Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The Problem of Hell

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    Ok, so, you ARE LDS. Got it. It IS interesting that Romans 3:10 seems to repeat itself stating "there are NONE righteous" and then again "No, not one." I will leave ALL judgement to God, and especially babies.
    Sounds good. Because that means you will leave judgment regarding whether LDS are Christians, whether they really have a false Christ, etc., to God. Quite refreshing, actually, to see people taking such a non-judgmental stance. Kudos to you.

jdjhere

I hate to burst your bubble about any ideas about me Phoenix but I have to be honest. I am talking about judgement after we, or babies, have died, Phoenix. I am called to "test ALL things and hold fast to that which is good" and it is my duty as a Christian to warn about false doctrine and false ideas about who God is. Phoenix- think about it. Joseph Smith judged the ENTIRE Christian Church, all of its clergy, therefore all of its members the clergy had been teaching, when he declared "I was told to join NONE of them" and that they were "ALL an abomination to God." I am not judging YOU and never will. I don't even know you. But Joseph Smith judged US, the Church. Most LDS I know are very nice, respectable people, at least on the surface. That does NOT prove Truth of doctrine, however. I do not believe the Gospel EVER needed to be restored and actually, what Joseph Smith did was try to re-write it and make it into something it is NOT. So, hopefully we can still talk respectfully to each other and discuss differences respectfully and openly. But be warned- I DO believe you have a "different" Jesus and "another" gospel, which is really no gospel at all. I say this just as respectfully as Joseph Smith said it to the Christian Church of his time.

Joseph Smith didn't say that you aren't a Christian. If you want to see REAL invective against Christendom in general, for having gone astray after the end of the Apostolic Era, then see what Pastors Williams and Wesley said about it. Here's Wesley:

2. It does not appear that these extraordinary gifts of the Holy Ghost were common in the church for more than two or three centuries We seldom hear of them after that fatal period when the Emperor Constantine called himself a Christian, and from a vain imagination of promoting the Christian cause thereby heaped riches, and power, and honour, upon the Christians in general; but in particular upon the Christian clergy. From this time they almost totally ceased; very few instances of the kind were found. The cause of this was not (as has been vulgarly supposed,) "because there was no more occasion for them," because all the world was become Christian. This is a miserable mistake; not a twentieth part of it was then nominally Christian. The real cause was, "the love of many," almost of all Christians, so called, was "waxed cold." The Christians had no more of the Spirit of Christ than the other Heathens. The Son of Man, when he came to examine his Church, could hardly "find faith upon earth." This was the real cause why the extraordinary gifts of the Holy Ghost were no longer to be found in the Christian Church -- because the Christians were turned Heathens again, and had only a dead form left.

What the "founder" of Mormonism said about Christendom starting to believe in false creeds is tame in comparison to what the founder Methodism said about Christendom.

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Joseph Smith didn't say that you aren't a Christian. If you want to see REAL invective against Christendom in general, for having gone astray after the end of the Apostolic Era, then see what Pastors Williams and Wesley said about it. Here's Wesley:

2. It does not appear that these extraordinary gifts of the Holy Ghost were common in the church for more than two or three centuries We seldom hear of them after that fatal period when the Emperor Constantine called himself a Christian, and from a vain imagination of promoting the Christian cause thereby heaped riches, and power, and honour, upon the Christians in general; but in particular upon the Christian clergy. From this time they almost totally ceased; very few instances of the kind were found. The cause of this was not (as has been vulgarly supposed,) "because there was no more occasion for them," because all the world was become Christian. This is a miserable mistake; not a twentieth part of it was then nominally Christian. The real cause was, "the love of many," almost of all Christians, so called, was "waxed cold." The Christians had no more of the Spirit of Christ than the other Heathens. The Son of Man, when he came to examine his Church, could hardly "find faith upon earth." This was the real cause why the extraordinary gifts of the Holy Ghost were no longer to be found in the Christian Church -- because the Christians were turned Heathens again, and had only a dead form left.

What the "founder" of Mormonism said about Christendom starting to believe in false creeds is tame in comparison to what the founder Methodism said about Christendom.
    This is very interesting. My ancestors were followers of John Wesley. My great great grandfather had to flee Ireland because of religious persecution. He came to the American west (at that time - which was Indiana) and built (and became Pastor of) a log cabin church, which still stands in Turkey Run State Park. It's pretty cool.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    This is very interesting. My ancestors were followers of John Wesley. My great great grandfather had to flee Ireland because of religious persecution. He came to the American west (at that time - which was Indiana) and built (and became Pastor of) a log cabin church, which still stands in Turkey Run State Park. It's pretty cool.
    Here is something cool too. I performed a wedding in the same chapel John Wesley preached in.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Here is something cool too. I performed a wedding in the same chapel John Wesley preached in.
    That's nothing: I watched a movie that had a guy named Ron Weasley in it.

jdjhere

THATS nothing. Ron Weasley is my UNCLE. (not really)

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Are you an ordained minister??

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    That's nothing: I watched a movie that had a guy named Ron Weasley in it.
    Aye! lol

alanmolstad

Typical....

everyone posts during the week, and thats the one time I have no time to post at all....(I only have the weekends to play here)

Libby

Hi Alan!

alanmolstad

still fighting the good fight?

Libby

I think so, yes....in my own way.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I think so, yes....in my own way.
    at 3:08 am in the morning?.....you are the early bird!

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    at 3:08 am in the morning?.....you are the early bird!
    Actually, it was 2:08 am Pacific Time and I wasn't up early, I was up late. I'm pretty much a night owl, since I retired. Bedtime is usually between 1 and 2 am.