spirit or flesh and bone

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Children under the age of 8 do not need baptism, if they die before that age.
    Do children under 8 years old sin?

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Pretty sure the ones under 8 DAYS old don't sin, so that's all we need to know in order to conclude that it's wrong to say that "all have sinned" includes them.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Pretty sure the ones under 8 DAYS old don't sin, so that's all we need to know in order to conclude that it's wrong to say that "all have sinned" includes them.
    But what about the question that I actually asked you?

alanmolstad

Pretty sure the ones under 8 DAYS old don't sin, .
    Got a verse that teaches this?, or is it just your own idea you made up?

nrajeffreturns

But what about the question that I actually asked you?

Either it's wrong to say that "all have sinned" includes all infants and fetuses, or it's right to say it. That's the bottom line.

Which side are you on regarding this issue?

Billyray

Either it's wrong to say that "all have sinned" includes all infants and fetuses, or it's right to say it. That's the bottom line.

Which side are you on regarding this issue?
    Why are you dodging my question?

alanmolstad

Why are you dodging my question?

They sin.....but God is just and judges them accordingly...overlooking the sins of they who know not what they do.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    They sin.....but God is just and judges them accordingly...overlooking the sins of they who know not what they do.
    Do you really believe that God "overlooks" sin, any sin? All it cost to bring those who don't understand the difference between right and wrong is the blood of our dear Lord Jesus. I wouldn't call that "overlooking" their sin.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

yes there is a bible verse that talks about god overlooking sins

Proof that these debates just go round and round---same stuff, over and over again.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Proof that these debates just go round and round---same stuff, over and over again.
    When someone (A criminal) comments the same crime over and over again do they not get the same lecture from the police and the judge? Of course! Have you given up the crime of worshiping three different Gods? As long as you haven;t the questions as to why not and the lectures on why it is wrong will continue.. IHS jim

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Pretty much. And, no one's mind ever seems to change, which is kind of like the the definition of "insane"....we keep doing the same thing, expecting a different outcome. Crazy.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Pretty much. And, no one's mind ever seems to change, which is kind of like the the definition of "insane"....we keep doing the same thing, expecting a different outcome. Crazy.
    What we say here are seeds.. A few will fall on fertile soil and grow.. Others will fall on hard soil and the feet of men will grind them into powder.. I will continue to scatter the seeds and allow God to bring the increase.. IHS jim

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    DBerrie2000 said: "even when Jesus Christ is added in the same sentence:"

St John17:3--"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

The question is WHY is Jesus Christ even added to the same sentence? Because eternal life is dependent on what? By knowing the only true God and... who else? Why parallel the two?
    1 John 5:20 "And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Sorry, JD, but that dog just ain't gonna hunt. One cannot state that there are different persons as God, and ***ign them two different substances--one a physical body,(God the Son) and the other without a physical body(God the Father) and then state it is the same substance.

Unless you want to establish the fact, that as God, where they all combine--- there is only one--that they are of the same substance. In that case--is it a Spirit and a physical Body--or just a Spirit?

Bump for anyone.

alanmolstad

The humanity of Christ has a body.....the divinity that he shares with the Father and the Spirit is pure Spirit.

Jesus has two full and complete natures....the father only has one, as does the Holy Spirit.

dberrie2000

Jesus has two full and complete natures....the father only has one, as does the Holy Spirit.
    Interesting.

So--does God have two natures--or one?

alanmolstad

Perhaps I did not make it clear...

The Bible tells us that for our salvation, the Word became flesh...
    The Word never stopped being fully God.
    But so that man might forgiven the Word became flesh, and died.

So the nature of God did not change, for the Bible tells us that God changes not.
    But the Word also took on himself the additional nature of mankind too.

Thus in the person of Christ we find both the nature of God (spirit) and the nature of man (flesh)

Two natures in the one person.
    Fully God almighty, and fully man.

So The Son is fully God in the same way that the father and the Spirit are God, and that did not change.,
    But unlike the Father or the Spirit the Son became man,,,,,,a spirit wrapped in flesh.

any questions?_________

dberrie2000

Perhaps I did not make it clear...

The Bible tells us that for our salvation, the Word became flesh...
    The Word never stopped being fully God.
    But so that man might forgiven the Word became flesh, and died.

So the nature of God did not change, for the Bible tells us that God changes not.
    But the Word also took on himself the additional nature of mankind too.

Thus in the person of Christ we find both the nature of God (spirit) and the nature of man (flesh)

Two natures in the one person.
    Fully God almighty, and fully man.

So The Son is fully God in the same way that the father and the Spirit are God, and that did not change.,
    But unlike the Father or the Spirit the Son became man,,,,,,a spirit wrapped in flesh.
    How can the Son be unlike the Father--if they are the same God? Are you claiming that God is unlike Himself? IOW--if God the Son has a resurrected body of flesh and bones--and the Father does not--then how can they be the same God?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    I wonder why you don't answer "God the Father does not have a body of flesh and bones, God the Son has a resurrected body."

Could it be because it complicates your explanation?
    an odd question to ask.

First off, God never has a body of flesh and bones, or flesh and blood, or flesh and french fries etc.
    God is spirit and is always spirit.,

But so that Jesus could die, Jesus was born with a 2nd nature too.

Jesus did not stop being God/Jesus did not stop being pure Spirit.
    But Jesus also has a 2nd nature as a fully human man.

And it is because of this 2nd nature that Jesus has a body.

The father never had a 2nd nature, nor the Holy Spirit, .....so no bodies too

dberrie2000

an odd question to ask.

First off, God never has a body of flesh and bones, or flesh and blood, or flesh and french fries etc.
    Then you don't believe Jesus Christ is God?

Luke 24:39--King James Version (KJV)
    39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

alanmolstad

Then you don't believe Jesus Christ is God?

.[/B]
    I believe I have stated very clearly on many topics here that Jesus is God Almighty....the one and only God there is.

You can check but I think I have made that point very clear.......over and over...........and over some more....

dberrie2000

I believe I have stated very clearly on many topics here that Jesus is God Almighty....the one and only God there is.
    Then you might want to collate that with your previous statements:

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post an odd question to ask.

Luke 24:39--King James Version (KJV)
    39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Berean

Quote:

I thought this might be a good question for the forum to discuss. Any comments?
    Of course.

The Book of Mormon says God is Spirit: Alma 18:26-28, Alma 22:8-11

While the D&C 130:22 says yes: "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as a man's; the Son also...".

But D&C 38:1-7 says that Jesus is invisible: "I am in your midst and ye cannot see me."

While D&C Section 130:22 insists God has a body.

LoF says that the Godhead consists of both.. two personages, God the Father and God the Son, "the Father being a personage of spirit...[and] the Son,... a personage of tabernacle... and is called the Son because of the flesh..." The Son possesses "the same mind with the Father, which mind is the Holy Spirit... and these three cons***ute the Godhead, and are one..."

Alma 18:26-28 says God is a Great Spirit, confirming John 4:24 ("God is Spirit").

Apostle Bruce R. McConkie claims John 4:24 is mistranslated (Mormon Doctrine, "God As A Spirit"). Joseph Smith even omits that p***age from his "Inspired Version" of the Bible, perhaps for that same reason, perhaps not, but never mind that neither Smith nor McConkie seem to notice that Alma 18:26-28 (supposedly a Divinely inspired work) has the same translation as John 4:24, the alleged "mistranslated" and therefore "uninspired" work.

This is explained by Mormons by saying of course God is Spirit, we all are spirit because we have a spirit and so does God. But, the LoF p***age clearly points out the difference between the Father and the Son in that the Son is a "personage of tabernacle" and "of the flesh" while the Father is a "personage of Spirit."

Confused? You should be.

The problem is plain here; Once you tell a lie you have to keep telling lies, and eventually the truth catches up with you.

Quote:

I thought this might be a good question for the forum to discuss. Any comments?
    The FATHER has no flesh nor bones. HIS SON JESUS TOOK ON the physical body.
    John 4:24

24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
    NKJV

And Jesus said:

Luke 24:39
    39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
    NKJV

For CHRISTIANS that is pretty much the END of the discussion.
    The Father is Spirit
    Spirits do not have flesh and bones.

Sorry, but you cannot make the God of the Bible into a mere man (even if you call it an 'exalted' man). God is NOT a man. nor the son of a man.

Num 23:19
    19 "God is not a man, that He should lie,
    Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
    NKJV

Now will you want to disagree with GOD about it?

The fact of the matter is, Apologette--you have delved in precious little Biblical verse discussion. Anyone who have read your post knows that you mine in the dirt shafts--and the Bible is not in your forte. That is a fact.

According to WHO? YOU? YOU seem to have little or NO understanding of scripture at all. SO WHO ARE YOU to say the Bible is not in Apologette's forte? She CLEARLY knows more of the Bible than you do imho.