Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brigham Young's Occult Bloodstone Charm

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    That would include both Young and Smith.. And as has been reported to you already those so involved are condemned by God as reported in the Bible.. To deny that people practiced magic is to dent the Bible.. Is that what you are doing? IHS jim
    Oh in the Bible...which one NIV, NASB, KJV, KJV1611, Catholic Bible. Or the other 8,000 versions.

cheachea

Papa has now slipped over into the thinking of atheism.. When faced with the absurdity of mormonism this can happen very easily.. IHS jim
    It's sad, because many LDS go that way when they find out the truth about Mormonism. I just wish they would turn To The Lord Jesus Christ instead of Atheism.

cheachea

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    Oh in the Bible...which one NIV, NASB, KJV, KJV1611, Catholic Bible. Or the other 8,000 versions.
    All the ones you posted talk about sorcery or magic arts. I would go with NKJV, KJV, Young's Literal Translation, or Geneva Bible.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    It's sad, because many LDS go that way when they find out the truth about Mormonism. I just wish they would turn To The Lord Jesus Christ instead of Atheism.
    I am not an atheist, just somewhat agnostic right now. I actually know the Bible and am not afraid to state the obvious...that the earth is billions of years old and was not created in 6 days. I also understand that the Bible is a collection of books and not a single book...a book that you have fewer chapters than the Catholics, not to mention the 15 mentioned by the Bible, but not in the Bible. James and I have a history...he is just trying to be James.

James Banta

All the ones you posted talk about sorcery or magic arts. I would go with NKJV, KJV, Young's Literal Translation, or Geneva Bible.
    And I like the NASB but as you said they all condemn the sorcery of Smith and Young.. papa is right about one thing.. Only the uneducated back woods people gave magic a place inside what they perceived as Christianity.. You know the king that would put word such as these in the mouth of God..

BofM Alma 10:7 as written in the 1830 page 249
    As I was a journeying to see a very near kindred ...

So not only do many mormons such as Papa deny the Bible but agree that the Mormon god is a hillbilly... IHS jim

Pa Pa

Which means there is majic?

Pa Pa

And I like the NASB but as you said they all condemn the sorcery of Smith and Young.. papa is right about one thing.. Only the uneducated back woods people gave magic a place inside what they perceived as Christianity.. You know the king that would put word such as these in the mouth of God..

BofM Alma 10:7 as written in the 1830 page 249
    As I was a journeying to see a very near kindred ...

So not only do many mormons such as Papa deny the Bible but agree that the Mormon god is a hillbilly... IHS jim
    Those uneducated back wood people built this Nation...show some respect, if you can.

cheachea

I am not an atheist, just somewhat agnostic right now. I actually know the Bible and am not afraid to state the obvious...that the earth is billions of years old and was not created in 6 days. I also understand that the Bible is a collection of books and not a single book...a book that you have fewer chapters than the Catholics, not to mention the 15 mentioned by the Bible, but not in the Bible. James and I have a history...he is just trying to be James.

Well, if you go the Orthodox route I would suggest The Orthodox Study Bible
    : http://www.amazon.com/Orthodox-Study...orthodox+bible

And if you go the Catholic Route, then I would suggest the Douay-Rheims Bible. : http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Bible-DOU...y+rheims+bible

Pa Pa

Well, if go the Orthodox route I would suggest The Orthodox Study Bible
    : http://www.amazon.com/Orthodox-Study...orthodox+bible

And if you go the Catholic Route, then I would suggest the Douay-Rheims Bible.
    I have preached in the Baptist Church and LDS...my father was a minister...see it all.

cheachea

I have preached in the Baptist Church and LDS...my father was a minister...see it all.
    That's Interesting.

James Banta

Those uneducated back wood people built this Nation...show some respect, if you can.
    They did? Not without an educated man showing them what to do.. Yes hard work can over come a lot, but it can't build bridges, or buildings like we see in New York City. There must be men that had a grasp on science to do that kind of work.. It is education that made America great not back woodsmen that could barely build a shelter that would keep out the cold.. IHS jim

cheachea

Which means there is magic?
    Yes. It's demonic though.

RealFakeHair

Default Thank you for that.

You can be direct even insulting...but you won't get away with appearing intelligent. What an ***.
    I will try and leave out Bill Clinton name next time.

cheachea

So how do you Mormons feel about your early leaders being involved in Occult Practices ?

James Banta

So how do you Mormons feel about your early leaders being involved in Occult Practices ?
    They are in total denial that Smith, Young or any of the first members of the that church were involved in magic at all.. Some hoe the don't see dousing as witchcraft.. Funny that it can still be called water witching isn't it? IHS jim

cheachea

MODERN MORMON MYSTICS !!!

http://mormonmystics.blogspot.com/

cheachea

Why hasn't any Mormon tried to defend Brigham Young's Occult Practice of using a Bloodstone Charm yet ?

James Banta

Why hasn't any Mormon tried to defend Brigham Young's Occult Practice of using a Bloodstone Charm yet ?
    Is there any defense for use of occultic practices inside Christian worship? I sure don't know of any. IHS jim

alanmolstad

This deserves it's own Thread. Brigham Young's Occult Bloodstone Charm is located at the Pioneer Memorial Museum in Salt Lake City, Utah.

creepy......

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    creepy......
    Now we know why they called Brigham Young, Bringham Younger, he was a Vampire.