Thread: When was the last time you prayed for God's will to be done on earth?

Grandma

Default When was the last time you prayed for God's will to be done on earth?

Matthew 7

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    Matthew 7

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
    Wait a minute, didn't you just say that God does it all?

Now you are saying I have to ask first???
    And how would I know to ask unless I had to spend time having to listen to someone tell me how before that or to read it from a book somewhere?
    Next you will be telling me I have to give up being a Mormon and believing in its doctrine too....

Wow, I don't know, that's just too much WORK.
    What ever happened to that free gift that didn't require any work, that you were talking about?
    Last edited by theway; 09-10-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Wait a minute, didn't you just say that God does it all?

Now you are saying I have to ask first???
    And how would I know to ask unless I had to spend time having to listen to someone tell me how before that or to read it from a book somewhere?
    Next you will be telling me I have to give up being a Mormon and believing in its doctrine too....

Wow, I don't know, that's just too much WORK.
    What ever happened to that free gift that didn't require any work, that you were talking about?
    When was the last time you prayed for God's will to be done?

When was the last time you prayed for God's will to be done?
    Everyday, every time I pray. Right after I ask God to forgive me for some of the choices I've made, and after I ask God's advice on the choices I am about to make.

The only difference is that I put the word "nevertheless" in front of "...your Will be done"

Grandma

So, does God answer your prayer in the affirmative that all ex-Mormons and non-Mormons for whom you prayed either come back to your church or agree to be baptized?

In Christian Love,

Grandma

So, does God answer your prayer in the affirmative that all ex-Mormons and non-Mormons for whom you prayed either come back to your church or agree to be baptized?
    In Christian Love,
    Grandma
    No I haven't.... But why would I do that?
    If a person is not ready to live the gospel, then the gospel would not become a blessing to them, but a curse to them.
    Likewise, I have told my best friend and one of my own sons to have their names removed from the Church because they WOULD NOT obey the commandments as it has been revealed in the COJCOLDSecause of that, it was causing them to be greatly depressed and bitter.

What I pray is that people will see the light that I have seen, that they may feel the joy that I have felt. I don't pray that they walk the same path as I have taken, because my path was a hard and painful one, but because of the pain I been awakened to Gods mercy and grace.
    I pray that when the time is right that I will be in the right place at the right time to help that individual who is seeking or needing the truth, and at that moment, I will have the courage and the desire to open my mouth and help him on HIS path to the degree that God thinks is appropriate.... Nevertheless, not my will but God's will be done, and on His timetable.

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    No I haven't.... But why would I do that?
    If a person is not ready to live the gospel, then the gospel would not become a blessing to them, but a curse to them.
    Likewise, I have told my best friend and one of my own sons to have their names removed from the Church because they WOULD NOT obey the commandments as it has been revealed in the COJCOLDSecause of that, it was causing them to be greatly depressed and bitter.

What I pray is that people will see the light that I have seen, that they may feel the joy that I have felt. I don't pray that they walk the same path as I have taken, because my path was a hard and painful one, but because of the pain I been awakened to Gods mercy and grace.
    I pray that when the time is right that I will be in the right place at the right time to help that individual who is seeking or needing the truth, and at that moment, I will have the courage and the desire to open my mouth and help him on HIS path to the degree that God thinks is appropriate.... Nevertheless, not my will but God's will be done, and on His timetable.
    "What I pray is that people will see the light that I have seen, that they may feel the joy that I have felt. I don't pray that they walk the same path as I have taken, because my path was a hard and painful one, but because of the pain I been awakened to Gods mercy and grace."

So you believe that people will see the light that you have seen and feel the joy that you have felt outside the Mormon church. People don't need Mormonism for that? Interesting.

alanmolstad

"What I pray is that people will see the light that I have seen, that they may feel the joy that I have felt. I don't pray that they walk the same path as I have taken, because my path was a hard and painful one, but because of the pain I been awakened to Gods mercy and grace."

So you believe that people will see the light that you have seen and feel the joy that you have felt outside the Mormon church. People don't need Mormonism for that? Interesting.
    very well spoke....

I don't know where you got that idea???

We are all at different places on the path back to our Heavenly Father. There is also different stages and types of happiness and joy. A person can only experience joy to the point they are willing and ready to accept. Me and my wife have taken care of about 15 children, only 10 joined the Mormon Church, and only 5 are still active. Yet I call them to make sure they are attending a Christian Church and I support them in whatever Church they have decided to go to. When they are ready for more they will tell me, yet until then I want them to know the Lord as much as is possible for them.
    There is a level of joy in Christ outside of the LDS Church which I pray for all to find. Yet there is a more perfect joy which I have obtained, and is only obtainable within the gospel of Jesus Christ as it is within the COJCOLDS. Yet even then, I know that there is a level of Joy that only those who have overcome all things will understand and enjoy. I do not understand this joy because I am not there yet, I pray that I will be one day.

Like the example I gave to you before.
    There is a level of happiness in being a child.
    There is a higher level of happiness at being a grownup.
    There is a even higher level of happiness which is only obtainable to those who are committed to loving spouse.
    And an even higher Joy obtainable to those who have experienced being a Parent.
    Then there is the Joy our Eternal Father has for all His children.

Would you deny a child of his happiness, simply because it is not the higher Joy experienced by you as a parent?

Of course not... Just like me, you would pray to God that that child could recieve as much of the joy of youth until the time they can experience the more perfect joy of being a parent.
    Last edited by theway; 09-13-2015 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    very well spoke....
    Really... and what part was "very well spoke"?

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    very well spoke....
    Some people admit they understand and others pretend that they don't.