Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: An Example

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    And wait....and wait....and wait....

I think the mormons are on a break.. Maybe they have all gone to CARM.. when they get bounced again they will be back.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

Default Or maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I think the mormons are on a break.. Maybe they have all gone to CARM.. when they get bounced again they will be back.. IHS jim
    Perhaps they are hiding with Romney, and wondering why their mormon god sent Sandy just at the wrong time.
    Who would have thought the mormon god prefered a muslin over a mormon?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Perhaps they are hiding with Romney, and wondering why their mormon god sent Sandy just at the wrong time.
    Who would have thought the mormon god prefered a muslin over a mormon?
    One anti Christian that holds that good is evil and evil is good is as bad ans another to me.. The WORLD is an evil place.. Both the mormon and the Muslim were poor choices.. All we as Christian can do is keep our eyes on Jesus and point others to Him as their ONLY HOPE.. IHS jim

jdjhere

And when TheWay comes back we can start a new thread and he can answer this too:
    TheWay stated (post #78 in another thread) "Great... I've been to plenty of digs in South America and have tons of Precolumbian artifacts from the Book of Mormon times (most from Peru). The average price I have put on them is about 2000$ I have some nice stone war club heads and stone throwing slings, used by the Lamanites, Lots of pottery and textiles from the Nephites etc... Care to purchase any? Which one would you like?

This was a question of "Where is the Hill Cumorah" that NO LDS seems to want to deal with. If it is in NY, why not dig it up to PROVE to critics once and for all there was a great war there? I can hardly see how joseph smith went to Peru every time he went to the "hill Cumorah"...

This is why I say the LDS NEVER answer my questions, they just conveniently leave and then show up posting in another thread. THAT is why I don't come here much anymore.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    And when TheWay comes back we can start a new thread and he can answer this too:
    TheWay stated (post #78 in another thread) "Great... I've been to plenty of digs in South America and have tons of Precolumbian artifacts from the Book of Mormon times (most from Peru). The average price I have put on them is about 2000$ I have some nice stone war club heads and stone throwing slings, used by the Lamanites, Lots of pottery and textiles from the Nephites etc... Care to purchase any? Which one would you like?

This was a question of "Where is the Hill Cumorah" that NO LDS seems to want to deal with. If it is in NY, why not dig it up to PROVE to critics once and for all there was a great war there? I can hardly see how joseph smith went to Peru every time he went to the "hill Cumorah"...

This is why I say the LDS NEVER answer my questions, they just conveniently leave and then show up posting in another thread. THAT is why I don't come here much anymore.
    The Hill Cumorah exists just like the plates exist.. It is a fine example of the mythical thinking of Joseph Smith.. That which the LDS call the Hill Cumorah couldn't be the right hill because there is a remarkable lack of evidence per-Columbian artifacts being located there.. If the story had any truth to it the plates would have been presented to Smith there nit dug up from it.. This has more to do with his life as a money digger and less as a prophet.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    here is one more example of the poor Biblical interpretation of the LDS

Gen 6:2
    That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Almost to a person the LDS will say "Angels came to earth and fathered a race .....
    While Im not at all interested in what the Mormons may or may not teach on Genesis 6..I am interested that someone talk about what is really being taught in this verse at Gen 6:2

The way to approach this verse is to use it in context of the verses that came before it.
    if you dont do this, and if you just drop on this verse from out of nowhere then you can get very mixed up as to what it is teaching.

however, lets back-up in Genesis and notice what is actually the correct "CONTEXT" so as to understand the correct meanings.

In Genesis 3 mankind falls in the Garden.

In Genesis 4 we read about the first murder. Following this we follow the line of sons in Cain's family tree.
    As we read about the children of Cain we come to yet another murder , cursings, and polygamy.....(So this shows you how far down this side of the human race has fallen)

However right at the ending of Genesis 4 we read about a different family tree of mankind, starting with the birth of Seth.

In Genesis 5 we begin to see just how different this family is compared to the other family stemming from Cain.
    In Seth's family we see men "Calling on the Lord" and this holy reliance on God grows and grows and shows up in the life of Enoch, who is said to "Walk with God"|

Now we have the correct context to move next to Genesis 6,,,where once again we see two very different family trees being talked about.

The Context of Genesis 6 is building on the same topics and subjects and people we were dealing with in Genesis 3, 4, and 5.

There are clearly two DIFFERENT families being talked about here.
    Cain's side, being evil
    Seth's side being godly.

Thus when we come to a verse that talks about the "Sons of God" we can clearly understand that we are only talking about the godly family of Seth.
    And also when we are talking about "Daughters of men" we understand this to be just a name for the children of Cain.

So, the evil side of mankind was bad enough, but when it started to intermarry with the good side it caused the whole of humanity to slide into darkness and evil.
    The good side did not make the bad side "better" , rather the goodness of Seth's family was deluded and removed.

Only evilness remained.

This is why we read the very sad words of God about men - "My Spirit will not contend with humans ..."
    This statement is a judgement by God on what men had done to themselves.
    The goodness had been lost....we had become only a force of evil on the face of the earth.

So now we can see that when you look at Genesis 6 in the correct context of it being read in connection with Genesis 4and 5 before it, that there is No Need For Angels in this story.
    Genesis 6 is about humans, not angels.