Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: God as Spirit or flesh and bone

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    And don't forget that Talmadge quote is over 75 years old. He didn't have the benefit of all the research and discovery that has gone on since he wrote those words. Even Nibley said he could not be held accountable for anything he said or wrote over 10 years before.

Marvin
    So much for having confidence in your inspired leaders.

Russianwolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    He died in 1933. He belongs to a past era and his writings reflect the learning and wisdom of that time. We have learned a lot more in the 79 years since his death. I would hope that we would apply that learning to our faith. We don't think that God stopped talking 2,000 years ago, like you do.

Marvin

Billyray

He died in 1933.
    Joseph died well before that is his stuff still considered accurate?

Russianwolfe

Joseph died well before that is his stuff still considered accurate?
    No, as far as his personal opinions and learning of the day.

But the revelations he received and the scriptures that he wrote, yes, absolutely.

Marvin

James Banta

He died in 1933. He belongs to a past era and his writings reflect the learning and wisdom of that time. We have learned a lot more in the 79 years since his death. I would hope that we would apply that learning to our faith. We don't think that God stopped talking 2,000 years ago, like you do.

Marvin
    God didn't know all things 79 years ago? Or is it that prophets weren't real prophets 79 years ago? OR MAYBE, like today, LDS prophets rely only on themselves and not on revelations from God... IHS jim

akaSeerone

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    God didn't know all things 79 years ago? Or is it that prophets weren't real prophets 79 years ago? OR MAYBE, like today, LDS prophets rely only on themselves and not on revelations from God... IHS jim
    I find it very telling how the Mormons here pretend to know what Christianity teaches while there is nothing whatsoever Christian about Mormonism, yet they falsely try to pawn themselves of as being more Christian than what we Holy and True Christians actually are.

What makes them think they can get away with proclaiming themselves to be the true Christians and us Holy Christians the false ones when we have proven Mormonism to be false and Smith a false prophet over and over and over almost since the day Smith vomited out his unholy "religion?"

I mean, after all, we are the ones that line up with God's one and only Standard, the Bible, while they add to the Bible, twist Scripture and take it out of context beyond recognition and then hopelessly try to use it against us and proving to everyone just how Satanic Mormonism is and how false of a religion Mormonism is while pretending all the while that Smith was a Prophet of God rather than acknowledging that he has been proven beyond any doubt whatsoever to be a false prophet and lying con man that only pretended to hear from God making me think, because of how far from the truth he was, that he most likely didn't even believe in God.

After all, who in their right mind would stick their neck out like Smith did pretending he was visited by God and making God the Father/God the Son/God the Holy Spirit (The Triune God) a liar, knowing good and well that God would surely punish him greatly for lying about everything he lied about if he actually believed in God?

But, then again, all of us here know that Smith lied and conned so much, he must have believed his own cons and lies, deceiving himself and causing his sanity to be extremely questionable.

Say Hi to the Mrs. for me and my wife,

Your Brother in Christ Jesus,

Brother Andrew

James Banta

[akaSeerone;132385]I find it very telling how the Mormons here pretend to know what Christianity teaches while there is nothing whatsoever Christian about Mormonism, yet they falsely try to pawn themselves of as being more Christian than what we Holy and True Christians actually are.
    You are as always correct.. We must add that the ONLY reason we are Holy and true is because Jesus is Holy and true and He imputes His righteousness on us because of our faith in Him and not because we are better that others..

What makes them think they can get away with proclaiming themselves to be the true Christians and us Holy Christians the false ones when we have proven Mormonism to be false and Smith a false prophet over and over and over almost since the day Smith vomited out his unholy "religion?"

I mean, after all, we are the ones that line up with God's one and only Standard, the Bible, while they add to the Bible, twist Scripture and take it out of context beyond recognition and then hopelessly try to use it against us and proving to everyone just how Satanic Mormonism is and how false of a religion Mormonism is while pretending all the while that Smith was a Prophet of God rather than acknowledging that he has been proven beyond any doubt whatsoever to be a false prophet and lying con man that only pretended to hear from God making me think, because of how far from the truth he was, that he most likely didn't even believe in God.

After all, who in their right mind would stick their neck out like Smith did pretending he was visited by God and making God the Father/God the Son/God the Holy Spirit (The Triune God) a liar, knowing good and well that God would surely punish him greatly for lying about everything he lied about if he actually believed in God?

But, then again, all of us here know that Smith lied and conned so much, he must have believed his own cons and lies, deceiving himself and causing his sanity to be extremely questionable.
    And except for the grace of God we would be like them or be completely Godless as is most of the people of the world..

Say Hi to the Mrs. for me and my wife,

Your Brother in Christ Jesus,

Brother Andrew
    Just did, you remain in our prayers and our hearts.. IHS jim

akaSeerone

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    You are as always correct.. We must add that the ONLY reason we are Holy and true is because Jesus is Holy and true and He imputes His righteousness on us because of our faith in Him and not because we are better that others..
    Amen to that.

And the writer of Hebrews agrees with what we are saying:

Hebrews 10

5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world,(J) he said:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
    but a body you prepared for me;(K)
    6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
    you were not pleased.
    7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll(L)—
    I have come to do your will, my God.’”[a](M)

8 First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”(N)—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.”(O)

He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy(P) through the sacrifice of the body(Q) of Jesus Christ once for all.(R)

11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices,(S) which can never take away sins.(T) 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins,(U) he sat down at the right hand of God,(V) 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool.(W)

14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect(X) forever those who are being made holy.(Y)

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies(Z) to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
    after that time, says the Lord.
    I will put my laws in their hearts,
    and I will write them on their minds.”[b](AA)

17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
    I will remember no more.”[c](AB)

18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

Not only does this teach us that we are made Holy through Jesus Christ, it also refutes a number of other things that Mormonism teaches. Amen

Brother Andrew

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    And don't forget that Talmadge quote is over 75 years old. He didn't have the benefit of all the research and discovery that has gone on since he wrote those words. Even Nibley said he could not be held accountable for anything he said or wrote over 10 years before.
    So--would you apply that same reasoning to Jesus? :

St Mark4:31--"It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:"

Billyray

DB did you get banned again on CARM?

What did you do this time?

dberrie2000

Yes. I get banned about every 4-5 days. 7 days this time.

The same thing I do here--present Biblical arguments that dispels any truth to the faith alone theology.

CARM won't allow any LDS to do that. Jill tolerates it here.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Yes. I get banned about every 4-5 days. 7 days this time.

The same thing I do here--present Biblical arguments that dispels any truth to the faith alone theology.

CARM won't allow any LDS to do that. Jill tolerates it here.

I have yet to see one Biblical argument you put forth here about any subject that is peculiarly LDS.. NOT One.. Not three degrees of glory, not three separate Gods, not a man being a god in embryo. Nothing you have said about priesthood, it's purpose or who may hold it is Biblical. Nothing about the nature of God nor His origin is Biblical.. You just haven't shown much of anything about mormonism that is Biblical.. IHS jim

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    So you are telling me that you didn't break a rule?

Change of subject here? A question meant to derail??
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Change of subject here? A question meant to derail??
    He is a rule breaker. I was wondering which rule he broke this time.

Libby

He is a rule breaker. I was wondering which rule he broke this time.
    I don't see dberrie as a "rule breaker". CARM is very biased against LDS, so it doesn't surprise me that they get banned often, for next to nothing. I've even been banned from there a couple of times....the only board of the many boards I post on, from which I have ever been banned.

I know that you have been banned from this board, at least, once, Billyray. Are you a "rule breaker", as well?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I don't see dberrie as a "rule breaker". CARM is very biased against LDS, so it doesn't surprise me that they get banned often, for next to nothing.
    So you believe that he was banned without breaking a rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I don't see dberrie as a "rule breaker". CARM is very biased against LDS, so it doesn't surprise me that they get banned often, for next to nothing. I've even been banned from there a couple of times....the only board of the many boards I post on, from which I have ever been banned.

I know that you have been banned from this board, at least, once, Billyray. Are you a "rule breaker", as well?
    Libby, CARM is toxic that way. If you want to see what true oppression looks like---look how Mormons are treated at CARM.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Billyray

Libby, CARM is toxic that way. If you want to see what true oppression looks like---look how Mormons are treated at CARM.
    BigJ why don't you post on Carm? Perhaps you might awaken from your slumber.

BTW what do you think about the temple recordings?

I told you and Libby that as Mitt gets closer to becomming the president that Mormonism will get more and more exposed to what it really teaches--which of course is a good thing.

BigJ why don't you post on Carm? Perhaps you might awaken from your slumber.

BTW what do you think about the temple recordings?

I told you and Libby that as Mitt gets closer to becomming the president that Mormonism will get more and more exposed to what it really teaches--which of course is a good thing.
    I have---decided it was an oppressive and toxic place.

I don't have any problem with more people learning about Mormonism. Many have an open mind.

Billyray

I don't have any problem with more people learning about Mormonism. Many have an open mind.
    So putting videos of the temple ceremony is a good thing in your opinion since it helps people learn more about Mormonism?

So putting videos of the temple ceremony is a good thing in your opinion since it helps people learn more about Mormonism?
    Billyray---and honest dialogue is fine. What you do here is something else.

Billyray

Billyray---and honest dialogue is fine. What you do here is something else.
    So you have no problem having an open and honest dialogue about the temple ceremony?

So you have no problem having an open and honest dialogue about the temple ceremony?
    It is not honest to trample the sacred teachings of others beliefs. As God says "the milk before the meat."

Billyray

It is not honest to trample the sacred teachings of others beliefs. As God says "the milk before the meat."
    I thought you just said "honest dialogue is fine". Are you backtracking on that one now?