Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Repentance

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    What is the evidence that those who obey God are not the ones who believe in Him?
    John 6
    28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
    29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

"What shall we do, that we might work the works of God" according to verse 29?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---What is the evidence that those who obey God are not the ones who believe in Him?

Luke 6:46---King James Version (KJV)

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    John 6
    28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
    29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Exactly what the scriptures state--to obey God:

Revelation 22:13-15---King James Version (KJV)

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and *****mongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Again--what is your evidence that believing in God somehow cancels out obedience to Him?

Billyray

Exactly what the scriptures state--to obey God:
    But you didn't answer my question DB. Here it is again.

John 6

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    John 6

dberrie----Exactly what the scriptures state--to obey God:

Revelation 22:13-15---King James Version (KJV)

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and *****mongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Again--what is your evidence that believing in God somehow cancels out obedience to Him?
    But you didn't answer my question DB. Here it is again.

John 6

Again--to obey God, and do His works:

James 2:20-26---King James Version (KJV)

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

You aren't thinking the belief in John6 consists of dead faith are you?

John 14:12-15---King James Version (KJV)

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Tell us, Billyray--are you attempting to separate belief and obedience to Christ? Faith from works?

Billyray

Again--to obey God, and do His works:
    John 6

And what is the work that is required according to Jesus in verse 29?

dberrie2000

John 6

The same work that God commands throughout the scriptures:

John 14:12-15---King James Version (KJV)

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also;

1 John 2:4---King James Version (KJV)

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

John 17:3---King James Version (KJV)

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Billyray

John 6

Billyray

John 6

In verse 28 those that were with Jesus asked Him, "What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

What do you think they meant when they asked Jesus "What shall we do"?