Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Being Born-Again Irrelevant?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by TheSword99 View Post
    Life is way too short to carry on such petty bickering..
    Again you fail to understand, the ignore setting of this forum ENDS bickering!

You lower the boom on a pester that shows bad manners and all the pointless bickering comes to a complete stop.

Billy knows this for a fact too....I put him on ignore and that killed the arguement, and not another word of his was again to appear on my computer screen, nor will it ever again.
    From my point of view, he no longer exists.

I always warn people.

They know what to do , or not to do.
    Thus there is none to blame for the outcome but themselves.

BOOM!....In one move the whole argument over!
    bickering over,
    hurt feelings- OVER!

After I warn people I always try to re-introduce the real topic so that the person can take the hint and move on.
    But some people just cant take a hint....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 11-18-2012 at 09:17 AM.

alanmolstad

And oh and by the way...the Thief on the cross died under the NEW covenant....not the old....see John 19:32

Sir

I started this thread in the hopes that the lds could tell us how they define being "born again."
    That's fine.

But you started the thread with a quote from me, but your quote of me is out of context and you distorted its true meaning.

Just trying to help you make it honest, if you care to be seen as honest.

Again, alan was asked in another thread (and here too) if he was born-again. He claimed that was personal information and that such a topic was irrelevant. So I stated that the topic of being born-again as being irrelevant is hilarious (since it definitely is relevant and inportant!).

But even here, alan is not only refusing to answer such a simple question, he has chosen to argue, cause discord, and to make his silly threats of ignoring everyone that doesn't see things his way or that rubs him the wrong way. I'm quite surprised he has ANYONE left to converse with that isn't on his ignore list that he brags about so frequently.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Billy knows this for a fact too....I put him on ignore and that killed the arguement, and not another word of his was again to appear on my computer screen, nor will it ever again.
    From my point of view, he no longer exists.

Now, glm is on ignore for alan. I would say of the 4 non-LDS posters who post here anymore, alan only has about 2 left that "exist" to him.

This is why alan keeps responding to threads that were started in 2009!!!

LOL

He has everyone ignored so now he goes and answers threads from 3 years ago to posters who no longer even post here.

More proof this forum is almost dead and even the owner hasn't logged in since October 4th. LOL

TheSword99

And oh and by the way...the Thief on the cross died under the NEW covenant....not the old....see John 19:32

Yes, we KNOW the thief died under the New Covenant. But you tried to make a case saying that since the thief never said he was born again, neither do you have to. The thief was alive only during the Old Covenant, wasn't he? The apostles had not yet preached what Christ taught them.

By the way that you have treated Erik and glm and ran smear campaigns in the hopes of destroying their character, would you say that is being Christ-like? You never even said you were sorry that Erik p***ed away. Instead you ranted and raved and told me he deserved the treatment you gave him. I have never met a christian who refused to answer, yes or no, if he is born again. If you feel it's too personal to share what faith you belong to and if your saved or not, then either you aren't saved or you are ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

TheSword99

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    That's fine.

But you started the thread with a quote from me, but your quote of me is out of context and you distorted its true meaning.

Again, alan was asked in another thread (and here too) if he was born-again. He claimed that was personal information and that such a topic was irrelevant. So I stated that the topic of being born-again as being irrelevant is hilarious (since it definitely is relevant and inportant!).

But even here, alan is not only refusing to answer such a simple question, he has chosen to argue, cause discord, and to make his silly threats of ignoring everyone that doesn't see things his way or that rubs him the wrong way. I'm quite surprised he has ANYONE left to converse with that isn't on his ignore list that he brags about so frequently.
    I apologize that I misunderstood the meaning of your post.

alanmolstad

....The thief was alive only during the Old Covenant, wasn't he? .

wrong...I gave you the answer and the verse that supports it....now go check it out...

alanmolstad

You never even said you were sorry that Erik p***ed away......

What do you want...a tissue?

Erik crossed the line with me...
    I warned him....
    I warned him and warned him, but he would not listen and so I put him on ignore...

But thats all I did too.

The story ended there.

I didnt have to attack him personally,
    I didnt have to respond to him.
    I didn't have to say another word to him, or about him...

He no longer appeared on my screen, so he did not exist as far as I was concerned.

I never gave him another thought after I added him to the list.

And thats the thing I want to point out now...
    Thats the beauty of adding trouble makers to your ignore list and why I always suggest it for anyone that is having a problem with another member of the form...because it ENDS the problem!

Boom!....end of story,

Is that not so much better than the endless arguing and the endless bickering?

So I did the right thing.

I added his name to the list and I never saw another word he posted, nor did I ever bother to respond to another one of his rants.......

In other words...the ignore list worked like a CHARM!

Sir

What do you want...a tissue?

Erik crossed the line with me...
    I warned him....
    I warned him and warned him, but he would not listen and so I put him on ignore...

But thats all I did too.

The story ended there.

I didnt have to attack him personally,
    I didnt have to respond to him.
    I didn't have to say another word to him, or about him...

He no longer appeared on my screen, so he did not exist as far as I was concerned.

I never gave him another thought after I added him to the list.

And thats the thing I want to point out now...
    Thats the beauty of adding trouble makers to your ignore list and why I always suggest it for anyone that is having a problem with another member of the form...because it ENDS the problem!

Boom!....end of story,

Is that not so much better than the endless arguing and the endless bickering?

So I did the right thing.

I added his name to the list and I never saw another word he posted, nor did I ever bother to respond to another one of his rants.......

In other words...the ignore list worked like a CHARM!
    This is a great example of the type of 'christianity' that is supposedly what we LDS are supposed to renounce our faith for.

The gospel of "you offended me", of "holding grudges" and of "oh, so a guy that offended me died? What do you want, a tissue?"

Great example of what NOT to follow.

alanmolstad

Notice what the text says...

The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs

The Thief on the cross lived when?, before or after the death of Christ on the cross for our sins?

Truly the Thief repented of his sins, and turned to the lord .
    This is the outward sign we are looking for to KNOW that this man was truly "born again"

This is what it looks like...

this is a very good example to study...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 11-19-2012 at 09:32 PM.

TheSword99

Not one lds will even tell us their definition of "born again."

James Banta

Not one lds will even tell us their definition of "born again."
    I will do something they hate. I will tell you what they believe being Born Again is..

God requires that one be born again—born of water and of the Spirit (see John 3:3–5). His teaching about a physical and a spiritual baptism helps us understand that both our own action and the intervention of divine power are needed for this transformative rebirth (D. Todd Christofferson, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, April 2008 General Conference, http://www.lds.org/general-conferenc...again?lang=eng)

Ok so being Born again in mormonism is a accomplishment not just of God but also of the individual in conforming themselves to the commandments of God. A person MUST endure to the end in righteousness (Something I have never heard any LDS tell me they are doing) to be born again.. I could have said that they see being Born again as their baptism but that is only the beginning. That means in this life no mormon can be born again.. They MUST deny the teaching of Jesus AGAIN and hold that being Born Again is not something that can be done in this world. BUT WAIT, IF THEY DON'T ENDURE TO THE END, which they don't, THEY CAN'T BE BORN AGAIN.. It would seem that mormonism is a path to ****ation not to life.. IHS jim

TheSword99

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I will do something they hate. I will tell you what they believe being Born Again is..

God requires that one be born again—born of water and of the Spirit (see John 3:3–5). His teaching about a physical and a spiritual baptism helps us understand that both our own action and the intervention of divine power are needed for this transformative rebirth (D. Todd Christofferson, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, April 2008 General Conference, http://www.lds.org/general-conferenc...again?lang=eng)

Ok so being Born again in mormonism is a accomplishment not just of God but also of the individual in conforming themselves to the commandments of God. A person MUST endure to the end in righteousness (Something I have never heard any LDS tell me they are doing) to be born again.. I could have said that they see being Born again as their baptism but that is only the beginning. That means in this life no mormon can be born again.. They MUST deny the teaching of Jesus AGAIN and hold that being Born Again is not something that can be done in this world. BUT WAIT, IF THEY DON'T ENDURE TO THE END, which they don't, THEY CAN'T BE BORN AGAIN.. It would seem that mormonism is a path to ****ation not to life.. IHS jim
    So, if being born again is impossible to do in this world, then how is that Christ commanded we must be born again or we cannot see the kingdom of God? The Holy Bible clearly teaches that no unregenerate person will be in heaven.

James Banta

So, if being born again is impossible to do in this world, then how is that Christ commanded we must be born again or we cannot see the kingdom of God? The Holy Bible clearly teaches that no unregenerate person will be in heaven.
    THAT WASN'T LITERAL.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

Yes, we KNOW the thief died under the New Covenant. .......
    The thief was alive only during the Old Covenant, wasn't he?
    The thief on the cross was under the old covenant.
    All Im saying is what the bible tells us happened.
    The thief died after Jesus had paid the price with his blood for the sins of men.

Thus the Thief was alive under the New Covenant!

TheSword99

All Im saying is what the bible tells us happened.
    The thief died after Jesus had paid the price with his blood for the sins of men.

Thus the Thief was alive under the New Covenant!
    Why do you still insist on using the thief to justify your own refusal to say whether or not you are born again? Anyway, you are now permanently blocked. You think by answering every thread that your words will prove anything. I have never in my whole life met a truly saved Christian refuse to tell the world that he is BORN AGAIN.

alanmolstad

The Thief on the cross is a very good image of how people come to salvation.

This is why I like to refer to the story of the Thief on the cross, because it's a stripped-down story of a man turning to the Lord and putting his eternal fate in the Lord's hands.

This is also why the people that are determined to place a wall of rules between the sinner and their Lord hate the story of the Thief on the cross.

The people that want salvation to be complicated hate the idea that a guy can just have a simple faith in Christ, and that is enough for them to be saved.

The rule makers want there to be all kinds of things that people need to "say" to prove they are saved.

Or...

Or they want there to be all kinds of "works" that a person must perform in order to be saved.

The CULTs hate the idea of a simple faith that we find in the words of the Thief on the cross, because the CULTs always want there to be a special procedure to getting saved.
    The CULTS want people to feel uncertain that are saved, and thus need to work as hard as they can to push the ideas of the CULT in order to earn their salvation.

This is also why the CULTs normally also hate he idea of having confidence in your salvation.
    CULTS like to push the idea that "You can never be 100% sure" because that keeps people in the CULT from thinking for themselves, or seeking the Lord outside the teachings of the CULT leaders.

Most all CULTS hate the concept of "Once saved/Forever safe" as it means that people would not be afraid of leaving the CULT , because CULTs need people to think that only the CULT has the path to salvation...and that path can change with updated teachings all the time from the CULT's leaders.

So, this is why I like to turn people's attention to the story of the Thief on the cross to show what is the bible's example of how men are saved.

No magic words....

No magic water...

Just like we read about the Thief, a repentant heart and a confession of personal faith is the bible's guidance to our salvation.

TheSword99

That's fine.

Did I not apologize and you ignored the apology? Some of us are not above admitting when we make a mistake. However, you do ask for it by your frequent mocking, sarcasm, LOLing and failure to address the OP and discuss Mormonism...

James Banta

Did I not apologize and you ignored the apology? Some of us are not above admitting when we make a mistake. However, you do ask for it by your frequent mocking, sarcasm, LOLing and failure to address the OP and discuss Mormonism...
    I saw you apologize. I apologized for my error.. And yet there is no acceptance from sir or any of his fellow cultists.. That is the life they have made.. God bless you.. IHS jim

Sir

What are you talking about? You already replied to this post and apologized for your mistake. That was on 11/19. Not sure why you are responding to it again.

Also, I'm not sure what it is you claim I am "asking for". I'm asking for you to misrepresent me? That seems to be where the flow of this is going, and that doesn't make much sense either.

You made a mistake and apologized.

Nothing more really needed to be said.

TheSword99

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I saw you apologize. I apologized for my error.. And yet there is no acceptance from sir or any of his fellow cultists.. That is the life they have made.. God bless you.. IHS jim

It's hard to have any real discussions on here because of all the mocking. Then they get mad because we took them seriously when they were actually being sarcastic.

I guess if I were lds and believed I could be a god someday on my very own planet, I would feel above others. If I was always taught that I am a member of the One True Church, I would be smug too.That is why I started the "Fear Of God" thread. I do not see the lds as having this reverence.
    Last edited by TheSword99; 11-25-2012 at 04:26 AM.

glm1978

What are you talking about? You already replied to this post and apologized for your mistake. That was on 11/19. Not sure why you are responding to it again.

Also, I'm not sure what it is you claim I am "asking for". I'm asking for you to misrepresent me? That seems to be where the flow of this is going, and that doesn't make much sense either.

You made a mistake and apologized.

Nothing more really needed to be said.
    Are you born again?

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by glm1978 View Post
    Are you born again?
    Of course.

Sir

It's hard to have any real discussions on here because of all the mocking.
    Then maybe you critics ought to stop the mocking.

Then they get mad because we took them seriously when they were actually being sarcastic.
    Nobody is "mad". And what I said wasn't "sarcastic". You misunderstood my comment in the context that it was in. That doesn't mean my comment was sarcastic but rather you misunderstood it.

I guess if I were lds and believed I could be a god someday on my very own planet, I would feel above others.
    See? You didn't get very far from accusing LDS of mocking to actually being the mocker yourself.

If I was always taught that I am a member of the One True Church, I would be smug too.
    You are in a forum devoted to attacking others' faith. So who is really the "smug" person who believes he has the truth and the others people are hell-bound?

That is why I started the "Fear Of God" thread. I do not see the lds as having this reverence.
    Obviously in this one little post you made points and then destroyed them all by yourself. Nice ***!

glm1978

Of course.
    Then please explain how the LDS defines being "born again."