Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The tally of Biblical quotes

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Pretty sure that's not a sin.
    I am sure that in a glorified body as God created Adam and eve to be this would not have happened.. It is only because sin is in the world that things like a 20 up times in the night are ever required.. IHS jim

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Billy and jim both believe that 100% of all Humans no matter how long they live are sinners..
    Are newborn babies born sinners?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Are newborn babies born sinners?
    Yes babies are sinners.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---Are newborn babies born sinners?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Yes babies are sinners.
    If they are born sinners--what event made them sinners that they were born as sinners?

Billyray

If they are born sinners--what event made them sinners that they were born as sinners?
    The Bible doesn't give us the exact sin that they commit only that we are ALL sinners which includes babies.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post--If they are born sinners--what event made them sinners that they were born as sinners?
    The Bible doesn't give us the exact sin that they commit only that we are ALL sinners which includes babies.
    If one believes any infant is born a sinner--that would indicate sin imputed before or while they were being born. What event renders babies sinners upon being born?

Billyray

What event renders babies sinners upon being born?
    As I said the Bible doesn't tell us what sins were committed but it clearly tells us that we ALL sin which would include children.

Do you believe the Bible when it teaches us that we ALL sin or do you simply ignore those verses?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post--If they are born sinners--what event made them sinners that they were born as sinners?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post---The Bible doesn't give us the exact sin that they commit only that we are ALL sinners which includes babies.
    Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---If one believes any infant is born a sinner--that would indicate sin imputed before or while they were being born. What event renders babies sinners upon being born?
    As I said the Bible doesn't tell us what sins were committed
    Again--if one is born a sinner--that indicates a pre-existing condition. What condition exists that renders babies being born a sinner?

All humans are born with a sinful nature, inherited from Adam and Eve. Everything and everyone are born after their own kind. Babies aren't sinners when they are born, but they are born with a sinful nature.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Babies aren't sinners when they are born,
    I agree with you on that one point.

I agree with you on that one point.
    Psalm 51:5 "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me."
    Seems like David knew he was born with a sinful nature, with a heart turned against God.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Psalm 51:5 "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me."
    Seems like David knew he was born with a sinful nature, with a heart turned against God.
    The Atonement of Jesus Christ freed all men from the automatic consequences that befell and condemned all men due to the Fall. All are born free now.

Billyray

The Atonement of Jesus Christ freed all men from the automatic consequences that befell and condemned all men due to the Fall. All are born free now.

Can you tell me what this verse says?

nrajeffreturns

Acc. to some Bible scholars it says that David was exaggerating poetically because he was despondent over his sins. He says that his mom was a sinner even while she was conceiving him. There is not necessarily any reference to the Calvinistic "sin nature" that some people believe was programmed into our DNA while we were fetuses.

Billyray

He says that his mom was a sinner even while she was conceiving him.

So you believe that this verse is speaking about his mother's sin and not his?

Billyray

There is not necessarily any reference to the Calvinistic "sin nature" that some people believe was programmed into our DNA while we were fetuses.
    Do you believe that some are sinners and some are not?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---The Atonement of Jesus Christ freed all men from the automatic consequences that befell and condemned all men due to the Fall. All are born free now.

Whatever one might believe it means--that is centuries before the Atonement of Jesus Christ--where He, as a free gift--died for all men--that they may be justified of life--freed from the consequences brought upon all men due to the Fall. It's an event referred to as the Redemption, Billyray. We are now born free. Give glory to God!

Romans 5:18---King James Version (KJV)

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Billyray

Whatever one might believe it means
    But I am asking you what this verse means.

dberrie2000

But I am asking you what this verse means.

No. But I can tell you what this verse means:

Romans 5:18---King James Version (KJV)

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

That means all men have been justified of life through the Atonement of Jesus Christ's shedding His Blood for the sins of the whole world. All men are now born free.

Billyray

No.
    The reason you can't tell me what this verse means is because you reject the Biblical teaching that we are ALL sinners--including infants.

alanmolstad

OK--Billyray questions the fact that the faith alone use the Bible but little on their forums. I told him I would do a tally and post the results.

In the ---Faith verses works for salvation--thread, the one in which Billyray made this accusation--is the one I chose for the tally. The results are as follows:

For those who are non LDS--there were approx 75 posts. 63 of those posts contained no Biblical quotes. That is a 8.5% percentage.

For me alone--I posted approx 13 times in that thread--and 13 times I included Biblical p***ages. That's a 100% percentage.

Billyray--who was right? The thread is there for all to verify the results.

Faith alone--where is your Bible?

Comments?
    This is a totally meaningless comparison.

You simply cant compare one person's posts to a collection of posts by other people, who made comments of a variety of subjects over an unknown amount of time.

I mean for example:
    I could join a topic here and post 10 posts right after the other, and while doing so I totally ignore the flow of the conversation and just simply post the same single bible verse time after time, after time.

yes, it might appear that I had a 100% rate at posting Bible verses within my comments, but in real life I added ZERO to the conversation, and the fact that I knew one Bible verse that I just keep posting does not somehow mean "Im correct", or "I have more support in the Bible."

It just means I know how to copy/paste one bible verse....(so in other words, "big deal, so what?")