Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: God as Spirit or flesh and bone

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    I thought you just said "honest dialogue is fine". Are you backtracking on that one now?
    It is fine. It is dishonest to trample the sacred beliefs of others.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    It is fine. It is dishonest to trample the sacred beliefs of others.
    We talk about the Bible ceremony which is sacred. Are you open to talk about the secret LDS ceremony?

We talk about the Bible ceremony which is sacred. Are you open to talk about the secret LDS ceremony?
    You don't even know the Bible ceremony. Tell me the exact words the Levites used when sacrificing a lamb?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    You don't even know the Bible ceremony. Tell me the exact words the Levites used when sacrificing a lamb?
    Since we can talk about the Bible temple ceremony which is sacred can we talk about the LDS ceremony?

Since we can talk about the Bible temple ceremony which is sacred can we talk about the LDS ceremony?
    The Bible ceremony is no longer used. When we stop using the LDS ceremony--you are welcome to discuss it all you like.

But as noted, you don't even know the wording of the Bible ceremonies.

MacG

[QUOTE=dberrie2000;128405]Whoa, hossy. You likened the Trinity to water in steam, ice, and liquid. I stated ok, but not at the same time." [QUOTE]

The triple point of water is three simultaenous forms of the same substance.

Just sayin it can happen to the substances in the world He created why would not something similar be true of Him?

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Sorry, JD, but that dog just ain't gonna hunt. One cannot state that there are different persons as God, and ***ign them two different substances--one a physical body,(God the Son) and the other without a physical body(God the Father) and then state it is the same substance.

Unless you want to establish the fact, that as God, where they all combine--- there is only one--that they are of the same substance. In that case--is it a Spirit and a physical Body--or just a Spirit?

Christ not only "added" a body--He still has it. That means that Christ has a physical body and a Spirit--and God the Father has a Spirit only.

Does God have a physical body?
    If God is Spirit why do you state the Father HAS a spirit?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Sorry, JD, but that dog just ain't gonna hunt. One cannot state that there are different persons as God, and ***ign them two different substances--one a physical body,(God the Son) and the other without a physical body(God the Father) and then state it is the same substance.

Unless you want to establish the fact, that as God, where they all combine--- there is only one--that they are of the same substance. In that case--is it a Spirit and a physical Body--or just a Spirit?

Christ not only "added" a body--He still has it. That means that Christ has a physical body and a Spirit--and God the Father has a Spirit only.

Does God have a physical body?

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    If God is Spirit why do you state the Father HAS a spirit?

Haggling with the term "has" is not going to solve the Trinitarian problem of ***igning different substances to a God they describe as a "****ousious" God.

Either God has, is, possesses---you choose the word you like---a body and a Spirit or He does not.

Taking Christ and stating that He has a Body of flesh and bones--and God the Father does not cannot amount to a ****ousious God.

If it does--can you explain how?

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I don't see dberrie as a "rule breaker". CARM is very biased against LDS, so it doesn't surprise me that they get banned often, for next to nothing. I've even been banned from there a couple of times....the only board of the many boards I post on, from which I have ever been banned.

I know that you have been banned from this board, at least, once, Billyray. Are you a "rule breaker", as well?
    Thanks for the confidence, Libby. Billyray did no better there chasing me than he does here. CARM bans whomever they want to--they make their rules up as they go along.

dberrie2000

[QUOTE=dberrie2000;128405]Whoa, hossy. You likened the Trinity to water in steam, ice, and liquid. I stated ok, but not at the same time." [QUOTE]

The triple point of water is three simultaenous forms of the same substance.

Just sayin it can happen to the substances in the world He created why would not something similar be true of Him?

Again--but not at the same time. The Bible, for instance, has God the Father and Jesus Christ at the same location at the same time, such as Matthew17.

MacG

[QUOTE=dberrie2000;133063][QUOTE=dberrie2000;128405]Whoa, hossy. You likened the Trinity to water in steam, ice, and liquid. I stated ok, but not at the same time."

Again--but not at the same time. The Bible, for instance, has God the Father and Jesus Christ at the same location at the same time, such as Matthew17.
    That is the meaning of simultaenous as demonstrated in the triple point...unless of course I have been misinformed.

Gas–liquid–solid triple pointMain article: Water (molecule)#Triple point
    A typical phase diagram. The dotted green line gives the anomalous behaviour of waterThe single combination of pressure and temperature at which liquid water, solid ice, and water vapour can coexist in a stable equilibrium occurs at exactly 273.16 K (0.01 °C) and a partial vapour pressure of 611.73 pascals (ca. 6.1173 millibars, 0.0060373

The baptism has all three there at the same time.
    Last edited by MacG; 07-18-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: added info

Billyray

CARM bans whomever they want to--they make their rules up as they go along.
    Weren't you breaking a rule by not linking back to original posts especially after you were told to do so by another poster?

dberrie2000

Weren't you breaking a rule by not linking back to original posts especially after you were told to do so by another poster?
    I received no information to the such from a moderator.

As Knox showed--Alexandra did not link to the reference she had with her posts, if that is the poster you refer to who complained.

The forum is quite loose when it comes to such things. Things get stirred up when the faith alone discovered that I could not be put down. They vented in any way they could find--even if it meant they were proven hypocrites in doing so.

dberrie2000

[QUOTE=MacG;133140][QUOTE=dberrie2000;133063]
    Whoa, hossy. You likened the Trinity to water in steam, ice, and liquid. I stated ok, but not at the same time."

That is the meaning of simultaenous as demonstrated in the triple point...unless of course I have been misinformed.

The baptism has all three there at the same time.
    Which means that the water, steam, and ice is not a good ****ogy. They are not the same substance in all three states at the same time--it can only be one of the three, at the same time.

A "****ousious" God is just that--same substance.

Not friendly to Trinitarian doctrines.

MacG

Haggling with the term "has" is not going to solve the Trinitarian problem of ***igning different substances to a God they describe as a "****ousious" God.

Either God has, is, possesses---you choose the word you like---a body and a Spirit or He does not.

Taking Christ and stating that He has a Body of flesh and bones--and God the Father does not cannot amount to a ****ousious God.

Haggling? It is a discinction with a diference. You theology says that the Father has a body and a spirit. Ours says the Father is Spirit.

Paul exorcised a spirit that was following for calimg Jesus was A way. Was he haggling?

dberrie2000

You theology says that the Father has a body and a spirit. Ours says the Father is Spirit.

And this is the problem with the Trinitarian theology--if God the Father does not have a body--and Jesus Christ has a body--could you explain the "****ousious" God?

You do realize that "****ousious" means same substance--right?

How can God be the same substance and be made up of different substances such as the Father and Son are in the Trinitarian theology?

MacG

[QUOTE=dberrie2000;133144][QUOTE=MacG;133140]

Which means that the water, steam, and ice is not a good ****ogy. They are not the same substance in all three states at the same time--it can only be one of the three, at the same time.

See I learn something new everyday. I always thought that steam, water and ice were all the substance H2O. Now that I have learned what they are not, what they made of?

Billyray

I received no information to the such from a moderator.
    But you have received this information in the past from a moderator. Yet you persist ? Why?

MacG

And this is the problem with the Trinitarian theology--if God the Father does not have a body--and Jesus Christ has a body--could you explain the "****ousious" God?

You do realize that "****ousious" means same substance--right?

How can God be the same substance and be made up of different substances such as the Father and Son are in the Trinitarian theology?
    The paradigm of the TCJCLDS theology is what is constraining any possibility of understanding this. While not an exact picture, the three simultaneous forms of one substance ought to give you a glimmer of how this can be. The substance of God, and I am going out on a limb here, is probably more complex than H2O.

I cannot break it down any more than is explained in the New Testament and the BoM. There is one God, the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. The New Testament tells us this one God has conversations within itself. The Father sends the Son and the Holy Spirit descends as a dove from the heavens while the Father speaks of His Son. It tells us that before the Son was found in the form of a man that He was equal with God (in more than one place by different writers). Wheras in the Old Testament God tells us in no uncertain terms that He has no equal. All three are represented as God and all three exhibit qualities that we would recognize as personhood, namley emotion but not to rule out interactive intelligence yet there is one God. I am comfortable at this point to say that the God that can resurrect billions of bodies dead for thousands of years (that's a lot of atoms) is more complex than the universe and is more complex than I can comprehend so I am content to apprehend the concept without being able to see completely through the smoked gl***.

If the Father God is the only one with whom we have to deal why is your Church dedicated to another glorified human God?

dberrie2000

See I learn something new everyday. I always thought that steam, water and ice were all the substance H2O. Now that I have learned what they are not, what they made of?

Could you provide a cite where I have maintained that water, steam, and ice do not cons***ute the same substance?

Water, steam, and ice can all be made of the same substance. But they do not cons***ute God the Father or God the Son.

The only point I have made about water, steam, and ice is that if I had a cup of water--it could not be all three conditions of water, steam, and ice at the same time. Matthew 17 has the Father and Son at the same location, at the same time.

If God the Father is a Spirit--and Jesus Christ has a body of flesh and bone--then that is where the different substances occur--- not water, steam, and ice.

How are those two different substances of the Father and Son considered a "****ousiosus" God?

dberrie2000

But you have received this information in the past from a moderator. Yet you persist ? Why?

I don't. I use the quote function now on the CARM forum. You are confusing the quote function with a link within the quote function.

dberrie2000

The paradigm of the TCJCLDS theology is what is constraining any possibility of understanding this. While not an exact picture, the three simultaneous forms of one substance ought to give you a glimmer of how this can be.
    But that is just it--the trinitarians have it different substances--God the Father as a Spirit--God the Son with a physical Body of flesh and bone. They do not consider those the same substance. If they do--please give a cite and explanation of that.

alanmolstad

But that is just it--the trinitarians have it different substances--God the Father as a Spirit--God the Son with a physical Body of flesh and bone. They do not consider those the same substance. If they do--please give a cite and explanation of that.
    That is correct...

The Father is pure spirit.
    The son is pure spirit, and also human too.

Jesus has two natures......
    The Son is both fully God, and fully human.

Equal to the father in his nature as God
    Equal to me in his nature as a brother human.

Of the same "substance" (whatever that term means?) as the father, in that he is God.
    The same "substance" as me, in that he is fully a normal guy.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post--But that is just it--the trinitarians have it different substances--God the Father as a Spirit--God the Son with a physical Body of flesh and bone. They do not consider those the same substance. If they do--please give a cite and explanation of that.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    That is correct...

Well, if that is correct, that leaves the Trinitarians in the unenviable position of trying to explain how they believe in the "****ousious"(same substance) God.

MacG

Could you provide a cite where I have maintained that water, steam, and ice do not cons***ute the same substance?

Water, steam, and ice can all be made of the same substance. But they do not cons***ute God the Father or God the Son.

The only point I have made about water, steam, and ice is that if I had a cup of water--it could not be all three conditions of water, steam, and ice at the same time. Matthew 17 has the Father and Son at the same location, at the same time.

If God the Father is a Spirit--and Jesus Christ has a body of flesh and bone--then that is where the different substances occur--- not water, steam, and ice.

How are those two different substances of the Father and Son considered a "****ousiosus" God?
    From your previous post:

They are not the same substance in all three states at the same time--it can only be one of the three, at the same time.
    It seems that you still are not sure about either for you use the phrase "can be made of" what else can liquid water, water vapor and frozen water be made of?

The only point I have made about water, steam, and ice is that if I had a cup of water--it could not be all three conditions of water, steam, and ice at the same time.
    And the triple point empirically demonstrates it does occur "at exactly 273.16 K (0.01 °C) and a partial vapour pressure of 611.73 pascals (ca. 6.1173 millibars, 0.0060373".