Thread: wow!

Heart2Heart

Default wow!

I finally had the courage to buy the book called, "Kingdom of the Occult." Wow!!! I opened the book, and it lead me to a story about a young woman who pretended to be a Christian and got herself involved in an occult from the Far East. The story is unbelievable!! This woman was possessed by several demons which Walter and others prayed and helped her. Walter Martin's stories make the book more personable and believable (and yet, unbelievable). Those of you who have the book, read the story on page 33 about the young woman. Wow!

Yes, there is no subs***ute for real life experience. When you see and hear the demons, you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are real. This is what happened to me when I disobeyed my father and used a Ouija Board.

I hope you won't be too afraid to read more of the book. It is all about our VICTORY over Satan and his demons through Jesus Christ! I praised God for this victory and for His wonderful love for us the entire time I was working on the book.

Just remember, the demons are terrified of YOU! They want nothing to do with any Christian who is strong in the Lord.
    How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God. 1 John 3:1

Libby

Jill, would you mind telling us what happened when you used the Ouija board?

Sure, Libby. Basically, when I was 15 years old, a demon started talking to a friend of mine through a Ouija Board she got for her birthday. He said his name was Jared Peterson and he died in the 1970s.

He started out as funny and playful. Yes, he was actually playing games with us, trying to be a "friend" (there were four or five of us in the room). The planchette (a plastic tear shaped piece with a magnifying gl***) on the board was moving so fast we could hardly spell out the words. I had my fingers on it, and believe me, I wasn't pushing it and neither was my friend (who had her fingers on the other side). It actually felt like an extremely powerful magnet pulling the planchette from underneath.

Anyway, I asked him in the name of Jesus Christ to tell us if he was a demon and of course, he had to say, "Yes!" Believe me, he wasn't happy about it. I asked him then if he hated us (all in the name of Jesus, of course). They have to obey a command given in the name of Jesus--no matter how young the person is who's giving it--and he said, "Yes!"--he hated us. So the mask was definitely off.

After a few more questions, I asked him if he was at the Crucifixion, and he answered, "Yes!" (I use the exclamations because the planchette flew across the board to the word YES everytime. He was furious.) I asked what he felt, and he answered, "F-e-a-r".

I then commanded him in the name of Jesus to leave, and he refused--until the third time I said it, and then he spelled out an obscenity and threw the planchette off the board and onto the floor.

But . . . he left. It amazes me to this day that an ancient, evil being--a fallen angel that fought with Lucifer in heaven--had to obey a 15 year old girl. This is the awesome power we have in Christ Jesus.
    How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God. 1 John 3:1

Kogseeker

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Sure, Libby. Basically, when I was 15 years old, a demon started talking to a friend of mine through a Ouija Board she got for her birthday. He said his name was Jared Peterson and he died in the 1970s.

He started out as funny and playful. Yes, he was actually playing games with us, trying to be a "friend" (there were four or five of us in the room). The planchette (a plastic tear shaped piece with a magnifying gl***) on the board was moving so fast we could hardly spell out the words. I had my fingers on it, and believe me, I wasn't pushing it and neither was my friend (who had her fingers on the other side). It actually felt like an extremely powerful magnet pulling the planchette from underneath.

Anyway, I asked him in the name of Jesus Christ to tell us if he was a demon and of course, he had to say, "Yes!" Believe me, he wasn't happy about it. I asked him then if he hated us (all in the name of Jesus, of course). They have to obey a command given in the name of Jesus--no matter how young the person is who's giving it--and he said, "Yes!"--he hated us. So the mask was definitely off.

After a few more questions, I asked him if he was at the Crucifixion, and he answered, "Yes!" (I use the exclamations because the planchette flew across the board to the word YES everytime. He was furious.) I asked what he felt, and he answered, "F-e-a-r".

I then commanded him in the name of Jesus to leave, and he refused--until the third time I said it, and then he spelled out an obscenity and threw the planchette off the board and onto the floor.

But . . . he left. It amazes me to this day that an ancient, evil being--a fallen angel that fought with Lucifer in heaven--had to obey a 15 year old girl. This is the awesome power we have in Christ Jesus.

Disclaimer: DO NOT try this at home!! LOL

Libby

Wow, Jill, that was quite an experience. I had never heard that before, about asking questions in the Name of Jesus Christ. Very interesting.

The Ouija board (which I've had very little experience with..only playing around, as a kid) always reminds me of Jane Roberts and The Seth Material, which I was interested in for a couple of years, along time ago. Jane discovered this "en***y" named Seth through the Ouija board...and then spent years "channeling" him. He appeared to be a very benevolent creature, though.

sayso

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post

Jill,

My sister had an Ouija board when I was about 10 or 11, about 1961 or 1962. We also had an eight ball that was sold in the game section. You would ask a question and then turn it over for the answer. Of course the eight ball had very limited answers.

When my sister became pregnant with her first child we asked the board to reveal the sex and date of the birth. It gave the correct information. My brother-in-law laughed and said that we were pushing the planchette around but we weren't.

Later we tired of playing "the game" and went on to other things. In 1978 after I was saved I learned about the occult and that the Ouija board was a part of it. By that time I actually had two boards. One a friend had given me and the other I had bought for myself. So I resolved to get rid of it. When I did I had the most horrible nightmare that you could imagine.

I then renounced any and all involvement in the occult which I had participated in.

The liar and father of lies greatest weapon is deception.

Nobody Believes In Me Anymore

Seth was benevolent because he had nothing to fear from Jane Roberts. The minute they are challenged in the name of Jesus, though, the mask drops.

The interesting thing about the Seth material is that it repeats the same old doctrine that demons have been teaching people since the Early Church. There really is nothing new under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Wow, Jill, that was quite an experience. I had never heard that before, about asking questions in the Name of Jesus Christ. Very interesting.

The Ouija board (which I've had very little experience with..only playing around, as a kid) always reminds me of Jane Roberts and The Seth Material, which I was interested in for a couple of years, along time ago. Jane discovered this "en***y" named Seth through the Ouija board...and then spent years "channeling" him. He appeared to be a very benevolent creature, though.

I don't doubt for a minute that the board knew some information about your family. I believe demons keep records on us--all the better to trip us up. That's why Scripture refers to spiritual warfare as personal warfare. I go into this in detail in The Kingdom of the Occult.

I can imagine just how bad that dream was, sayso, having experienced a few like it. I think they do what they can to influence us while we are vulnerable--part of spiritual warfare.

It sounds like you handled both situations quite well.

"Nobody believes in me anymore"--another great song by Keith Green.

Quote Originally Posted by sayso View Post
    Jill,

My sister had an Ouija board when I was about 10 or 11, about 1961 or 1962. We also had an eight ball that was sold in the game section. You would ask a question and then turn it over for the answer. Of course the eight ball had very limited answers.

When my sister became pregnant with her first child we asked the board to reveal the sex and date of the birth. It gave the correct information. My brother-in-law laughed and said that we were pushing the planchette around but we weren't.

Later we tired of playing "the game" and went on to other things. In 1978 after I was saved I learned about the occult and that the Ouija board was a part of it. By that time I actually had two boards. One a friend had given me and the other I had bought for myself. So I resolved to get rid of it. When I did I had the most horrible nightmare that you could imagine.

I then renounced any and all involvement in the occult which I had participated in.

The liar and father of lies greatest weapon is deception.

Nobody Believes In Me Anymore

alanmolstad

I was in a adult Bible cl*** many years ago.
    Our teacher had a tendency to use his children in his sermons....

After a while I talked to him and suggested that he shy away from using his kid's adventures and questions in all of his sermons....

He kinda saw my point, but I noticed a bit later that he would talk about his kids again in his sermons...one time he even appologised to me for doing this, but then again, he kept doing it later again and again.

As far as I know, he may still do this ...he may still talk about the people he knows in his sermons.
    As far as I know, lots and lots of Preachers do this same thing.

Im against this.
    I just think that it is hard enough to be the child of a Preacher...and that the poor kid should not have to deal with everyone in town knowing so much about his daily life...his faults, his doubts, his questions to his dad.....

Sounds like a subject for a different thread.
    TD