Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Awww, Shucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    And the Mormon run board simply bans Christians permanently.
    The difference is that Anti-Mormon sites can not permanently ban Mormons or the forum will die... (remember Concerned Christians?).
    People come to these forums to hear what the Mormons have to say, and not the Critics; and they know this.
    Even the Critics aren't able to bring themselfs to put any LDS on ignore. (even though they say they do)

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    People come to these forums to hear what the Mormons have to say, and not the Critics; and they know this.
    I agree with you because Christians are reaching out to Mormons and listening to what they have to say. Now compare this with the LDS run board that has no interest in discussing things with Christians--they would much rather talk amongst themselves.

Libby

I agree with you because Christians are reaching out to Mormons and listening to what they have to say. Now compare this with the LDS run board that has no interest in discussing things with Christians--they would much rather talk amongst themselves.
    Why is that a problem? Different forums have different purposes. I don't think you will ever find an LDS forum devoted to "critiquing" Christianity. So, the MADB has a whole different purpose and tenor.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Why is that a problem? Different forums have different purposes. I don't think you will ever find an LDS forum devoted to "critiquing" Christianity. So, the MADB has a whole different purpose and tenor.
    They own the board so they can do as they please. But if they prefer a Mormon discussion board with Mormons only then why allow Christians onto the board in the first place?

Libby

They own the board so they can do as they please. But if they prefer a Mormon discussion board with Mormons only then why allow Christians onto the board in the first place?
    They allow Christians and anyone they perceive who is asking honest questions and not just wanting to criticize the church. They don't allow certain discussions, like discussion about Temple content, nor anything that seems disrespectful of Joseph Smith and the other prophets. It is mostly faithful Latter-day Saints who post there, so why would they allow offense towards their own people? CARM does the same thing. I have seen people banned or moved to the atheism forum, if they become overly critical of the Bible or mainstream Christianity. They don't allow that.

Billyray

They allow Christians and anyone they perceive who is asking honest questions and not just wanting to criticize the church. They don't allow certain discussions, like discussion about Temple content, nor anything that seems disrespectful of Joseph Smith and the other prophets. It is mostly faithful Latter-day Saints who post there, so why would they allow offense towards their own people? CARM does the same thing. I have seen people banned or moved to the atheism forum, if they become overly critical of the Bible or mainstream Christianity. They don't allow that.
    And I was not guilty of any of that, if you recall from prior conversations I asked you to validate what I have said and you were unable to provide any post or reason for my ban, and yet they still permanently banned me.

I have yet to figure out the need on your part to vinously defend Mormonism when you say that you are Christian. If you were truly Christian you wouldn't put up such a fight to support a false religion that worships false gods, that is just one of many reasons that most Christians feel you are not truly a born again Christian. But ultimately only God and you know for certain.

Libby

And I was not guilty of any of that, if you recall from prior conversations I asked you to validate what I have said and you were unable to provide any post or reason for my ban, and yet they still permanently banned me.

I have yet to figure out the need on your part to vinously defend Mormonism when you say that you are Christian. If you were truly Christian you wouldn't put up such a fight to support a false religion that worships false gods, that is just one of many reasons that most Christians feel you are not truly a born again Christian. But ultimately only God and you know for certain.

Well, I am most definitely a Christian...a disciple of Jesus Christ. I love the truth, Billy. There is nothing in what I have said, in this small conversation, about boards, that is anything but the truth. I have no idea why you were banned (that doesn't mean there wasn't a reason, it just means I don't know what the reason was).

I don't defend Mormonism. I will tell you very clearly (and have many times) I do not believe Joseph Smith was a prophet, nor do I believe in most of the claims of the LDS Church. That doesn't mean I won't speak up, if I think the doctrine is being distorted. But, I will also tell you that I don't believe the doctrine. There is a difference between defending the doctrine and defending the accuracy of the doctrine. Too many critics don't seem to care. They think, since none of it is true, anyway, they can say whatever they want. Or whatever it takes to try and ply people out of the religion is okay. I don't think so.

Billyray

Well, I am most definitely a Christian...a disciple of Jesus Christ. I love the truth, Billy.
    As I said before the only person who truly knows are you and God. But I personally don't know any Christian who rejects major sections of the Bible like you do and who vigorously defends a false gospel that teaches false gods. And I will leave it at that.

Billyray

That doesn't mean I won't speak up, if I think the doctrine is being distorted.
    Do you believe that the mormon gods are false gods?

Billyray

Libby I just went back and looked at several of your posts and that are all engaging Christians not Mormons. What other Christian here writes post after post taking one issue after the next with fellow Christians? If you were truly Christian then your beliefs would be more inline with fellow Christians and you wouldn't have reasons to take issue with fellow believers. For example Jim and I disagree on a few issues but the vast majority on doctrine we agree on and certainly neither one of us believes that part of the Bible is fiction like you do. Libby you say one thing but your actions tell a different story.

Libby

As I said before the only person who truly knows are you and God. But I personally don't know any Christian who rejects major sections of the Bible like you do and who vigorously defends a false gospel that teaches false gods. And I will leave it at that.
    Where do you see me "vigorously defending a false gospel"? You won't find that anywhere, since I left the church. I actually "vigorously spoke against the church" for at least a couple of years.

I just don't feel called to do that, right now, Billy, at least, not like I was doing it before. Maybe in a different way....I'm not sure, yet.

I haven't thrown out major sections of the Bible. I was going through another faith crisis, last year, similar to leaving the LDS Church. Some things that were being taught in my church were unsettling for awhile...in part, because I just didn't understand some things. So, I kind of spun out into left field for awhile. But, God has called me back...back to the Christian Reformed Church and it's been a good experience, so far...and I have picked up where I left off ..and am gaining more understanding about the O.T. That has been a wonderful experience, actually.

Billyray

Where do you see me "vigorously defending a false gospel"? You won't find that anywhere, since I left the church.
    The majority of your posts are taking issue with Christians and their doctrine. Just look back yourself at your posts and you can verify what I say.

Billyray

I actually "vigorously spoke against the church" for at least a couple of years.

I just don't feel called to do that, right now, Billy, at least, not like I was doing it before. Maybe in a different way....I'm not sure, yet.
    I will be honest with you Libby--I see you trying to pick at Christians on this board in an attempt to discredit their Christian beliefs but this is highly unusual behavior for a Christian since in your beliefs should line up (i.e. the vast majority of the time) with fellow Christian's beliefs, but they don't. I am not saying that every once in a while you may have a different take on a belief here or there, but you seem to be on a completely different playing field.

Libby

The majority of my posts are pure philosophizing. Not really defending anything other than some generalities that I, personally, believed might be true. A couple of things I read, I still do believe. The way I came to God, for example. I also talked about testimony..and a lot of other fairly general items. I was entertaining universal concepts and how most religions had some commonalities. What I don't see (so far) is a "vigorous defense of Mormonism".

Billy, if I truly believed, as a Latter-day Saint, don't you think I would have gone back, by now? I can tell you, I definitely would have. I tried to go back. I couldn't.

Billyray

The majority of my posts are pure philosophizing. Not really defending anything other than some generalities that I, personally, believed might be true.
    So you go on and on challenging Christian's beliefs (while for the most part not engaging mormons in a like manner) with your non Biblical philosophy, do you really think that is characteristic of a true Christian?

Libby

So you go on and on challenging Christian's beliefs (while for the most part not engaging mormons in a like manner) with your non Biblical philosophy, do you really think that is characteristic of a true Christian?
    Christian beliefs?....that's a pretty broad umbrella. I did question some traditional Christian beliefs, yes. You don't think a true Christian would ever question?

Billyray

Christian beliefs?....that's a pretty broad umbrella.
    Not at all Libby. Look at all of the Christians that have posted on this board over the years--we occasionally have a disagreement on a point here or there, in fact I think the biggest disagreement is over the basis for election, but we believe that election is taught in the Bible and that an elect person is elected from the foundation of the world. This is a frequent subject that is brought up over and over again by LDS, which is fine by me because I find it an interesting subject to talk about.

nrajeffreturns

Let's take a sample of both LDS and Christians that post on this board and see who has been permanently banned from MADB verses CARM. Fair enough?
    It might be a fair study, as long as the sampling sizes are similar and the REASONS for the banishment are listed.

So, here's something I got the other day:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Rule violations/trolling
    Date the ban will be lifted: Never

One of the many atrocious things about C@#m's "moderating" is that if you even BRING IT UP, you are punished. I mean, if you are pro-LDS, then even if you bring up the moderating in a POSITIVE way, you can get banned and they will lie and call it a "grievance." If an anti asks you a question and you answer it in a way that makes LDS doctrines look reasonable or biblical, they will ban you for "insulting another poster." I have gotten that one dozens of times. I guess they see it as an insult if their propaganda gets refuted by a pro-LDS person who makes a good argument that refutes the propaganda. Like if a bully picked on you at school and you were able to defend yourself in front of his fellow bullies, that's an insult to him because he got publicly humiliated.

But my recent lifetime ban was for "violations/trolling." Guess what? If you're pro-LDS, the judge/jury/executioner moderator can call ANYTHING you say trolling and ban you for it, because the mod has discretion to label your words as whatever they want. And you can't appeal it, question it, or even say a word about it, or that's another infraction.

Here is a post that I guess they looked at and said "I can't find any fault with it, but this person needs to be eliminated, so let's call it trolling or insulting a poster." It's the last one I got before the "Your ban will never expire" note:

Other poster: Your prophets, who said he was a man like us on an earth like ours. So, part of being LIKE us, is being a sinner. Correct?

Me: No. That is not correct. You fell for the same eisegesis that other antis have swallowed. You read the words "exactly like us, in all respects" into a p***age where it doesn't really exist. That's poor scholarship.

Other poster: Well, if your Elohim NEVER sinned and was NEVER a sinner--then WHY and HOW did he work his way up to godhood????

Me:You aren't familiar with the Bible's account of how Jesus, although He was LIKE us, yet He was sinless and grew in grace and in favor with God until he had become perfect?
    Spend more time reading the Bible, and less time reading anti-LDS propaganda. That's my advice to you if you want to have more accurate accusations against the LDS.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    It might be a fair study, as long as the sampling sizes are similar and the REASONS for the banishment are listed.

So, here's something I got the other day:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Rule violations/trolling
    Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I was banned from MADB without repeated temporary restrictions. You on the other hand have had multiple temporary restrictions on CARM going back for a while now.

nrajeffreturns

I was banned from MADB without repeated temporary restrictions. You on the other hand have had multiple temporary restrictions on CARM going back for a while now.
    It is true that they gave me MANY infractions, which resulted in MANY 7-30 day suspensions. I have saved them all in a Word doc because some folks probably wouldn't believe some the nonsensical reasons they had for banning me if I didn't have proof.

What did you say that resulted in your ban?

Libby

Not at all Libby. Look at all of the Christians that have posted on this board over the years--we occasionally have a disagreement on a point here or there, in fact I think the biggest disagreement is over the basis for election, but we believe that election is taught in the Bible and that an elect person is elected from the foundation of the world. This is a frequent subject that is brought up over and over again by LDS, which is fine by me because I find it an interesting subject to talk about.
    Yes, but mostly only conservative Christians post here.

Even at that, there are some pretty significant disagreements between Calvinists and Arminians. I have seen Calvinists accuse Arminians of not even being Christian.

nrajeffreturns

Even at that, there are some pretty significant disagreements between Calvinists and Arminians. I have seen Calvinists accuse Arminians of not even being Christian.
    You are correct. The other day I found two anti-Calvinism sites that pretty much called Matt Slick a tool of satan for promoting Calvinism.

Billyray

You mean Christians that believe what the Bible teaches.
    Not really.

Sir

What did you say that resulted in your ban?
    I honestly believe that question will go unanswered.

I like, though, how we all have archived documentation to prove that what we get banned for on some boards is hysterically funny in light of the fact that most of the time they are for things that anti-LDS commonly do without consequence.

Libby

You are correct. The other day I found two anti-Calvinism sites that pretty much called Matt Slick a tool of satan for promoting Calvinism.
    Yep, there are some fierce divisions between those two groups.