Thread: I'm glad Tom Roots is gone.

johnd

Default I'm glad Tom Roots is gone.

He had an awful chip on his shoulder.

I only pop in here from time to time... and just what little I've seen of him makes my toe nails curl.

He's so blinded by the false teaching he champions and so hateful to any opposition I fear he'll have an aneurism or something defending a lie from hell.

So sad.

Lord Jesus please send a convincing soul into his life that he may be saved and channel that energy towards serving you rather than opposing you.

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    He had an awful chip on his shoulder.

I only pop in here from time to time... and just what little I've seen of him makes my toe nails curl.

He's so blinded by the false teaching he champions and so hateful to any opposition I fear he'll have an aneurism or something defending a lie from hell.

So sad.

Lord Jesus please send a convincing soul into his life that he may be saved and channel that energy towards serving you rather than opposing you.
    From end-to-end AMEN John, thank you.

It is hard to imagine how willful defense of the mind closes off large blocks of reason, even if that defense attacks itself in conviction, becoming expert in a well-traveled life of excusing. So hard, that I went to the extent to mention that he had to know our true position quite well. I mean the honor we bestow towards Christ, he had to.

Possibly, not all that hard to understand at all, Tom’s position. Christ did not deserve that honor, and he was sure to find one or two to help solidify that presence here.

Thank you MacG for your input!

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    From end-to-end AMEN John, thank you.

It is hard to imagine how willful defense of the mind closes off large blocks of reason, even if that defense attacks itself in conviction, becoming expert in a well-traveled life of excusing. So hard, that I went to the extent to mention that he had to know our true position quite well. I mean the honor we bestow towards Christ, he had to.

Possibly, not all that hard to understand at all, Tom’s position. Christ did not deserve that honor, and he was sure to find one or two to help solidify that presence here.

Thank you MacG for your input!
    There is a sadness when one swings so far away having a semblance of the truth. It is the most subtle difference in doctrine akin to "These men are showing a way to be saved." Acts 16 as opposed to the way.

As Walter used to pray, may his eyes and ears of his heart and soul be opened to hear and see.

Thank you for the encouragement.

cheachea

Man, the thing that Really Really bugged me about that guy is that he would go into other Sections of the Forum that had nothing to do with the Oneness Topic and try to start up debates when clearly no one on this board wanted to engage with him and his Canned responses even in the Oneness section. That got really annoying.

John T

Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    Man, the thing that Really Really bugged me about that guy is that he would go into other Sections of the Forum that had nothing to do with the Oneness Topic and try to start up debates when clearly no one on this board wanted to engage with him and his Canned responses even in the Oneness section. That got really annoying.
    Despite all the complaining that people did, it finally took his insulting Jill's father to get him banned. Is that the high water mark to which one need go in order to get banned? No wonder why some of the obnoxious Mormons (some Mormons are not like this ilk) return to mock, belittle and har*** Christians when there is no answer to the exposure of their many large and illogical fallacies.

nothead

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Despite all the complaining that people did, it finally took his insulting Jill's father to get him banned. Is that the high water mark to which one need go in order to get banned? No wonder why some of the obnoxious Mormons (some Mormons are not like this ilk) return to mock, belittle and har*** Christians when there is no answer to the exposure of their many large and illogical fallacies.
    I'm glad Tom Roots is gone too. He bad, bad bad.

And that means bad. Am I speaking behind his back with negative aspersion? Oh yeah that what notheads do.

Everyone bad but me but me. Everyone bad but me.