Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Did Jesus Sin?

Valentinus

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    The same one that is technically defined as LDS which is the Utah based sect.
    No offense, but that is typical. I'm not a member of any of those groups. Mormon, for me, is someone who has theological ties to the Restoration. However, I do understand your perspective.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Valentinus View Post
    I'm not a member of any of those groups. Mormon, for me, is someone who has theological ties to the Restoration.
    But if you believe in the restoration how can you reject the belief of priesthood restoration and the need for LDS baptism via that authority etc.?

Valentinus

But if you believe in the restoration how can you reject the belief of priesthood restoration and the need for LDS baptism via that authority etc.?
    I believe that there were incorrect teachings. Priesthood restoration, I do believe, despite what I have heard some claim about Hebrews 7.

Billyray

I believe that there were incorrect teachings. Priesthood restoration, I do believe, despite what I have heard some claim about Hebrews 7.
    And if you believe in priesthood restoration how can you receive that priesthood or the benefits without belonging to the authorized church whether that be the SLC Mormons or the FLDS etc.?

James Banta

What cons***utes a good commentary? One in which you agree with because it makes sense to you? I sometimes like Matthew Henry's commentary.
    A commentary from a well studied teacher who stays as close to what the word teaches as is possible while opening up the fullness of it's meaning. If a commentator teaches that Jesus is a creation and not God, that would be a problem.. IHS jim

Valentinus

And if you believe in priesthood restoration how can you receive that priesthood or the benefits without belonging to the authorized church whether that be the SLC Mormons or the FLDS etc.?
    I'm not a priesthood holder at all.

Valentinus

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    A commentary from a well studied teacher who stays as close to what the word teaches as is possible while opening up the fullness of it's meaning. If a commentator teaches that Jesus is a creation and not God, that would be a problem.. IHS jim
    So...preferably not someone who is Reformed or Acts 29 Reformed. Don't want none of that mess.

Billyray

I'm not a priesthood holder at all.
    But I was asking you if you believe in what Joseph Smith taught--and that would include the restoration of the priesthood--what good are your beliefs if you don't receive the blessings/ordinances that come with that restored priesthood?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by TheSword99 View Post
    In another thread it has been insinuated that Jesus Christ was a sinner. Is this what Mormonism teaches?
    from what i have learned...its been on a mormon talk show that the father may have sinned

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by glm1978 View Post
    Bruce McConkie:

The man who became the Father was not eternal God. Since he died, he needed to be "resurrected". And once being a sinner, he needed "salvation". That is the theology system of Mormonism.

Guess the last laugh is on you...lol
    Bruce McConkie is wrong.....way, way wrong.

Anyone who tries to defend such a false teacher is also wrong....anyone who listens to such a teacher is going to end up wrong.
    The teachings of McConkie are not based on the God of the Bible...and therefore are not to be believed nor trusted.

It also seems clear to me that the person of Bruce McConkie should be considered a "False teacher" and treated as being someone we should drive out of an leadership position over others that might trust him based on his office.