Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyber Stalking

Default Cyber Stalking

I have had problems with Mormons listing on blogs and also here my personal name. I have never given a Mormon permission to do so, and I consider that type of behavior to be threatening and menacing. What is the purpose of doing so, other than INTIMIDATION?

I suggest that Mormons here familiarize themselves with the New Federal Law regarding cyber stalking:

"What Is Cyberstalking?

From the U.S. Department of Justice

Although there is no universally accepted definition of cyberstalking, the term is used in this report to refer to the use of the Internet, e-mail, or other electronic communications devices to stalk another person. Stalking generally involves har***ing or threatening behavior that an individual engages in repeatedly, such as following a person, appearing at a person's home or place of business, making har***ing phone calls, leaving written messages or objects, or vandalizing a person's property. Most stalking laws require that the perpetrator make a credible threat of violence against the victim; others include threats against the victim's immediate family; and still others require only that the alleged stalker's course of conduct cons***ute an implied threat. While some conduct involving annoying or menacing behavior might fall short of illegal stalking, such behavior may be a prelude to stalking and violence and should be treated seriously.

Nature and Extent of Cyberstalking

Although online har***ment and threats can take many forms, cyberstalking shares important characteristics with offline stalking. Many stalkers - online or off - are motivated by a desire to exert control over their victims and engage in similar types of behavior to accomplish this end. As with offline stalking, the available evidence (which is largely anecdotal) suggests that the majority of cyberstalkers are men and the majority of their victims are women, although there have been reported cases of women cyberstalking men and of same-sex cyberstalking. In many cases, the cyberstalker and the victim had a prior relationship, and the cyberstalking begins when the victim attempts to break off the relationship. However, there also have been many instances of cyberstalking by strangers. Given the enormous amount of personal information available through the Internet, a cyberstalker can easily locate private information about a potential victim with a few mouse clicks or key strokes.

The fact that cyberstalking does not involve physical contact may create the misperception that it is more benign than physical stalking. This is not necessarily true. As the Internet becomes an ever more integral part of our personal and professional lives, stalkers can take advantage of the ease of communications as well as increased access to personal information. In addition, the ease of use and non-confrontational, impersonal, and sometimes anonymous nature of Internet communications may remove disincentives to cyberstalking. Put another way, whereas a potential stalker may be unwilling or unable to confront a victim in person or on the telephone, he or she may have little hesitation sending har***ing or threatening electronic communications to a victim. Finally, as with physical stalking, online har***ment and threats may be a prelude to more serious behavior, including physical violence.

While there are many similarities between offline and online stalking, the Internet and other communications technologies provide new avenues for stalkers to pursue their victims.

A cyberstalker may send repeated, threatening, or har***ing messages by the simple push of a ****on; more sophisticated cyberstalkers use programs to send messages at regular or random intervals without being physically present at the computer terminal. California law enforcement authorities say they have encountered situations where a victim repeatedly receives the message "187" on their pagers - the section of the California Penal Code for murder. In addition, a cyberstalker can dupe other Internet users into har***ing or threatening a victim by utilizing Internet bulletin boards or chat rooms. For example, a stalker may post a controversial or enticing message on the board under the name, phone number, or e-mail address of the victim, resulting in subsequent responses being sent to the victim. Each message -- whether from the actual cyberstalker or others -- will have the intended effect on the victim, but the cyberstalker's effort is minimal and the lack of direct contact between the cyberstalker and the victim can make it difficult for law enforcement to identify, locate, and arrest the offender"
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    I have had problems with Mormons listing on blogs and also here my personal name. I have never given a Mormon permission to do so, and I consider that type of behavior to be threatening and menacing. What is the purpose of doing so, other than INTIMIDATION?

I suggest that Mormons here familiarize themselves with the New Federal Law regarding cyber stalking:

"What Is Cyberstalking?

Although there is no universally accepted definition of cyberstalking, the term is used in this report to refer to the use of the Internet, e-mail, or other electronic communications devices to stalk another person. Stalking generally involves har***ing or threatening behavior that an individual engages in repeatedly, such as following a person, appearing at a person's home or place of business, making har***ing phone calls, leaving written messages or objects, or vandalizing a person's property. Most stalking laws require that the perpetrator make a credible threat of violence against the victim; others include threats against the victim's immediate family; and still others require only that the alleged stalker's course of conduct cons***ute an implied threat. While some conduct involving annoying or menacing behavior might fall short of illegal stalking, such behavior may be a prelude to stalking and violence and should be treated seriously.

Although online har***ment and threats can take many forms, cyberstalking shares important characteristics with offline stalking. Many stalkers - online or off - are motivated by a desire to exert control over their victims and engage in similar types of behavior to accomplish this end. As with offline stalking, the available evidence (which is largely anecdotal) suggests that the majority of cyberstalkers are men and the majority of their victims are women, although there have been reported cases of women cyberstalking men and of same-sex cyberstalking. In many cases, the cyberstalker and the victim had a prior relationship, and the cyberstalking begins when the victim attempts to break off the relationship. However, there also have been many instances of cyberstalking by strangers. Given the enormous amount of personal information available through the Internet, a cyberstalker can easily locate private information about a potential victim with a few mouse clicks or key strokes.

The fact that cyberstalking does not involve physical contact may create the misperception that it is more benign than physical stalking. This is not necessarily true. As the Internet becomes an ever more integral part of our personal and professional lives, stalkers can take advantage of the ease of communications as well as increased access to personal information. In addition, the ease of use and non-confrontational, impersonal, and sometimes anonymous nature of Internet communications may remove disincentives to cyberstalking. Put another way, whereas a potential stalker may be unwilling or unable to confront a victim in person or on the telephone, he or she may have little hesitation sending har***ing or threatening electronic communications to a victim. Finally, as with physical stalking, online har***ment and threats may be a prelude to more serious behavior, including physical violence.

While there are many similarities between offline and online stalking, the Internet and other communications technologies provide new avenues for stalkers to pursue their victims.

A cyberstalker may send repeated, threatening, or har***ing messages by the simple push of a ****on; more sophisticated cyberstalkers use programs to send messages at regular or random intervals without being physically present at the computer terminal. California law enforcement authorities say they have encountered situations where a victim repeatedly receives the message "187" on their pagers - the section of the California Penal Code for murder. In addition, a cyberstalker can dupe other Internet users into har***ing or threatening a victim by utilizing Internet bulletin boards or chat rooms. For example, a stalker may post a controversial or enticing message on the board under the name, phone number, or e-mail address of the victim, resulting in subsequent responses being sent to the victim. Each message -- whether from the actual cyberstalker or others -- will have the intended effect on the victim, but the cyberstalker's effort is minimal and the lack of direct contact between the cyberstalker and the victim can make it difficult for law enforcement to identify, locate, and arrest the offender"
    Ever had a stalker put you on ignore...done! No go home.

Pa Pa

"What Is Cyberstalking?

Interesting...while putting you there I noted how in April you were banned for insulting other members. By sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    Interesting...while putting you there I noted how in April you were banned for insulting other members. By sweetie.

Try writing something comprehensible. And as far as you go, it's pretty pathetic that he now has to look for my suspensions...how strange is that folks? How obsessive is that?

Now you know the law, so please cease and desist from stalking me either here or on CARM or on Facebook. Got it? I have archived these incidents.

Just because nobody is monitoring this site apparently, remember that God is!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Sir

So why is it that you always call the poster "Heston" or "Knox" by the name of Jeff?

Looks like another case of creating a whining thread and pounding your chest with righteous indignation....about something that you are just as guilty of doing.

Of course we know why. It does speak to the rotten fruit of your "christianity", though. Jesus called those kind of people hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    So why is it that you always call the poster "Heston" or "Knox" by the name of Jeff?

Looks like another case of creating a whining thread and pounding your chest with righteous indignation....about something that you are just as guilty of doing.

Of course we know why. It does speak to the rotten fruit of your "christianity", though. Jesus called those kind of people hypocrites.
    Have I ever told Jeff, "hey we won't kill you?" And has Jeff ever asked me to stop calling him by his given name? If he did, I wouldn't.

On the other hand, I've told your Mormon "bud" many times to stop using my name - and he's ignored the request, and futhermore, has gotten off on posting other names I have used on the net. For what purpose? I know for a fact that you use "Sir" over here on Jill's site, and another name over on CARM (where I have you on ignore). I really don't call what you call yourself here or on CARM or on MDD. Your choice. But somehow your "bud" doesn't get it. Somehow he feels justified in his..........

Har***ment.
    Last edited by Apologette; 10-05-2012 at 12:13 PM.

RealFakeHair

Default If any one wants to stalk me.......

If any young female between the age of 18-30, wish to stalk me please send picture first.

Sir

Have I ever told Jeff, "hey we won't kill you?"
    Dunno. But that isn't even remotely part of this conversation. This conversation was about the use of someone's name in a forum, remember?

And has Jeff every asked me to stop calling him by his given name? If he did, I wouldn't.
    But your OP and contention was, "I have never given a Mormon permission to do so, and I consider that type of behavior to be threatening and menacing."

Knowing Jeff, he does not acknowledge one way or the other when you call him Jeff, even when he is posting as Knox. He is not petty or whines about what treatment his name gets. He has never explicitly given you permission to use his name, and he is not so paranoid or bothered by it that he doesn't explicitly ask people to stop. He is a mature person who simply ignores such trivial things.

So by your own standard you are menacing and intimidating him.

It really is funny to see how you spin this, though. Bravo!!

Dunno. But that isn't even remotely part of this conversation. This conversation was about the use of someone's name in a forum, remember?

But your OP and contention was, "I have never given a Mormon permission to do so, and I consider that type of behavior to be threatening and menacing."

Knowing Jeff, he does not acknowledge one way or the other when you call him Jeff, even when he is posting as Knox. He is not petty or whines about what treatment his name gets. He has never explicitly given you permission to use his name, and he is not so paranoid or bothered by it that he doesn't explicitly ask people to stop. He is a mature person who simply ignores such trivial things.

So by your own standard you are menacing and intimidating him.

It really is funny to see how you spin this, though. Bravo!!

So, you think cyber stalking is just hunky dory as long as a Mormon does it? Well, you're just like the Masons, aren't you.......but of course, you took the same vows, of course you are!

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    If any young female between the age of 18-30, wish to stalk me please send picture first.
    If you're a RM, the Mormon gals will comply. Best thing for them to do is get married and start producing more Mormons.

Sir

So, you think cyber stalking is just hunky dory as long as a Mormon does it? Well, you're just like the Masons, aren't you.......but of course, you took the same vows, of course you are!
    Hmmm, that's your response to what I wrote? I guess reading comprehension isn't your forte.

Lemme dumb it down for you:

- You whine that using a poster's name w/o permission is menacing and intimidation.

- You complain that PaPa has done this to you.

- You do this very thing to the poster "Knox" by calling him Jeff

You are therefore a whiney hypocrite who cries foul when someone else does what you are doing yourself.

LOL

Hmmm, that's your response to what I wrote? I guess reading comprehension isn't your forte.

Lemme dumb it down for you:

- You whine that using a poster's name w/o permission is menacing and intimidation.

- You complain that PaPa has done this to you.

- You do this very thing to the poster "Knox" by calling him Jeff

You are therefore a whiney hypocrite who cries foul when someone else does what you are doing yourself.

LOL
    Why don't you ask Jeff why? He should be the one complaining not one of his sidekicks in the cult. Now, try to deal with what goes on here, on this site, or get lost. Why do you use multiple names? Shouldn't you tell Papa that it's wrong to complain about that? Or are you such a hypocrit that you can't see the issue!

Now I have to go talk to some normal people....have a nice time talking to yourself.

Sir

Why don't you ask Jeff why? He should be the one complaining not one of his sidekicks in the cult.
    You're confused. It is only YOU that seems to be complaining about this. In fact, you created this thread devoted to it.

Why do you use multiple names?

I don't. When you ***ume.....

Shouldn't you tell Papa that it's wrong to complain about that? Or are you such a hypocrit that you can't see the issue!
    If I don't do something, not telling someone else to not it does not make me a hypocrite.

Now I have to go talk to some normal people....have a nice time talking to yourself.
    Zing!!! LOL....I was talking to you and you were responding. I guess that makes you....well.....but thanks for showing us your jesus....rotten fruits.
    Last edited by Sir; 10-05-2012 at 01:48 PM.

James Banta

You're confused. It is only YOU that seems to be complaining about this. In fact, you created this thread devoted to it.

I don't. When you ***ume.....

If I don't do something, not telling someone else to not it does not make me a hypocrite.

Zing!!! LOL....I was talking to you and you were responding. I guess that makes you....well.....but thanks for showing us your jesus....rotten fruits.

I can't say I didn't try to use a different name here and a different name on CARM.. It dis work for me.. I don't see the use of it.. But you seem to be able to do so.. I know that you name isn't Sir.. So you are using different names.. I guess being able to mask yourself in false names is what your jesus teaches you to do.. The word hypocrite over this S T U P I D complaint is resounding in my mind.. IHS jim

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I can't say I didn't try to use a different name here and a different name on CARM.. It dis work for me.. I don't see the use of it.. But you seem to be able to do so.. I know that you name isn't Sir.. So you are using different names.. I guess being able to mask yourself in false names is what your jesus teaches you to do.. The word hypocrite over this S T U P I D complaint is resounding in my mind.. IHS jim
    So because I use a moniker instead of my real name it means I have a false Jesus?

Buwahahahaha........

Thank you Ancient Mariner (aka. James Banta). Be sure to let "Apologette" know that, k?

Oh, and since you seemed to fail the comprehension thing too, go back and realize that it is Apologette who started complaining about names. It was Apologette that brought up the idea that I use multiple names.

Basically, your complaint is with her, not me. Not sure how I can be a hypocrite for simply responding to one of your fellow anti-mormon's charges.

But knowing you needed to release some angst, no matter how misdirected, I forgive you.

RealFakeHair

Default Yes, that's correct.

So because I use a moniker instead of my real name it means I have a false Jesus?

Buwahahahaha........

Thank you Ancient Mariner (aka. James Banta). Be sure to let "Apologette" know that, k?

Oh, and since you seemed to fail the comprehension thing too, go back and realize that it is Apologette who started complaining about names. It was Apologette that brought up the idea that I use multiple names.

Basically, your complaint is with her, not me. Not sure how I can be a hypocrite for simply responding to one of your fellow anti-mormon's charges.

But knowing you needed to release some angst, no matter how misdirected, I forgive you.
    Yes, because you use moniker you have a mormon fake jesus.
    I too fail the comprehension thingie.
    I do not have multiple names, only mulitple personalities.
    I too am a hypocriter; yes that is a word, really.
    As of this date, I know of no responds Sir, has ever made to the false prophet Joseph Smith jr. And his imaginary mind.
    Basically,lly, Sir, is less than a Her, but I can't know that for sure. It depends on whether or not you consider female lesser than male, or one red female greater that one white female?
    As for me I love all females, red, yellow, black or white and delightsome.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Yes, because you use moniker you have a mormon fake jesus.

Awesome.

I too fail the comprehension thingie.
    I do not have multiple names, only mulitple personalities.
    I too am a hypocriter; yes that is a word, really.
    As of this date, I know of no responds Sir, has ever made to the false prophet Joseph Smith jr. And his imaginary mind.
    Basically,lly, Sir, is less than a Her, but I can't know that for sure. It depends on whether or not you consider female lesser than male, or one red female greater that one white female?
    As for me I love all females, red, yellow, black or white and delightsome.
    Um....wow.....

RealFakeHair

Default I do thank you.

Awesome.

Um....wow.....
    Now go and have a wonderful weekend, U hear.

James Banta

Buwahahahaha........

I quoted that false jesus stuff directly from you as you told Apologette that is what her Jesus told her to do.. I turned it back on you, That is all I did there.. If that is what you meant to say when you said it then that is what I am saying now..

I admitted to using that name on CARM for a while.. It didn't work for me.. I didn't like it.. I am not ashamed of using my real name when I defend my faith in God, His word, or His provision for my salvation.. You on the other hand very will might be ashamed of mormonism.. I know I sure would be if I had to defend it..

As you use a FALSE NAME to hide your real name from the world and attack other for doing the same thing the word hypocrite comes into my mind.. I don't care if you want to hide you iden***y or not but to do so and then attack others for doing the same thing is the actions of a hypocrite.

Thank you for your forgiveness.. You can have mine anytime you ask for it.. IHS jim

Pa Pa

Acient Mariner?

Sir

As you use a FALSE NAME to hide your real name from the world and attack other for doing the same thing the word hypocrite comes into my mind.. I don't care if you want to hide you iden***y or not but to do so and then attack others for doing the same thing is the actions of a hypocrite.

Thank you for your forgiveness.. You can have mine anytime you ask for it.. IHS jim
    Would you kindly show us where I have attacked anyone for using a moniker?

Obviously that would be pretty silly of me if I did that, so i would like for you to substantiate your wild accusation.

I know you can't...or won't.

What do you call someone who makes a false accusation against another?

Libby

Billy has used my real name on this board a few times. He got it off of Russ' website. I had to complain to Jill before he would stop doing it.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Billy has used my real name on this board a few times. He got it off of Russ' website. I had to complain to Jill before he would stop doing it.
    Libby your name was signed at the bottom of your testimony that you gave coming out of Mormonism so I hardly thought you were keeping it a secret. Some people give out their real names and others do not. And no you didn't have to complain to Jill all you had to do was simply ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    It is beyond comprehension that the owners of this forum allow a Hindu to post on the Mormonism section. Your interference bespeaks your lost state. You have denied not only Jesus Christ, but the false prophet Joseph Smith, in favor of some bizarre "guru" who tells you everything is a gigantic dream. You have no right or reason to post here, unless it is your goal to attack Christianity and Christians (as do other apostates), and side with the enemies of Christ. You are reprobate, or as the Scriptures state:

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. ***us 1:16

New Advent.org:

"Perfidiĉ is the complete and voluntary abandonment of the Christian religion, whether the apostate embraces another religion such as Paganism, Judaism, Mohammedanism, etc., or merely makes profession of Naturalism, Rationalism, etc. The heretic differs from the apostate in that he only denies one or more of the doctrines of revealed religion, whereas the apostate denies the religion itself, a sin which has always been looked upon as one of the most grievous. The "Shepherd" of Hermas, a work written in Rome in the middle of the second century, states positively that there is no forgiveness for those who have wilfully denied the Lord. [Similit. ix. 26, 5; Funk, Opera Patrum apostolicorum (Tübingen, 1887), I, 547]. Apostasy belonged, therefore, to the cl*** of sins for which the Church imposed perpetual penance and excommunication without hope of pardon, leaving the forgiveness of the sin to God alone."
    Last edited by Apologette; 10-06-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    Acient Mariner?
    So what? Are you that petty, such an arrogant "priest" of Mormonism, that you now can judge everybody's usage of a pen name (or pseudonym)? Where do you get your "authority" to judge another man's servant - for Jim is Christ's servant, and you serve the Enemy of Christ.

"Perfidiĉ is the complete and voluntary abandonment of the Christian religion, whether the apostate embraces another religion such as Paganism, Judaism, Mohammedanism, etc., or merely makes profession of Naturalism, Rationalism, etc. The heretic differs from the apostate in that he only denies one or more of the doctrines of revealed religion, whereas the apostate denies the religion itself, a sin which has always been looked upon as one of the most grievous. The "Shepherd" of Hermas, a work written in Rome in the middle of the second century, states positively that there is no forgiveness for those who have wilfully denied the Lord. [Similit. ix. 26, 5; Funk, Opera Patrum apostolicorum (Tübingen, 1887), I, 547]. Apostasy belonged, therefore, to the cl*** of sins for which the Church imposed perpetual penance and excommunication without hope of pardon, leaving the forgiveness of the sin to God alone." New Advent.org speaking of the early church's at***ude toward apostates.