Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Awww, Shucks!

Sir

Default Awww, Shucks!

Since many of the critics here also post at CARM, thought I would share more of the funny that is at CARM. We all know that critics of the Mormons hold double-standards and are hypocritical in all that they do, so here is a funny example of that.

Critics of Mormons are always telling us when we have broken the rules of a board (like some of you will do here). They also like to then proclaim how that is just showing the rotten fruits of Mormonism. (You all have seen those posts I'm sure).

When I did that to Russ, twice, I got banned!!! LOL

Here (the 'offending' comments of mine are in bold red):

Dear Apollos,

You have received an infraction at Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat.

Reason: Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users. Rule 25: Freedom of Speech: Freedom of speech here comes with the responsibility to speak decently within the parameters of the rules.By registering you are agreeing not to be vulgar, divisive,insulting,profane, etc. (read all the rules). It helps to try and treat others as you want to be treated. (Luke 6:31)
    -------
    Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users.
    -------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=4246897

Originally Posted by russ

I need to know the right Jesus.
    At least you have now taken the first step to your problem: recognition.

Now we understand why you knowingly break the rules here and refuse to tell people what church you go to.

Rotten fruits of whatever faith you follow.
    Come to Jesus. All the best,
    Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat
    and

Dear Apollos,

You have received an infraction at Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat.

Reason: Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users. Rule 25: Freedom of Speech: Freedom of speech here comes with the responsibility to speak decently within the parameters of the rules.By registering you are agreeing not to be vulgar, divisive,insulting,profane, etc. (read all the rules). It helps to try and treat others as you want to be treated. (Luke 6:31)
    -------
    Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users.
    -------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=4246696

Yet again, Russ creates 3 new threads within 7 hours.

You did that just a couple days ago.

Why do you continue to break the rules of CARM?

Not good fruits of a "christian".
    All the best,
    Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat
    Hahahaha......so blatently hypocritical it only makes one laugh. Critics don't like to have their own words and sayings used against them. It cuts them to the core. So they have to run to mommy and tattle and try to get the comments banned and the poster banned as well.

That, more than anything else that happens around these parts, confirms to me that what I have and believe in is much more real and true than anything they have to offer.

Billyray

I noticed that you didn't address my question to you in that thread despite ample time to do so prior to you being banned. Perhaps you could answer it for me on this forum.

Why do you believe the Mormon jesus is the true Jesus since the Mormon jesus is different than the Jesus taught in the Bible?

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    I noticed that you didn't address my question to you in that thread despite ample time to do so prior to you being banned. Perhaps you could answer it for me on this forum.

Why do you believe the Mormon jesus is the true Jesus since the Mormon jesus is different than the Jesus taught in the Bible?
    I don't ride your silly merry-go-round, remember?

I realize that you will post to me there and here, trying desperately to get me to play with you, but no thanks. Been there done that.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I don't ride your silly merry-go-round, remember?

I realize that you will post to me there and here, trying desperately to get me to play with you, but no thanks. Been there done that.
    You may not even realize it but the majority of your time on this board and the other board is simply to provide jabs rather than actually discuss Mormonism. I asked you a fair question but you avoided it on CARM and you are avoiding it here. You really don't want open and honest dialogue.

Sir

You may not even realize it but the majority of your time on this board and the other board is simply to provide jabs rather than actually discuss Mormonism.
    More like point out the bankrupt state that is the anti-mormon cult.

I asked you a fair question but you avoided it on CARM and you are avoiding it here.
    All you do is ask questions. But not because you actually want an answer, but to try and score a polemical point.

You really don't want open and honest dialogue.
    Not with you. (although it is funny to see you paint your posts as being "open and honest").

I thought that was already made clear months ago.

Your merry-go-round is boring and most LDS don't like riding it anymore.

Sad to see you whining for some attention, though. Well....here you go.

James Banta

[Sir;143577]More like point out the bankrupt state that is the anti-mormon cult.
    The cult? Really? Where is the extrabiblical revelation? Where is the strong central leadership? You have been upset at Christians telling you that they belong to a Christian church without labeling it as Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, ect. My church is Sandy Ridge Community church.. Does that tell you anything about us? Can you ****on hole that a being something you can tell us you know all about? It is a small local Christian church.

All you do is ask questions. But not because you actually want an answer, but to try and score a polemical point.
    There are two reasons we ask questions. 1. Because each mormon seems to hold their own personal doctrines inspite of what is taught to the whole LDS community we wish to know what your personal beliefs actual are.. We can't address your beliefs until we know what they are.. And 2. To be thought provoking. To get us all thinking about what God has told us and compare it to the personal beliefs in reason 1.. You seem to refuse to engage in that and instead spend time crying over the perceives mistreatment you see in our questions.

I have been asked many a question by the LDS here and on CARM.. I answer fully with my Bible based beliefs. I will say it again.. I believe every word of the Bible. The OT and the New.. I believe that we have all failed to keep God's Law. I see our helplessness in reestablishing ourselves in His eyes. And I see God's plan to rescue us from our rebellion against Him. I see the examples of His wrath against sin, and His grace toward all who believe Him.

Not with you. (although it is funny to see you paint your posts as being "open and honest").

I thought that was already made clear months ago.

Your merry-go-round is boring and most LDS don't like riding it anymore.

Sad to see you whining for some attention, though. Well....here you go.

When were Christians commanded only to take the truth to the open and honest? I don't see you or any TBM as being either but that doesn't stop me from giving you the truth of His word. You still are told that we can gave everlasting life by holding faith in Jesus. Or the words of the Holy Spirit through Peter that we can Know now that we are saved and that again through faith in Jesus.. Show me where your questions to me have gone unanswered.. No you haven't always received the answers you would have hoped for but you were always answered.. Maybe a little obedience to God as the command from Him came through Peter.

1 Peter 3:15
    But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

Please don't tell me you are being obedient and then refuse to obey the word of God so clearly given to you.. Notice that the p***age doesn't say you can give the answer once, twice, or 1,000 times. It must be given to every man that asks you.. So if you would be obedient then do the easy stuff like answering every man that asks, before you tackle the hard things like Matthew 5:48.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 04-28-2013 at 09:16 AM.

dberrie2000

Since many of the critics here also post at CARM, thought I would share more of the funny that is at CARM. We all know that critics of the Mormons hold double-standards and are hypocritical in all that they do, so here is a funny example of that.

Critics of Mormons are always telling us when we have broken the rules of a board (like some of you will do here). They also like to then proclaim how that is just showing the rotten fruits of Mormonism. (You all have seen those posts I'm sure).

All LDS are usually banned for five days sooner or later--depending on how well you do on the forum. I've been banned twice for quoting James2:24. I usually don't last but a week on the forum before they ban me. I find the Carm board does very poorly when discussing the Bible--the same here.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    All LDS are usually banned for five days sooner or later--depending on how well you do on the forum.
    At least you aren't banned permanently like they do to Christians on the MADB board.

dberrie2000

At least you aren't banned permanently like they do to Christians on the MADB board.
    I don't think I have ever been to the MADB board. Are they still around? What does MADB stand for? I might want to join that discussion board.

Billyray

I don't think I have ever been to the MADB board. Are they still around? What does MADB stand for? I might want to join that discussion board.
    Mormon Dialogue and Discussion Board

dberrie2000

Mormon Dialogue and Discussion Board
    Thanks--I went and visited the board--it seems interesting. Good reading.

Billyray

Thanks--I went and visited the board--it seems interesting. Good reading.
    Since you are LDS you won't get banned, unlike all of the Christians that I know who have.

dberrie2000

Since you are LDS you won't get banned, unlike all of the Christians that I know who have.
    Maybe I'll have to stick with the CARM forum--where the LDS get banned commonly--and that for posting Biblical scripture.

dberrie2000

Here (the 'offending' comments of mine are in bold red):

and

Hahahaha......so blatently hypocritical it only makes one laugh. Critics don't like to have their own words and sayings used against them. It cuts them to the core. So they have to run to mommy and tattle and try to get the comments banned and the poster banned as well.

That, more than anything else that happens around these parts, confirms to me that what I have and believe in is much more real and true than anything they have to offer.
    Sir--I believe what you have stated here has a lot of truth. One note here--most of those who post regularly on the CARM forum do not post here, because they know Jill won't ban them for posting Biblical scriptures that defy their theology.

The LDS are given a much greater la***ude here to post--and the CARM posters, as far as anti-LDS goes--do not like that. They want to control the discussion--and letting the LDS have a fair reply is not in their plans.

nrajeffreturns

I think I can beat your examples. I have gotten multiple infractions at C#$m for merely QUOTING another poster's insult, and then asking him/her "How would YOU like it if someone said that YOUR beliefs are paganistic, evil, anti-Christian, etc.?"

and of course THAT poster seemingly broke no rules, but I got the old infraction notice for "insulting another poster."

Can you top THAT?

All LDS are usually banned for five days sooner or later--depending on how well you do on the forum.
    I've been banned over 35 times there, with at least 60 warnings.

If I never got banned on these Anti-Mormon sites then I would begin to question whether I was effective.
    Getting banned from an Anti-Mormon site means you are doing something right, and I see them as Badges of Honor, or at the very least as a sort first place blue ribbon. Especially those which say I was banned for "interfering with the ministry". Three times I was banned for posting just one scripture (without any comment) which contradicted the position of a Critic but was not personally insulting. Twice I had so embarr***ed a Critic's argument and OP, that they not only banned me, but deleted the thread.
    Half the time though I am never really able to understand why I was banned, and when I dared to simply ask why once, they just extended the ban without an explanation.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    I think I can beat your examples. I have gotten multiple infractions at C#$m for merely QUOTING another poster's insult, and then asking him/her "How would YOU like it if someone said that YOUR beliefs are paganistic, evil, anti-Christian, etc.?"

and of course THAT poster seemingly broke no rules, but I got the old infraction notice for "insulting another poster."

Can you top THAT?
    Allow others to break the rules and report the infractions don't go about trying to break them yourself.. You know that is wrong, don't you? Stop doing it! Then you have room to complain. As it is you got what you deserve.. IHS jim

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post

Can you top THAT?
    I think that one is probably the best I've heard.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    I've been banned over 35 times there, with at least 60 warnings.
    And the Mormon run board simply bans Christians permanently.

Libby

A lot of LDS posters are banned permanently from CARM, as well. At least, their avatars are banned permanently.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    A lot of LDS posters are banned permanently from CARM, as well. At least, their avatars are banned permanently.
    Let's take a sample of both LDS and Christians that post on this board and see who has been permanently banned from MADB verses CARM. Fair enough?

Libby

I know of at least three LDS posters, here, who have had avatars banned from CARM...some more than once.

Not saying MADB doesn't ban Christian posters. They do, especially, if they are perceived as anti-Mormon. But, I've posted on MADB for years, both as LDS and Christian...and I have even been very critical, at times, but have never been banned.

I was banned from CARM twice, when I posted there as LDS. That's the only board I have ever been banned from...ever. And, I post or have posted on a lot of boards.

Billyray

I was banned from CARM twice, when I posted there as LDS. That's the only board I have ever been banned from...ever. And, I post or have posted on a lot of boards.
    Again let's look at the posters that post on this board as an example. Care to guess which is the likely site that permanly bans posters?

Libby

Again let's look at the posters that post on this board as an example. Care to guess which is the likely site that permanly bans posters?
    Both of them. How many avatars has Jeff, Sir, Richard (wow, Richard!) and many others had over on CARM? Just because they are still posting there, doesn't mean they haven't experienced a permanent ban of one or more of their avatars. I've seen people come back on MADB with new avatars, as well. Sometimes, they get removed again, sometimes not.

Billyray

Both of them. How many avatars has Jeff, Sir, Richard (wow, Richard!) and many others had over on CARM?
    All three still post on CARM.