Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Awww, Shucks!

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Again--you are toast to the scriptures.
    Really? OK.

What did John say was the reason that he was baptizing?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by Billyray View Post---So you agree then that when you see the word "baptism" in the Bible this may refer to being born again by God's spirit and NOT referring to water baptism?
    dberrie-----When repentance and baptism was commanded for the remission of sins--that baptism was referring to water baptism--as it would be redundant to include the gift of the Holy Ghost separate from the water baptism, and it be the same baptism:

Acts 2:38---King James Version (KJV)

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Billyray--water baptism was John's baptism:

Mark 1:1-4---King James Version (KJV)

1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Again--you are toast to the scriptures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Really? OK. What did John say was the reason that he was baptizing?
    Exactly what the scripture above states:

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Could you explain for us how that differs from Peter's message after Christ's resurrectionj? :

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Billyray--you can squirm, wiggle, and wrestle with the scriptures all you want--but if that is true--then faith alone theology is false--period.

Billyray

Exactly what the scripture above states:
    Did you bother even looking in the book of John to see what John had to say about this? I guess not.

John 1:
    29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
    30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surp***ed me because he was before me.’
    31 I myself did not know him,but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.

dberrie2000

dberrie----Exactly what the scripture above states:

Could you explain for us how that differs from Peter's message after Christ's resurrectionj? :

Billyray--you can squirm, wiggle, and wrestle with the scriptures all you want--but if that is true--then faith alone theology is false--period.
    Did you bother even looking in the book of John to see what John had to say about this? I guess not.

John 1:
    29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
    30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surp***ed me because he was before me.’
    31 I myself did not know him,but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.
    How are you using that to cancel what the scriptures teach--that repentance and water baptism was for the remission of sins?

Billyray

How are you using that to cancel what the scriptures teach--that repentance and water baptism was for the remission of sins?
    Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Ephesians 2
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

alanmolstad

The thing i do, as well as the same thing I suggest for others, is to make liberal use of the IGNORE settings on this forum.
    that way we dont have to bother Jill all the time.....we dont want to have it seem that all that goes on here is bickering.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    I've been banned over 35 times there, with at least 60 warnings.

If I never got banned on these Anti-Mormon sites then I would begin to question whether I was effective.
    Getting banned from an Anti-Mormon site means you are doing something right, and I see them as Badges of Honor, .
    well I guess you can see all the times you get banned whatever way you want.

But I can say one thing for 100% sure as far as this site goes...and that is that no one gets banned from this site unless they break the rules...

The rules apply regardless of the religion you are a part of...

If you note the people who have the word "BANNED" under their name you will see clearly that being banned has nothing to do with what religion you support here.
    It has nothing to do with "favorites",,,,
    It has nothing to do with being a member of the same religion as the people that run this forum.

In every case, the reason anyone gets a warning here and or gets banned is because they simply refuse to follow the listed rules that they did actually agree to follow when they first logged-on to this site.

So while many people do tend to get banned from one site to the next and do tend to justify this fact with all sorts of reasons, the truth is that they get banned for all the same reason.....breaking the listed rules,

case-closed.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post How are you using that to cancel what the scriptures teach--that repentance and water baptism was for the remission of sins?
    Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Ephesians 2
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    The scriptures bear witness repentance and water baptism was taught for the remission of sins--and any attempt to cover up or cancel out that testimony using other scriptures--- is nothing short of an attempt to render the Biblical text an unreliable source of truth, IMO:

How does Romans or Ephesians render that scripture null and void?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    well I guess you can see all the times you get banned whatever way you want.

But I can say one thing for 100% sure as far as this site goes...and that is that no one gets banned from this site unless they break the rules...

The rules apply regardless of the religion you are a part of...

If you note the people who have the word "BANNED" under their name you will see clearly that being banned has nothing to do with what religion you support here.
    It has nothing to do with "favorites",,,,
    It has nothing to do with being a member of the same religion as the people that run this forum.

In every case, the reason anyone gets a warning here and or gets banned is because they simply refuse to follow the listed rules that they did actually agree to follow when they first logged-on to this site.

So while many people do tend to get banned from one site to the next and do tend to justify this fact with all sorts of reasons, the truth is that they get banned for all the same reason.....breaking the listed rules,

case-closed.
    I believe this post needs to be shown here again....

"In every case, the reason anyone gets a warning here and or gets banned is because they simply refuse to follow the listed rules"

The only reason anyone gets banned here.....is for breaking the rules.