Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Today I Stand with the Mormons

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Have I ever said that a born again believer never sins? Is that the standard by which you ***ume for a born again believer?
    Okay---so just answer me this one simple question. When a person fornicates--are good works naturally flowing from them? Are they following the direction of the Holy Ghost as you claim is the outcome for being born again?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    When a person fornicates--are good works naturally flowing from them?
    When a person sins if they are convicted of their sin and they change direction and live more and more Christlike over time then that is a consistent with what happens in a born again believer's life. BTW I think it is odd that you are so caught up with this particular sin and all of the other sins seem to be OK in your eyes.

When a person sins if they are convicted of their sin and they change direction and live more and more Christlike over time then that is a consistent with what happens in a born again believer's life. BTW I think it is odd that you are so caught up with this particular sin and all of the other sins seem to be OK in your eyes.
    I am just using a specific example from a data set that was presented.

So, will Christ save a person FROM their sin, or just help them AFTER their sin?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Billyray

I am just using a specific example from a data set that was presented.
    So when you make fibs here that is OK with God?

Billyray

So, will Christ save a person FROM their sin, or just help them AFTER their sin?
    A person who comes to Christ and places his faith in him will be saved. The Holy Spirit guides the born again believer and convicts that believer when he commits sin.

dberrie2000

A person who comes to Christ and places his faith in him will be saved.

Billyray--you have stated that a person that is saved will bring forth good fruits.

Are you including that premise as an integral part of those whom have, as you state,--- "faith in him"?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Billyray--you have stated that a person that is saved will bring forth good fruits.

Are you including that premise as an integral part of those whom have, as you state,--- "faith in him"?

As it is natural for birds to fly, as it is natural for babies to suckle, it is natural for good to come from the righteousness of God.. Since that is the righteousness a Christian has it is natural for good works to spring forth from them.. That is not how they became righteous it is a side effect of their imputed righteousness.. IHS jim

Billyray

Those who are regenerated or born again naturally produce good works because they are born again.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000

Those who are regenerated or born again naturally produce good works because they are born again.

But are those works part of your phrase "faith in Christ"?

Billyray

But are those works part of your phrase "faith in Christ"?
    Are you asking me if works contribute for salvation? If this is your quesiton the answer is no.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    I posted this elsewhere, and am putting it up here as well:

I'm wondering when Bill Maher is going to shut up? ....
    My advice:

Dont watch TV.

I never watch except to catch the weather reports...
    After that, I dont really care what the heck Kim Kardashian and the Bieber are up to...