Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Why I like this forum so much

James Banta

[Sir;148215]1) Why are you responding to me about a post I made a month ago to billyray?
    Because the subject was again brought up and \i had more to say on the subject..

2) It's funny that you start by saying your wife "reminded" you of your adultery and even gave the timeframe. Yet you then claim the LDS are the ones acting like Satan for, I guess, bringing it up, or something.

LOL

Must be bored tonight.
    My wife saw what was being said again.. She pointed out that it was over 12 years ago.. I asked you and the other LDS here if there was a time when my repentance is confirmed.. I have confessed it and p***ed through the punishment of isolation, disrespect, and out and out haltered my sin en***led me to. Though the blood of Jesus, my confession, and the abandonment of that sin I have claimed the forgiveness He offers. Any that would again point to that sin and condemn me again are doing the work of Satan in his accusing (Revelation 12:10).. He may bring up all the sins of man and ascribe them to the believers, but we have an advocate who has answered those accusations with His own blood. I see those accusation again from Julie and sir.. What else could it be than an alliance with Satan in his accusations of those Jesus died to make clean (Isaiah 1:18)? IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

I generally think that an anti-LDS person's sins should not be brought up by pro-LDS people, as long as that anti-LDS person hasn't been bringing up the sins of LDS people*. Live and let live. Let bygones be bygones, and argue DOCTRINAL differences, not the alleged sins of any one member.

*but that would include Joseph Smith & Brigham Young

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Please if you insist on calling someone a liar please identify the lies.. All you have done here is name call.. When I call Smith a liar, I showed that he denied having more than one wife saying "What a thing it is for a man to be accused of committing adultery, and having seven wives, when I can only find one." (History of the Church Vol 6, boap.org/LDS/History/History_of_the_Church/Vol_VI) IHS jim
    Jim a good friend here told me to avoid persons such as yourself I can't say anything good...so I am trying to do so, Imam trying to do so. But a lion share of what you have ever told me have not been fact; that is not a lie nor an insult, just an observation. Also not sure I answered any of "your" posts.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    I generally think that an anti-LDS person's sins should not be brought up by pro-LDS people, as long as that anti-LDS person hasn't been bringing up the sins of LDS people*. Live and let live. Let bygones be bygones, and argue DOCTRINAL differences, not the alleged sins of any one member.

What sins are you referring too with JS or BY...also the quote function is great for helping slow people know to whom it is directed. Was it me who stepped out of line, this is often one of my sins.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    But a lion share of what you have ever told me have not been fact; that is not a lie nor an insult, just an observation.
    Give me a few things that he has said that were false.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Give me a few things that he has said that were false.
    No as you not him, also it was the accusations about someone whom he defame many times in many posts who did the same things. Which none are your business.

nrajeffreturns

What sins are you referring too with JS or BY...
    The usual alleged sins that the antis typically accuse them of: Con games, treason, adultery, whatever.

also the quote function is great for helping slow people know to whom it is directed. Was it me who stepped out of line, this is often one of my sins.
    I was just saying that IMO, Jim's sins of the past should be left there by us, unless Jim is bringing up sins of LDS people first.

Billyray

The usual alleged sins that the antis typically accuse them of: Con games, treason, adultery, whatever.
    Wasn't Joseph convicted of gl*** looking? Or what about lying when he said that he only had one wife?

James Banta

You know there there are many LDS Bishops and even Stake Presidents that have committed adultery. Have I ever brought them up? NO.. I do speak to Smith and Young because they claimed a special position before the people saying that God called them to that position.. A position that no Christian minister has ever claimed.. That of being a prophet, a man God used to give His word directly to the people.. But their sin is not what you see me concentrating on.. I show instead their unbiblical teaching. Teaching that there are three Gods, teaching that said Adam was God. Teaching that a man had to have the approval of Joseph Smith to enter the Kingdom of God.. Teaching that God was once a man that became a God through obedience to laws and ordinance the same as we must..

Haven't you noticed that I spend most of my efforts here trying to show that the LDS have been taught of a false god.. Then I turn to the Bible to show the attributes of the God of the Bible? It's when I am having some effect that posters like sir make their accusations of my sin.. I say bring it on, but address the accusation to Jesus for He has born my griefs, and carried my sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for my transgressions, He was bruised for my iniquities: the chastisement of my peace was upon Him; and with His stripes I am healed. Like a sheep I have gone astray; I turned to my own way; and the LORD hath laid on Him my iniquity.. If you must accuse someone accuse the one who has willing;y stood up and take the responsibility for my actions, even when He didn't have to.. IHS jim

James Banta

No one I know is blaming you for anything other than being LDS.. You have admitted to that. IHS jim

James Banta

Jim a good friend here told me to avoid persons such as yourself I can't say anything good...so I am trying to do so, Imam trying to do so. But a lion share of what you have ever told me have not been fact; that is not a lie nor an insult, just an observation. Also not sure I answered any of "your" posts.
    That is a very fine accusation.. What have I said that is so nonfactual that it deserves being called a lie?.. Was it that Smith broke his own revelation and took wives without even consulting Emma? Was it that I said Smith said there are three Gods and not one.. Do you doubt that Young said polygamy would never end, or that Adam is God and the only God with whom we have to do?

I have said many good things about you and will continue to do so.. I am sorry that you can't see even a small positive trait in me that you should avoid me completely.. But so be it..

Oh BTW. This is an open forum and if I see that your statements needs to be addressed I will also continue to do that.. IHS jim

James Banta

No as you not him, also it was the accusations about someone whom he defame many times in many posts who did the same things. Which none are your business.
    Richard? Are you speaking of Richard? A man that broke the rules of the forum so that he could continue to post. A man that lied saying that he wasn't Richard until it was proven that he was? Good source, NOT.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    You know there there are many LDS Bishops and even Stake Presidents that have committed adultery. Have I ever brought them up? NO.
    That is true IMO.

I do speak to Smith and Young because they claimed a special position before the people saying that God called them to that position.
    But don't "many LDS Bishops and even Stake Presidents" claim that God called them to THEIR position, too?

. A position that no Christian minister has ever claimed.
    No Christian minister has ever claimed that their calling came from God? Are you sure? Then who did they claim their calling came from?

That of being a prophet, a man God used to give His word directly to the people.. But their sin is not what you see me concentrating on.. I show instead their unbiblical teaching. Teaching that there are three Gods, teaching that said Adam was God. Teaching that a man had to have the approval of Joseph Smith to enter the Kingdom of God.. Teaching that God was once a man that became a God through obedience to laws and ordinance the same as we must..
    But don't you consider those things to be sins?

Haven't you noticed that I spend most of my efforts here trying to show that the LDS have been taught of a false god..
    So you have been accusing the LDS of committing that sin, right?

If you must accuse someone accuse the one who has willing;y stood up and take the responsibility for my actions, even when He didn't have to.. IHS jim
    Are you saying that you want me to accuse you?
    Last edited by nrajeffreturns; 10-15-2013 at 03:34 PM.

James Banta

[nrajeffreturns;148292]But don't "many LDS Bishops and even Stake Presidents" claim that God called them to THEIR position, too?
    A position in which they receive revelation directly from God as to how to lead the entire church.. You know there is a different level of authority between men such as Bishops and Stake Presidents and men that are said to be presidents of the church..

No Christian minister has ever claimed that their calling came from God?[/B] Are you sure? Then who did they claim their calling came from?
    I never said that.. I claimed only that no Christian Minister ever claimed to be a Prophet of God or one of the 12 Apostles of Jesus..

But don't you consider those things to be sins?
    If they change the nature of God and the message of the Gospel, yes I do..

So you have been accusing the LDS of committing that sin, right?
    Yes, I do.. What does the Bible teach as God's nature? That He is eternally God. That He is One Lord. Jesus is called the image of the invisible God.

Are you saying that you want me to accuse you?
    If you must then yes, accuse me.. Satan is called the accuser of the brothern, if you have to join him in being such, then go ahead accuse me.. All my accusation have been answered.. I have not denied any of the sins I have committed.. They all belong to Jesus now.. So accuse away.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

But if you admit that you have been accusing the LDS of committing sin, and if Satan is called the accuser of the brothern, then.....????? Are you sure you want to be accusing the LDS?

James Banta

Since you see what I say here as being far more false than the truth I would love you to show me one thing I have reported about mormonism that is a lie.. Just one thing that I say that wasn't first used as a support of moromonism either by Joseph Smith or one of the many LDS apostles that have followed him through the years.. I believe that you are falsely accusing me in this post.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

I read this whole topic, and Im still not sure what it was about?
    Old arguments are raised....issues off this forum are brought up over and over...
    Many of the guys in the middle of the bickering ended up kicked out later anyway...

all seems kinda pointless now dont it?