Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I Stand with the Mormons

Default Today I Stand with the Mormons

I posted this elsewhere, and am putting it up here as well:

I'm wondering when Bill Maher is going to shut up? Who does this fellow think he is? Has Maher read anything about the Nazi regime? How the Jews were eventually considered to be subhuman, fit only for slavery and eventual destruction? Does Maher think Mormons are a fair target because they won't strike back? Shall he make them sew a Mormon symbol on their clothing (as the Jews were made to sew a yellow Star of David on their's) so we can identify those in what Maher called a stu-pid religion for a stu-pid country, America?

In case anyone is wondering what I'm talking about, Bill Maher's comments on Mormonism during his recent TV show were over the line of civility and common decency. Anyone who reads my posts knows that I consider Mormonism to be non-Christian, however I strongly stand for the Mormons' right to believe whatever they want. If I don't, how long will it be before they start dragging Anglicans through the streets and make us wear yellow crosses on our clothing? How long before my grandchildren are taught to snitch on their parents and grandparents if they go to Church? How long before my grandchildren have to wear brown shirts? Today it's the Mormons, and maybe tomorrow the Baptists, or Lutherans, or Methodists.

As many know, Dietrich Bonhoeffer is a man I regard as a 20th century saint. He stood with the Jews when Hitler persecuted them. He helped arrange for some to flee Germany. He led the Confessional Church in Germany, the Church that did not stand with Hitler against the Jews and the Germanization of Christianity. Perhaps what Bonhoeffer had to say in his era is relevant for today:

"Bonhoeffer spelled out his views in an essay called 'The Church and the Jewish Question.' In it, Bonhoeffer said that the church 'has an unconditional obligation to the victims of any ordering of society, even if they do not belong to the Christian community.'"

(from: http://exposingliberallies.blogspot....onhoeffer.html )

And, so Christians need to speak out, I believe, when any religious group, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, Unitarian, Bahai, which is not part of our Christian community, becomes a target and is victimized. For anybody who has not seen Maher's episode, here is a link:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the...g-donald-trump
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

RealFakeHair

Default It is only the beginning, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post

I'm wondering when Bill Maher is going to shut up? Who does this fellow think he is? Has Maher read anything about the Nazi regime? How the Jews were eventually considered to be subhuman, fit only for slavery and eventual destruction? Does Maher think Mormons are a fair target because they won't strike back? Shall he make them sew a Mormon symbol on their clothing (as the Jews were made to sew a yellow Star of David on their's) so we can identify those in what Maher called a stu-pid religion for a stu-pid country, America?

In case anyone is wondering what I'm talking about, Bill Maher's comments on Mormonism during his recent TV show were over the line of civility and common decency. Anyone who reads my posts knows that I consider Mormonism to be non-Christian, however I strongly stand for the Mormons' right to believe whatever they want. If I don't, how long will it be before they start dragging Anglicans through the streets and make us wear yellow crosses on our clothing? How long before my grandchildren are taught to snitch on their parents and grandparents if they go to Church? How long before my grandchildren have to wear brown shirts? Today it's the Mormons, and maybe tomorrow the Baptists, or Lutherans, or Methodists.

As many know, Dietrich Bonhoeffer is a man I regard as a 20th century saint. He stood with the Jews when Hitler persecuted them. He helped arrange for some to flee Germany. He led the Confessional Church in Germany, the Church that did not stand with Hitler against the Jews and the Germanization of Christianity. Perhaps what Bonhoeffer had to say in his era is relevant for today:

"Bonhoeffer spelled out his views in an essay called 'The Church and the Jewish Question.' In it, Bonhoeffer said that the church 'has an unconditional obligation to the victims of any ordering of society, even if they do not belong to the Christian community.'"

And, so Christians need to speak out, I believe, when any religious group, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, Unitarian, Bahai, which is not part of our Christian community, becomes a target and is victimized. For anybody who has not seen Maher's episode, here is a link:

Just wait until Romney is asks the question about Satan and Jesus being brothers.

Snow Patrol

Well, I for one, appreciate the sentiment. Thanks.

In a weird way I kind of hope Bill Maher keeps at it. For he only makes himself look more bigoted and hopefully people see that and in the long run he becomes irrelevant, or should I say more irrelevant than he already is.

Thank you Apologette!
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

RealFakeHair

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Well, I for one, appreciate the sentiment. Thanks.

In a weird way I kind of hope Bill Maher keeps at it. For he only makes himself look more bigoted and hopefully people see that and in the long run he becomes irrelevant, or should I say more irrelevant than he already is.
    The more you have Maher, Matthew, and others of the MSM bringing up mormon doctrine, history and characters the more the American people will reject Romney.
    Remember most Americans know almost nothing of the history of mormonism, and could care less, but when it come to picking a President that will change.

TrueBlue?

Amen! I agree. We must stand for religious freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    The more you have Maher, Matthew, and others of the MSM bringing up mormon doctrine, history and characters the more the American people will reject Romney.
    Remember most Americans know almost nothing of the history of mormonism, and could care less, but when it come to picking a President that will change.
    Well then, heaven help us because I don't know if our cons***ution could stand 4 more years of Obama.

Look at what we have today---FLA suing the Federal government. The feds suing Florida. The feds suing Arizona. The congress holding Holder in contempt of court. I don't think I have seen more in-fighting within the government before--even with Watergate.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

TrueBlue?

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Maybe I am wrong, and she can correct me if so, but thankfully Apologette loves mankind more than her disagreements with Mormons. Where as you seem not to care the consequences of such speech from Bill Maher.

Then again I remember pointing out else where how you seem not to care for others if it gets in the way of yourself.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Well then, heaven help us because I don't know if our cons***ution could stand 4 more years of Obama.
    Maybe the guy on the white horse will ride in and save the day?

Google "white horse prophesy"

BTW do you know what the guy on the white horse represents in early Revelation?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Maybe the guy on the white horse will ride in and save the day?

Google "white horse prophesy"

The White Horse prophecy?? Again the church does not see that as doctrine---but go ahead and look at it if you like.

The white horse in revelations? It represents the good overcoming evil--as far as I can tell.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Who sits on the white horse is Christ.

Billyray

The White Horse prophecy?? Again the church does not see that as doctrine---but go ahead and look at it if you like.
    Do you believe it?

The white horse in revelations? It represents the good overcoming evil--as far as I can tell.
    Most would tell you that this is the antichrist.

Billyray

BJ
    Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Who sits on the white horse is Christ.
    Do you consider Rev 19 as EARLY in Revelaton?

And I don't think you believe that the guy on the white horse is Christ in the white horse prophecy do you?

RealFakeHair

Default Sticks and stones my break my bones.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue? View Post
    Maybe I am wrong, and she can correct me if so, but thankfully Apologette loves mankind more than her disagreements with Mormons. Where as you seem not to care the consequences of such speech from Bill Maher.

Then again I remember pointing out else where how you seem not to care for others if it gets in the way of yourself.
    Bill Maher is a low life of a being, He hides behind the cloak of intertainment.
    Bill does it the liberal way, and that is all there is to it.

Would Romney make a better president that Obama, heck, I'd make a better president than Obama.

I just see no way Romney can do it, and it wont be the EV that stop him.
    Romney wont make it to the WH because of the independences. They will hold their nose and vote Obama.
    I do take the privilege to change my mind if, first the MSM holds back it's attack on Romney's mormonism, and if the economy get even worse than it is now.

Do you believe it?

Most would tell you that this is the antichrist.

Do you consider Rev 19 as EARLY in Revelaton?

And I don't think you believe that the guy on the white horse is Christ in the white horse prophecy do you?
    I am not even aware of the white horse prophecy other than a vague idea about it.

Where do you come up with the white horse being the anti-Christ---revelations makes it pretty clear it is Christ in Chapter 19.

I am not even aware of the white horse prophecy other than a vague idea about it.

Where do you come up with the white horse being the anti-Christ---revelations makes it pretty clear it is Christ in Chapter 19.
    Bump for Billyray. Do you realize this is twice you have brought this up---and then you leave it. Obviously--you have not really read the scriptures regarding this if you think the white horse represents the anti-Christ--as the one who sits on the White Horse is called "the word of God."

Billyray

We were talking about early Revelation specifically chapter 6 not chapter 19. This is early on in the tribulation. Christ has not come back yet at this point in time. And the Antichrist tries to mimic Christ hence the white horse. Does the verse below sound like Christ to you? Especially in light of the other horseman all delivery destrustion an misery.

2 And I looked, and behold, ia white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.

Look, we have deep theological disagreements, but would we have ever seen Jesus turning over a Pharisee or Sadducee or Herodian to the authorities? No, never. He debated them, sometimes there was an exchange of "hard" words, but the Lord told us to pray for those with whom we have disagreements. We certainly don't hand them over to the lions! And as Bonhoeffer points out, to do nothing is to do something.

Billyray

Obviously--you have not really read the scriptures regarding this if you think the white horse represents the anti-Christ--as the one who sits on the White Horse is called "the word of God."
    Remember we are talking about Revelation 6 here BigJ.

http://www.gotquestions.org/four-hor...pocalypse.html
    ". . .Question: "Who are the four horsemen of the apocalypse?"

Answer: The four horsemen of the Apocalypse are described in Revelation chapter 6, verses 1-8. The four horsemen are symbolic descriptions of different events which will take place in the end times. The first horseman of the Apocalypse is mentioned in Revelation 6:2: “I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.” This first horseman likely refers to the Antichrist, who will be given authority and will conquer all who oppose him. The antichrist is the false imitator of the true Christ, who will also return on a white horse (Revelation 19:11-16). . .

Half of my ancestors come from Denmark. When Hitler invaded Denmark, he gathered up the Jews and forced them to sew yellow stars on their clothing so that others would recognize them as Jews. The Danes, a small group of people, were powerless against Hitler - except for one thing. They identified with the Jews, and cut out Jewish Stars of David and sewed them to their clothing as well. So, in the end, Hitler had a little country under his boot, but everybody was wearing a Star of David.

Another one of my ancestors, a Puritan in Colonial M***., stood up for a Quaker who was being attacked by the Puritans as a heretic. In those days, heretics were put in stocks. Or other measures were taken against them. In any case, the Quakers were not exactly tolerated by the Puritans. However, my ancestor became an advocate for one Quaker fellow, and he was spared the wrath of the Puritan rulers. So, I guess this stuff is somewhat in my blood!

If my neighbor is being hurt and abused, I'm being hurt and abused as well. One of my closest friends was a Mormon - she's gone now - but I remember the great times we had debating our differences, but never crossing over to hurting one another. I prayed with her when she was dying. I have no animosity toward Mormons........but, boy, do I disagree with them!

Remember we are talking about Revelation 6 here BigJ.

http://www.gotquestions.org/four-hor...pocalypse.html
    Interesting.

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

This "gotquestions" you gave is making the ***umption that the horse comes from Satan (the anti-Christ) and yet the first verse of chapter 6 says: And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals.

So, do you think it was the "Lamb" who provided the anti-Christ?

Half of my ancestors come from Denmark. When Hitler invaded Denmark, he gathered up the Jews and forced them to sew yellow stars on their clothing so that others would recognize them as Jews. The Danes, a small group of people, were powerless against Hitler - except for one thing. They identified with the Jews, and cut out Jewish Stars of David and sewed them to their clothing as well. So, in the end, Hitler had a little country under his boot, but everybody was wearing a Star of David.

Another one of my ancestors, a Puritan in Colonial M***., stood up for a Quaker who was being attacked by the Puritans as a heretic. In those days, heretics were put in stocks. Or other measures were taken against them. In any case, the Quakers were not exactly tolerated by the Puritans. However, my ancestor became an advocate for one Quaker fellow, and he was spared the wrath of the Puritan rulers. So, I guess this stuff is somewhat in my blood!

If my neighbor is being hurt and abused, I'm being hurt and abused as well. One of my closest friends was a Mormon - she's gone now - but I remember the great times we had debating our differences, but never crossing over to hurting one another. I prayed with her when she was dying. I have no animosity toward Mormons........but, boy, do I disagree with them!
    And we disagree with you too but hope no harm comes to you as well.

Billyray

It is making the ***umption that the horse comes from Satan (the anti-Christ) and yet the first verse of chapter 6 says: And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals.

So, do you think it was the "Lamb" who provided the anti-Christ?
    6 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals.

The lamb in this section is Christ.

6 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals.

This is Christ.
    Okay---so it is Christ who opened the seals. and since the white horse entered or was shown after the seal was opened, do you then think it was Christ who provided this anti-Christ?

And we disagree with you too but hope no harm comes to you as well.
    And both groups can stand for good things - for Life, and for the sanc***y of traditional marriage. Who knows what will happen to this country if Obama is in for four more years! We're already half-way Socialist! And Obamacare will break us financially, especially those (like my husband and myself) who are retired. Together we can stand against this stuff, and put our differences to the side (for a while! )

Billyray

and since the white horse entered or was shown after the seal was opened, do you then think it was Christ who provided this anti-Christ?
    What do you mean by provided and how did you come up with this is then text?