Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The ****ousious God

dberrie2000

Default The ****ousious God

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    The Persons of the Godhead are one in substance,......
    Could you explain for us how the faith alone believe that Christ has a resurrected body of flesh and bones--and God the Father does not--and they be one in substance? The ****ousious God?

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Could you explain for us how the faith alone believe that Christ has a resurrected body of flesh and bones--and God the Father does not--and they be one in substance? The ****ousious God?
    That's a really bizarre question. Was God the Father incarnated or Christ. You hallucinate thinking that your "hf" was some guy from another planet. I won't feed the trolls.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

teenapenny

Why don't you read all of what Apologette said, instead of just part of it?

Sir

That's a really bizarre question. Was God the Father incarnated or Christ. You hallucinate thinking that your "hf" was some guy from another planet. I won't feed the trolls.
    Translation: I will respond to you and attack you, but then I will immediately take my ball and go home and proclaim I won't "feed the trolls".

Who is really the troll? Answer: not dberrie

Billyray

Could you explain for us how the faith alone believe that Christ has a resurrected body of flesh and bones--and God the Father does not--and they be one in substance?
    Sure. The Father did not take on a body whereas the Son did.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    And which God do you praise and worship?

The God with the body of flesh and bones?
    Or the God without the body of flesh and bones?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by Apologette View Post--The Persons of the Godhead are one in substance,......
    Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post--Could you explain for us how the faith alone believe that Christ has a resurrected body of flesh and bones--and God the Father does not--and they be one in substance? The ****ousious God?
    That's a really bizarre question. Was God the Father incarnated or Christ. You hallucinate thinking that your "hf" was some guy from another planet.
    The only hallucination I can see is someone claiming God the Father is the same substance as God the Son--and then expressing a belief the Son has a body of flesh and bones--and God the Father does not. Cold you explain for us how that is "one in substance"?

Now that is bizarre.

dberrie2000

And how does that make them "one in substance"?

Originally Posted by Apologette View Post--The Persons of the Godhead are one in substance,......

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by teenapenny View Post
    Could you explain for us how reading all her post would negate what she did state?

Originally Posted by Apologette View Post--The Persons of the Godhead are one in substance,.....

Because 95% of what Apologette or CA writes, is useless anger filled rants.
    All one has to do is read the first sentence and then read the last sentence of her's. The rest is just cut-n-paste rhetoric from some AntiMormon Webpage.

Billyray

And how does that make them "one in substance"?
    Jesus was not created but of the same substance as the Father.

dberrie2000

Jesus was not created but of the same substance as the Father.
    You have failed to show how Christ, having a body of flesh and bones--is of the same substance as the Father. Are you saying you believe the Father is of flesh and bones also?

Luke 24:39---King James Version (KJV)

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Billyray

You have failed to show how Christ, having a body of flesh and bones--is of the same substance as the Father. Are you saying you believe the Father is of flesh and bones also?
    The Father doesn't have a body of flesh and bone. The Son does. This has nothing to do with the fact that Jesus was uncreated or same substance as the Father. That was the main issue that they were discussing and arguing against. The heresy was that Jesus was created by the Father out of nothing and that Jesus was a creature rather that God incarnate.

dberrie2000

The Father doesn't have a body of flesh and bone. The Son does. This has nothing to do with the fact that Jesus was uncreated or same substance as the Father.
    Could you explain for us how the Son has a body of flesh and bones--- has nothing to do with the Son being of the same substance as the Father-- seeing you believe the Father does not possess flesh and bones--and the Son does? It definitely has something to do with the fact they don't share the same substance. You do believe in the "****ousious" God?

Billyray

Could you explain for us how the Son has a body of flesh and bones--- has nothing to do with the Son being of the same substance as the Father-- seeing you believe the Father does not possess flesh and bones--and the Son does? It definitely has something to do with the fact they don't share the same substance.
    Sure. I have already explained it. The Father doesn't have a body of flesh and bones. The Son does have a body of flesh of bones. But the Father and the Son are both God and both uncreated thus of the same substance. This was to put down the heresy that Jesus was a created being of the Father.

dberrie2000

Sure. I have already explained it. The Father doesn't have a body of flesh and bones. The Son does have a body of flesh of bones. But the Father and the Son are both God and both uncreated thus of the same substance. This was to put down the heresy that Jesus was a created being of the Father.
    But that only confirms that the Father and Son are not of the same substance.

Billyray

But that only confirms that the Father and Son are not of the same substance.
    The Father and the Son are uncreated eternally God which is exactly what the Bible teaches. The heresy was that Jesus was a created being of the Father.

Sir

The Father and the Son are uncreated eternally God which is exactly what the Bible teaches. The heresy was that Jesus was a created being of the Father.
    This conversation is reminding me of something:

9327510-3d-guy-with-merry-go-round-on-a-white-background.jpg

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    This conversation is reminding me of something:
    Because DB is trying to make the intent of the word mean something that was never intended. The point that they were trying to make is that Jesus was eternally God who was uncreated, to dispel the heresy that Jesus was a created being of the Father. They certainly knew that Jesus was incarnate and had a physical body unlike the Father who was Spirit.
    Last edited by Billyray; 06-09-2013 at 09:48 PM.

dberrie2000

Billyray---Sure. The Father did not take on a body whereas the Son did.
    dberrie---And how does that make them "one in substance"?
    Billyray---Jesus was not created but of the same substance as the Father.
    dberrie----You have failed to show how Christ, having a body of flesh and bones--is of the same substance as the Father. Are you saying you believe the Father is of flesh and bones also?

Luke 24:39---King James Version (KJV)

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
    Billyray------The Father doesn't have a body of flesh and bone. The Son does. This has nothing to do with the fact that Jesus was uncreated or same substance as the Father. That was the main issue that they were discussing and arguing against. The heresy was that Jesus was created by the Father out of nothing and that Jesus was a creature rather that God incarnate.
    dberrie---But that only confirms that the Father and Son are not of the same substance.
    Billyray----The Father and the Son are uncreated eternally God which is exactly what the Bible teaches. The heresy was that Jesus was a created being of the Father.

Anyone identifying a pattern here?

Of course... Everybody does, it's the same merry-go-round ride he always creates.
    His MO is very simple yet an effective obfuscation tool.
    As I noted the other day on the other thread, Billyray will create two separate and unrelated arguments which he'll mesh into one.
    Only in this case instead of two questions or arguments, he has two separate answers that he has meshed together to your one question, "how can the Father and Son be of one substance?"
    His answers are;
    1. The Father and Christ are uncreated.
    2. The Father does not have a body of flesh and bones, the Son does.

When cornered on one answer he'll simply jump to the second answer as though nobody noticed the change. When cornered on the other he'll just jump back to the first.
    Around and around it will go until you simply give up.

It reminds me of a Star Trek the Next Generation episode called Peak Performance.
    Data plays a game of strategy with a game master.
    Everybody thinks that Data will win easily, however when Data is beat within seconds, Data thinks that he is malfunctioning because he believes himself unbeatable in such games.
    In the end Data realizes that he can not win the game by playing to win.
    Data wins by not playing to win, nor by playing to lose, but to simply go around in circles with the other player until the other player gives up in disgust, that way Data wins by a forfeit.

That is why I said it is simply better to just let Billyray win before you waste weeks of your life going in circles going nowhere.
    The funny thing is, that even when you let him win, he still trys to argue on, as he tried with me on another thread.
    Billyray loves the argument more than the win.
    Last edited by theway; 06-10-2013 at 08:55 AM.

teenapenny

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Of course... Everybody does, it's the same merry-go-round ride he always creates.
    His MO is very simple yet an effective obfuscation tool.
    As I noted the other day on the other thread, Billyray will create to separate and unrelated arguments which he'll mesh into one.
    Only in this case instead of two questions or arguments, he has two separate answers that he has meshed together to your one question, "how can the Father and Son be of one substance?"
    His answers are;
    1. The Father and Christ are uncreated.
    2. The Father does not have a body of flesh and bones, the Son does.

When cornered on one answer he'll simply jump to the second answer as though nobody noticed the change. When cornered on the other he'll just jump back to the first.
    Around and around it will go until you simply give up.

It reminds me of a Star Trek the Next Generation episode called Peak Performance.
    Data plays a game of strategy with a game master.
    Everybody thinks that Data will win easily, however when Data is beat within seconds, Data thinks that he is malfunctioning because he believes himself unbeatable in such games.
    In the end Data realizes that he can not win the game by playing to win.
    Data wins by not playing to win, nor by playing to lose, but to simply go around in circles with the other player until the other player gives up in disgust, that way Data wins by a forfeit.

That is why I said it is simply better to just let Billyray win before you waste weeks of your life going in circles going nowhere.
    The funny thing is, that even when you let him win, he still trys to argue on, as he tried with me on another thread.
    Billyray loves the argument more than the win.
    It sounds to me as though you are not reading what he says.

No... Ironically it means I do see and understand what he is writting more than he himself does.
    However, he actually never really "says" or commits to anything but plati-tides, in which he has created his strawmen from.

dberrie2000

The real problem begins when one does read what he states.

So--maybe you can help him out here. Could you explain to us how God the Father and God the Son could be one in substance when The Son has a body of flesh and bones--and the Father does not?

Billyray------The Father doesn't have a body of flesh and bone. The Son does.

Billyray

Sure that you are ignoring the original meaning of the quote.

So tell me what you think they meant by what they said?