Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is Being Born-Again Irrelevant?

TheSword99

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    No, people who falsly claim to be securely saved right now are the mockers of God. Many "Christians" fall away who once said they were "saved", but the only excuse that you can give is that "they just weren't really saved in the first place". You give yourself a false sense of security and then mock God by thinking that once you've uttered the words "I believe in Jesus" that nothing you do after that will have any impact on your salvation.

That's the real mockery.
    Where does the Holy Bible say one can lose his salvation? Once were his, Jesus said nothing can snatch us from his hand. As for false sense of security, I guess you don't understand the scripture p***age I gave you.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    (By the way, did you ever get that proof for me that the artifacts you were trying to sell people were indeed from Lamanites and Nephites?? You know, the war clubs and pottery?? Just curious...)
    Um...I've no idea what you are even talking about here.

James Banta

Um...I've no idea what you are even talking about here.
    I don't blame you a bit for this denial.. It is a violation of the antiquities acts to possess such artifacts.. To bad you let it out in the first place that you have such things.. IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I don't blame you a bit for this denial.. It is a violation of the antiquities acts to possess such artifacts.. To bad you let it out in the first place that you have such things.. IHS jim
    Poor James... you are wrong yet again. Are you ever right about anything?

Not only was it not SIR who said it; but I already proved that it has nothing to do with the antiquities act since it was not done on American soil.
    America can not write laws for other countries.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Poor James... you are wrong yet again. Are you ever right about anything?

Not only was it not SIR who said it; but I already proved that it has nothing to do with the antiquities act since it was not done on American soil.
    America can not write laws for other countries.
    More wisdom from our LDS champions The antiquities act includes the importation of native American artifacts.. This not even taking into account the immorality of grave robbing still makes such activities against the law.. Poor old s t u p i d jim.. He can't get anything right.. Sure glade you are here to straighten me out.. IHS jim

Sir

I don't blame you a bit.... ( to use your words)

You are confused yet again.

Theway seems to have straightened you out (and me since I still had no idea what you guys were talking about!).

I also see that you were self-depricating, James, by calling yourself s t u p i d. But that isn't the problem. The problem is you make error after error, and in this case a pretty blatent one. Yet you don't admit to mistakes you simply try to divert the attention away from them and move on, not realizing that doing that destroys any credibility you think you have.

So when you said "Poor old s t u p i d jim.. He can't get anything right.. Sure glade[sic] you are here to straighten me out..", you should be thankful that there are still people that will give you the time of day to show you your errors for your correction.

More wisdom from our LDS champions The antiquities act includes the importation of native American artifacts.. This not even taking into account the immorality of grave robbing still makes such activities against the law.. Poor old s t u p i d jim.. He can't get anything right.. Sure glade you are here to straighten me out.. IHS jim
    Once again... NATIVE AMERICANS IN THE USA! We never did anything in the USA. Also grave robbing only applies to items under 200 years old. We had permission from all governments involved, and 95% of the artifacts went to museums; so yours is just a little wishful thinking.

Time you just stick to things you know... BTW what is it that you do know? it doesn't seem to be the LDS or the Bible!
    Last edited by theway; 12-01-2012 at 04:33 PM.

alanmolstad

kinda a dull topic here.....

Not much conversation about the bible...

jdjhere

Response to #102 Sorry Sir, it was TheWay I think. I will find it.

TheWay, did you ever get that proof for me that the artifacts you were trying to sell people were indeed from Lamanites and Nephites?? You know, the war clubs and pottery?? Just curious..

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Once again... NATIVE AMERICANS IN THE USA! We never did anything in the USA. Also grave robbing only applies to items under 200 years old. We had permission from all governments involved, and 95% of the artifacts went to museums; so yours is just a little wishful thinking.

Time you just stick to things you know... BTW what is it that you do know? it doesn't seem to be the LDS or the Bible!
    Here is a S T U P I D idea of mine.. It doesn't matter where you rob graves, it is still immoral!! I don't care of you had the permission of a government it was still immoral. I have people buried in an abandon cemetery in south western Montana. No one has used that cemetery for going on 110 years.. I don't want it touched! It is sacred ground. Even if the Government allowed robbers to come in I would be seriously offended by any such action. Their remains even the jewelry on their hands is sacred and must never be taken. Not to display for any person curiosity, and not for the curiosity of those wanting to see the possessions or remains of western pioneers displayed in some museum.. Both are immoral. Both are still robbery.. The US government has recognized that even if some of it citizens haven't.. Just because some government allows grave robbery doesn't make it moral..

I know nothing don't you remember I said I am S T U P I D.. You are the one that is smart.. Trouble is I base my doctrinal discussions on what the Bible teaches.. What do you base yours on again? Oh that's right your testimony.. Remember there is a way that SEEMS right to mere flesh but the end of that is death (Proverbs 14:12).. All you offer is what seems right to you.. Therefore all you teach is death.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 12-03-2012 at 10:47 PM.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    kinda a dull topic here.....

Not much conversation about the bible...
    No this is about the immorality of this LDS persons actions.. He should be ashamed!!! IHS jim

James Banta

Response to #102 Sorry Sir, it was TheWay I think. I will find it.

TheWay, did you ever get that proof for me that the artifacts you were trying to sell people were indeed from Lamanites and Nephites?? You know, the war clubs and pottery?? Just curious..
    The personal property of the dead? The immorality of selling them because to stole then from a grave yard.. Nasty dirty way to make money of you ask me.. Grave robbing!!! Only the lowest of the low would do such things.. It's not like opening up an ancient city and learning about a lost civilization.. He is stealing from the dead.. IHS jim

James Banta

I don't blame you a bit.... ( to use your words)

You are confused yet again.

Theway seems to have straightened you out (and me since I still had no idea what you guys were talking about!).

I also see that you were self-depricating, James, by calling yourself s t u p i d. But that isn't the problem. The problem is you make error after error, and in this case a pretty blatent one. Yet you don't admit to mistakes you simply try to divert the attention away from them and move on, not realizing that doing that destroys any credibility you think you have.

So when you said "Poor old s t u p i d jim.. He can't get anything right.. Sure glade[sic] you are here to straighten me out..", you should be thankful that there are still people that will give you the time of day to show you your errors for your correction.
    Don't bother I would never take correction from a ghoul.. IHS jim

dberrie2000

I don't mock God and I KNOW I am saved, Sir, but I am eternally grateful to Jesus Christ for saving me and what He suffered FOR ME on the cross. He offered it and I accepted it. I don't mock God, I am only grateful for Eternal Life and that Jesus Christ loved me enough to do it. It only humbles me and makes me love Him.
    Regardless of what people claim--here is the doctrine that Christ taught:

John 5:28-29----King James Version (KJV)

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.

Christ taught that all men--following death--will be judged according to works--and that for life or ****ation.

And that enduring to the end is a requirement in order to be saved:

Matthew 10:22----King James Version (KJV)

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.

Who is good according to Christ?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Who is good according to Christ?
    And how are you relating that to the fact that the Bible records Christ's testimony as all being judged according to works--after death--and that for life or ****ation?

Is this the cancel and cover program of the faith alone?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    And how are you relating that to the fact that the Bible records Christ's testimony as all being judged according to works--after death--and that for life or ****ation?
    Simple. If you take Jesus at his word that none of us are good then you will realized that our rigtheousness comes from the imputed righteousness of Christ--not our own righteousness based on our works.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Simple. If you take Jesus at his word that none of us are good then you will realized that our rigtheousness comes from the imputed righteousness of Christ--not our own righteousness based on our works.
    The mormons refuse to believe the whole Bible. Instead they go for their proof text and then they say they believe the Bible more than any other people..

The problem is more then believing that all will be judged it is for whose work we are judged for..

Isaiah 53:4-6
    Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
    But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
    All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Romans 4:22-25
    And therefore it was imputed to him (Abraham) for righteousness.
    Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
    But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
    Who was delivered for our offenses, and was raised again for our justification.

2Cor 5:21
    For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

If we believe the Bible as the LDS say they do the we must believe that on Him was all sin laid. that those who believe have been imputed with His righteousness, that we can be made the righteousness of God thus fulfilling the commandment to be perfect even as the Father in heaven is perfect..

In this when Jesus shed His blood on the cross it was the believers judgment he was taking.. We have been judged in Him, found guilty, and executed for our sin, all in Him.. And in our faith He became our sin and we become His righteousness.. That is GOOD NEWS, That is GOSPEL.. This is the message that the mormons deny. The clear message of the entire Bible.. Instead of acceting His righteousness they work hard to establish their own an will not submit to the righteousness of God. Such is the wisdom of mormonism, such in the wisdom of the world. IHS jim

TheSword99

I have been on other Mormonism forums, such as CARM, and it's unbelievable what the lds say about being born again. Some of them claim that God revealed to them that they were OK the first time! This is arrogant pride which God hates. He opposes the proud.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by TheSword99 View Post
    I have been on other Mormonism forums, such as CARM, and it's unbelievable what the lds say about being born again. Some of them claim that God revealed to them that they were OK the first time! This is arrogant pride which God hates. He opposes the proud.
    I believe it.. The god of mormonism contradicts the God of the Bible at every turn.. Jesus (the God of the Bible) tells us that we MUST BE BORN AGAIN. That our first birth, our natural birth, is NOT sufficient.. We must also be born spiritually from above..

It is important not to get these births confused with baptism. Baptism is an ordinance that is commanded by Jesus. It is as important to obey as to be honest, to love our neighbor, and obey Him.. We, his children t]should always be obedient, problem is that our flesh is at war with Him and insists on turning away from He at every opportunity.. In the newness of our spiritual birth we long to conform to Him is all our ways. This is WAR. I pray daily that the spirit wins but all to often the flesh dominates.. For this I lean on the promises of God that He has laid my sins on Jesus and given me His righteousness to replace that sin.. I, above all, need the transfusion of His righteousness constantly.. I praise Him that I have this ***urance through the New Birth.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by TheSword99 View Post
    You can block me, BillyRay, glm1978 .
    I did not block you sword....if it ever does come to that point however it will only do so because people fail to believe my warnings.

I blocked ErikErik only after I warned him and warned him and still he would not believe me....
    I blocked Billy only after I warned him and warned him and still he did not believe me or care.
    I just blocked glm1978 only after many, many warnings...

Once I block their posts from my screen like ErikErik's I really dont care what final posts they may have wanted me to receive.
    "It's too late dude"....

They had their chance, they were warned, and they decided to not pay attention to my warnings and so Im really dont care what else they might have to say to me in the future...

But in the end the people I have blocked seem to have no interest in having me read their words so I dont really mind blocking them at all.
    If they have such a point of view then better off without them I say!,,,,LOL

I think the use of the "Igrore" setting of this forum is way underused.
    This under use of IGNORE is why some forums get out of control and see all manner of personal attacks and bickerings.
    People just expect to get away with whatever they post.

When I warn someone that if they keep it up I will place their name on IGNORE they just laugh at the very suggestion.
    No one expects me to be serious because no one they run into on message forums is serious.

But Im serious.

When I warn someone that if they keep it up I will place their name on ignore Im very serious...

I always give the person an out....a way to quietly change their ways.
    But in most cases people just dont believe me....they dont have any history of seeing people on message forums sticking to their guns and requiring others to follow the agreed rules.

I require people follow the rules to have their words appear on my computer screen.

Sir

They had their chance, they were warned, and they decided to not pay attention to my warnings and so Im really dont care what else they might have to say to me in the future...

I require people follow the rules to have their words appear on my computer screen.
    God-complex.

No wonder alan is pretty much only seeing his own posts on the screen. LOL

alanmolstad

God-complex.

No wonder alan is pretty much only seeing his own posts on the screen. LOL
    its about maintaining order according to the rules that all agreed to.

We should require people to keep their word here.
    We all gave our word that we would follow a set of rules when we post here...

So it is not asking too much of people to keep their word ...

I believe in allowing people a chance to reform.
    I believe in giving people very clear warnings ahead of time so that they can find a different path out of the hole they are digging for themselves.

But I also believe in being honest with people that you see breaking the rules, or posting in ways that are offensive and not in the spirit of good conversations.
    I believe that when you bump into such people that you should be flat out honest with them and tell them that you will not allow their words to appear on your computer screen if they continue the way they are.
    and if they still keep at it, then I believe in staying true to the warnings given and placing the other person on your IGNORE list and informing the MODs of the offensive posts.

The MODs will have a look and make their own judgements as to what they think should happen....But regardless of what the MODs do or do not do, the members of this forum have the power to control who they allow on their own computer screens.

Being banned from appearing on our screens is the way we all keep rule-breakers from thinking that they can get away with posting whatever they want.

It is very shocking for some posters to run into people that actually require people to follow the rules....they can react with much sarcasm....

but in time the idea is that they will see that its a lot better to have everyone following the same rules, then it is for some people to think they dont have to.

Sir

its about maintaining order according to the rules that all agreed to.

We should require people to keep their word here.
    We all gave our word that we would follow a set of rules when we post here...

So it is not asking too much of people to keep their word ...

I believe in allowing people a chance to reform.
    I believe in giving people very clear warnings ahead of time so that they can find a different path out of the hole they are digging for themselves.

But I also believe in being honest with people that you see breaking the rules, or posting in ways that are offensive and not in the spirit of good conversations.
    I believe that when you bump into such people that you should be flat out honest with them and tell them that you will not allow their words to appear on your computer screen if they continue the way they are.
    and if they still keep at it, then I believe in staying true to the warnings given and placing the other person on your IGNORE list and informing the MODs of the offensive posts.

The MODs will have a look and make their own judgements as to what they think should happen....But regardless of what the MODs do or do not do, the members of this forum have the power to control who they allow on their own computer screens.

Being banned from appearing on our screens is the way we all keep rule-breakers from thinking that they can get away with posting whatever they want.

It is very shocking for some posters to run into people that actually require people to follow the rules....they can react with much sarcasm....

but in time the idea is that they will see that its a lot better to have everyone following the same rules, then it is for some people to think they dont have to.
    Whoa......wait a sec....just 2 days ago you said,

"I put Sir on ignore about a year ago from breaking the rules and I never heard another peep out of him....so it works like a charm and ends pointless bickering....so that is my suggestion...."

Which alan are we supposed to believe?

James Banta

Whoa......wait a sec....just 2 days ago you said,

"I put Sir on ignore about a year ago from breaking the rules and I never heard another peep out of him....so it works like a charm and ends pointless bickering....so that is my suggestion...."

Which alan are we supposed to believe?
    What is the matter with you? You would rather pick on a persons words than actually defend mormonism. You attack yes, but not our religion you attack the person that has posted.. I don't care about any error you might post here other than the error of your position on religion.. There your are always wrong.. You claim that mormonism follows the teachings of the Bible yet when I post one you don't answer..

Here is another (My favorite).. The modern LDS church teaches that there is one God and that is the Father.. In this it denies that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are God. While it is always correct to call the Father the ONLY true God, it is also correct to call Jesus the only true God for He is that. The Holy Spirit is as well.. Three person all the only true God.. Each is also Lord. To say that only the Father is God is to deny the scripture where Jesus is called God such as Isaiah 9:6. Jesus (the child born unto us) is call the Mighty God, the everlasting Father. To deny that is His position as God. He is not A god.. He is THE GOD..

Each of these divine Persons is God, they are each all the God there is or ever can be. That doesn't diminish from the Father or the Son for they all are one God. The Bible is clear about that point in Deut 6:4, and Jesus confirmed that is Mark 12:29.. God revealed to Isaiah that He is God and there is no other (Isaiah 43:10-11, 43:8). Listen even if you twist these p***ages to mean just for this world you still have a problem because the prophet you sing praises to explained that there are three Gods for this world (History of the Church, Vol 6). Either the man that is believed by the LDS to have seen God the Father and God the Son, was lying or to mormonism there are three Gods for this world. How can you even think you can escape this. Either Smith was telling the truth and today's mormonism is lying, or Smith was a false teacher and the LDS church has no right to exist at all.. Yes it's a caught 22. Mormons are lost either way.. That is the point. You need to come into reality and see that even mormonism doesn't know the true God or Jesus whom He sent. They have two conflicting teaching both claim authority from Joseph Smith. This puts a huge question mark on his call to be a prophet..

So explain how you can worm yourself out of this contradiction. You seem to stand by the teaching of the LDS church that The Father is the Father of the spirit child that became Jesus. This denying that He is God the same as the Father. You must deny the scripture that teaches that before the Father there was no God Formed and there would be no God formed after Him. Again you say that is for this world but Jesus is a God for this world and was formed AFTER the Father was already God.. A clear denial of the scripture.. Yes it's another caught 22.. Seems mormonism has locked you into many such problems in their doctrine..

Now if you hold true to form you won't care a ***tle about the content of this post.. You will either seem to ignore it of look for my weaknesses in writing skills and attacjk those.. I can't wait to find out which you choose.. IHS jim