Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: End Times--Mormon style

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    Armegeddon will be the final battle of that war before the millenium. Then there will be the battle at the end of the millenium.

Marvin
    Hey Marvin we actually agree for once. Doesn't that feel good? I was taught about the battle of Armegeddon when I was LDS and I have been taught about it as a Christian and it has been explained in the same way for the most part.. But BigJ has this false concept that this battle started before we were even born. That is why I have called into question whether or not she is Mormon or even Christian. Which is only fair since you and BigJ have done the same with me about ever being Mormon.

Russianwolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Hey Marvin we actually agree for once. Doesn't that feel good? I was taught about the battle of Armegeddon when I was LDS and I have been taught about it as a Christian. But BigJ has this false concept that this battle started before we were even born. That is why I have called into question whether or not she is Mormon or even Christian. Which is only fair since you and BigJ have done the same with me.
    I think that Julie could have said that there is a WAR that has been going on for a long time to be more precise. People who have not studied history to a great extent or the history of war or have not been involved in war games might use the word battle and war interchangeably. But being a student of history and war, I have a more precise definition of these two words and use then more precisely. I don't think Julie is that concerned with the precise usage of these words and could be using them interchangably. It doesn't bother me, I try to see the context and understand what she is saying, even if she doesn't use the words the same way I do.

Marvin

PS And no it doesn't make me feel better. When we seem to agree, I have to question what I said that makes you think we agree.

Hey Marvin we actually agree for once. Doesn't that feel good? I was taught about the battle of Armegeddon when I was LDS and I have been taught about it as a Christian and it has been explained in the same way for the most part.. But BigJ has this false concept that this battle started before we were even born. That is why I have called into question whether or not she is Mormon or even Christian. Which is only fair since you and BigJ have done the same with me about ever being Mormon.
    You are twisting my words Billyray: when you stated Armegeddon, I merely stated:

The battle between good and evil will continue and get worse and worse until the second coming.
    You made a jump or a false ***umption on this one. Did I say that Amegeddon has already begun or the battle between good and evil has already begun?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Billyray

PS And no it doesn't make me feel better. When we seem to agree, I have to question what I said that makes you think we agree.
    Russianwolfe
    Armegeddon will be the final battle of that war before the millenium. Then there will be the battle at the end of the millenium.

Marvin
    This part don't you remember?

Russianwolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    You are twisting my words Billyray: when you stated Armegeddon, I merely stated:

You made a jump or a false ***umption on this one. Did I say that Amegeddon has already begun or the battle between good and evil has already begun?
    This is Billyray's MO and that of many other critics. They try to force us to believe something that they no longer believe. Then get upset when we tell them we don't believe that. Then come the ancient quotes and references and the misquote and the out of context quotes. It is getting to be such a bore. They can't get it right and then accuse us of deception because they had it wrong. What is wrong with this?

Marvin

Billyray

Below is our running dialogue. It is Okay to be wrong. Just admit it and move on.

6. Battle of Armegeddon. The battle between good and evil will continue and get worse and worse until the second coming.
    So you don't believe in a literal battle just before the second coming of Christ?
    I believe the battle has been on-going and began before the earth began. So--what do you mean by literal battle? There is a literal battle right now between good and evil.

This is Billyray's MO and that of many other critics. They try to force us to believe something that they no longer believe. Then get upset when we tell them we don't believe that. Then come the ancient quotes and references and the misquote and the out of context quotes. It is getting to be such a bore. They can't get it right and then accuse us of deception because they had it wrong. What is wrong with this?

Marvin
    I think that anyone can do this when they try to find fault with another. I think this is the reason it is better to share what you believe with what you perceive as the "unbeliever" and let God do the final judging both of now and of history. To get the full picture of something in which you were not there is very difficult to do--even for a court room. To think that you can dig through some history and ***ume you get it right and then use that to beat someone else up is a very dangerous position. My study of history states that to really know--you have to be there. Otherwise, we give it our best shot to know and understand. The best historians are probably the ones who leave their own opinions at the door when researching.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Below is our running dialogue. It is Okay to be wrong. Just admit it and move on.
    When speaking of the battle between good and evil. You made the jump--I didn't.

As noted, in the past--I can admit when I misunderstood you or mis-stated something. I can see where you misunderstood my words here---but it was a misunderstading and your ***umptions were not correct.

Russianwolfe

When speaking of the battle between good and evil. You made the jump--I didn't.

As noted, in the past--I can admit when I misunderstood you or mis-stated something. I can see where you misunderstood my words here---but it was a misunderstading and your ***umptions were not correct.
    He should admit it and move on.

Marvin

He should admit it and move on.

Marvin
    I agree...............

Billyray

I think that anyone can do this when they try to find fault with another.
    Then why do you find fault with others rather than just give us your views? BTW I set this whole thread up to simply get your views.

Then why do you find fault with others rather than just give us your views? BTW I set this whole thread up to simply get your views.
    And I gave them and you misunderstood and have been haggling me since. Sorry if you don't like me telling you that you misunderstood or you see that as a fault. *sigh*

Billyray

And I gave them and you misunderstood and have been haggling me since. Sorry if you don't like me telling you that you misunderstood or you see that as a fault. *sigh*
    Here was our running dialogue
    6. Battle of Armegeddon. The battle between good and evil will continue and get worse and worse until the second coming.
    So you don't believe in a literal battle just before the second coming of Christ?
    I believe the battle has been on-going and began before the earth began. So--what do you mean by literal battle? There is a literal battle right now between good and evil.
    Tell me what you "really' meant by this?

Here was our running dialogue

Tell me what you "really' meant by this?
    I can see how you misunderstood that I believed the ongoing battle between good and evil is called "Armegeddon"---but that is not what I had in mind when I wrote it. I was just acknowledging that the battle between good and evil has been going on for a long time and would "continue" until and get worse and worse until the second coming--that is the battle between good and evil. Armeggedon is just the culmination of that ongoing battle.

The ongoing battle--I was then describing is the ongoing battle between good and evil. As we can see--it is not a physical battle right now, but definitely a spiritual one. Therefore, I don't make the ***umption that the culminating battle of Armeggedon will be a physical one. It can be---I just don't ***ume it has to be.

RealFakeHair

Default battle of the endtimers.

I can see how you misunderstood that I believed the ongoing battle between good and evil is called "Armegeddon"---but that is not what I had in mind when I wrote it. I was just acknowledging that the battle between good and evil has been going on for a long time and would "continue" until and get worse and worse until the second coming--that is the battle between good and evil. Armeggedon is just the culmination of that ongoing battle.

The ongoing battle--I was then describing is the ongoing battle between good and evil. As we can see--it is not a physical battle right now, but definitely a spiritual one. Therefore, I don't make the ***umption that the culminating battle of Armeggedon will be a physical one. It can be---I just don't ***ume it has to be.
    In athe battle of the endtimers the score is 1 billion to 0.
    Every endtimer since the beginning of time has been wrong, but I do enjoy all the back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    In athe battle of the endtimers the score is 1 billion to 0.
    Every endtimer since the beginning of time has been wrong, but I do enjoy all the back and forth.
    So,I guess I can ***ume you would agree with me that we should keep an open mind about how exactly Armeggedon will occur.

RealFakeHair

Default It's is just about anyone's guess.

So,I guess I can ***ume you would agree with me that we should keep an open mind about how exactly Armeggedon will occur.
    I think everyone should have an open mind, I would if I had one.

Billyray

I can see how you misunderstood that I believed the ongoing battle between good and evil is called "Armegeddon"---but that is not what I had in mind when I wrote it.
    This is a thread to tell me what you believe. Tell me what you really believe about Armegeddon.

dberrie2000

This is a thread to tell me what you believe. Tell me what you really believe about Armegeddon.
    What do you believe Armegeddon has to do with our personal salvation?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    What do you believe Armegeddon has to do with our personal salvation?
    Can you address it or not? If not don't try and change the subject.

Billyray

When are LDS planning on going to Missouri?

When are LDS planning on going to Missouri?
    Oh---now I see why you are asking about Armegedon. You are hoping for an entry point in which you can again mock us.

Billyray

Oh---now I see why you are asking about Armegedon. You are hoping for an entry point in which you can again mock us.
    Is this your way of avoiding answering my question?

Is this your way of avoiding answering my question?
    I have made no connection between Armegedon and Missouri--if that is what you mean. I haven't really studied up on it and it isn't something we discuss much at church.

Billyray

I have made no connection between Armegedon and Missouri--if that is what you mean. I haven't really studied up on it and it isn't something we discuss much at church.
    They are two different things but Missouri is an end times theme for Mormons and this thread is about end times and we are in the LDS board so that is why I am asking you about it. Are you planning on moving to Missouri or has the LDS church dropped this concept?