Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I like this forum so much

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    hey! hey! hey! I am seeing a lot of caps in these here replies...I am going to have to report all of you to carm?!!!
    Oh-oh, we're in trouble NOW!!!

Yeah... I just got banned on the other site. I knew beforehand however that I was going to get banned no matter how I worded my replies. I don't mind getting banned every once in a while (this is like my 15th time now, with over 100 warnings) it tells me that I am doing something right, otherwise they wouldn't view me as a threat.

Here's what happened...

Desertscout posts an OP. I noticed that this same article was posted a month before word for word on an antiMormon blog site by creeksalmon. I also noticed by the language and the profile on creeksalmon's blog that creeksalmon was obviously Ivanhoe.

So I told desertscout that one of three conclusions could be reached with absolute certainty.

1. Either desertscout plagiarized his OP,
    2. Or creeksalmon (aka Ivanhoe) plagiarized from him,
    3. Or Ivanhoe and desertscout were the same person, which means that he has two accounts.

Desertscout told the mods that I was lying about people, and I needed to be dwelt with.

The mods deleted my post and told me that I can not make alagations without proof.
    (And here's the kicker) the mod then posted for all to see that it is in fact Mormon Posters who are always guilty of breaking the rules and having multiple accounts.

So I reposted and replied with links and absolute evidence that either desertscout or creeksalmon was plagiarizing, or that desertcreek and Ivanhoe were the same person which meant he had two accounts.

Ivanhoe finally admitted (in his words) that he was the one who plagerized from desertscout, and that "yes" he was in fact creeksalmon.
    To his credit desertscout then apologized to me for calling me a liar, and that he would accept the punishment of the mods for doing so.

Well... Can you guess what happened next?

You're right! Nothing happened to them, but I was the one who got banned.
    Now what got me so upset though was that I was banned for "insulting another Poster".
    Now I consider it a badge of honor to get banned for "interfering with the ministry" but for insulting another Poster? That in itself is insulting to me. I feel like writing them back and making them change it to a ban for interfering with their ministry, at least that way I can hold my head up.
    Last edited by theway; 08-29-2013 at 11:25 AM.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Yeah... I just got banned on the other site. I knew beforehand however that I was going to get banned no matter how I worded my replies. I don't mind getting banned every once in a while (this is like my 15th time now, with over 100 warnings) it tells me that I am doing something right, otherwise they wouldn't view me as a threat.

Desertscout posts an OP. I noticed that this same article was posted a month before word for word on an antiMormon blog site by creeksalmon. I also noticed by the language and the profile on creeksalmon's blog that creeksalmon was obviously Ivanhoe.

So I told desertscout that one of three conclusions could be reached with absolute certainty.

3. Or Ivanhoe and desertscout were the same person, which means that he has two accounts.

Desertscout told the mods that I was lying about people, and I needed to be dwelt with.

The mods deleted my post and told me that I can not make alagations without proof.
    (And here's the kicker) the mod then posted for all to see that it is in fact Mormon Posters who are always guilty of breaking the rules and having multiple accounts.

So I reposted and replied with links and absolute evidence that either desertscout or creeksalmon was plagiarizing, or that desertcreek and Ivanhoe were the same person which meant he had two accounts.

Ivanhoe finally admitted (in his words) that he was the one who plagerized from desertscout, and that "yes" he was in fact creeksalmon.
    To his credit desertscout then apologized to me for calling me a liar, and that he would accept the punishment of the mods for doing so.

Now what got me so upset though was that I was banned for "insulting a Poster".
    Now I consider it a badge of honor to get banned for "interfering with the ministry" but for insulting a Poster? That in itself is insulting to me. I feel like writing them back and making them change it to a ban for interfering with their ministry, at least that why I can hold my head up.
    Here's what happened...
    Well at least September Dawn, didn't happen to you.
    I was banned from a mormon site once, I think Dan the manless Peterson, had something to do with it.

nrajeffreturns

Here's what happened...

So I reposted and replied with links and absolute evidence that it was either desertscout or creeksalmon was plagerizing, or that desertcreek and Ivanhoe were the same person which meant he had two accounts.

Now what got me so upset though was that I was banned for "insulting a Poster".
    Now I consider it a badge of honor to get banned for "interfering with the ministry" but for insulting a Poster? That in itself is insulting to me. I feel like writing them back and making them change it to a ban for interfering with their ministry, at least that why I can hold my head up.
    That is perhaps a new low in Cr@m moderating. I say "perhaps" because it is hard to imagine them getting any lower than they already are. Their unfair double standard has got to be obvious even to the most rabid anti-LDS among the posters, such as Brian/Catherine/Yakster. As for "akaseerone," I am not sure he has the intellectual acumen to recognize the unfairness, but it may even be apparent to him, on some dim level.

BTW, the last time I tried to appeal a completely unfair punishment, I got yelled at because the lowly peons are not allowed to speak to the moderators. The mods are on some holier level and above being questioned. You can get banned for even speaking to them.

Which is ironic, since they are the ones attacking the LDS for believing that humans can become gods. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    That is perhaps a new low in Cr@m moderating. I say "perhaps" because it is hard to imagine them getting any lower than they already are. Their unfair double standard has got to be obvious even to the most rabid anti-LDS among the posters, such as Brian/Catherine/Yakster. As for "akaseerone," I am not sure he has the intellectual acumen to recognize the unfairness, but it may even be apparent to him, on some dim level.

BTW, the last time I tried to appeal a completely unfair punishment, I got yelled at because the lowly peons are not allowed to speak to the moderators. The mods are on some holier level and above being questioned. You can get banned for even speaking to them.

Which is ironic, since they are the ones attacking the LDS for believing that humans can become gods. LOL
    Yeah... I had the same thing happen, only in my case I did not understand why I was being banned as they left no reason, so I asked them.
    They then extended the ban for questioning the ruling of a Moderator???
    The Mods over there are not ashamed of their bias. The time before this that I was banned for insulting another Poster, the Mod again left a message on the thread for all to see which said (paraphrasing) "well it looks like Theway is already banned yet again"
    LOL... kinda hypocritical considering the reasoning in which he banned me.

Oh well, that's entertainment.

nrajeffreturns

Some of my all-time favorites on the Double Standard Hit Parade, are the times when an anti made a truly insulting post such as accusing Bert of being insane, and I QUOTED the post as an example of attacking a poster.

The result?

"YOU have received an infraction. Reason: INSULTING or attacking another poster."

or

"YOU have received an infraction. Reason: Being divisive."

At that point, pretty much all you can do is shake your head in disbelief and marvel at how some of the antis praise the mods for the great, Christian way they are doing their ***.

James Banta

Some of my all-time favorites on the Double Standard Hit Parade, are the times when an anti made a truly insulting post such as accusing Bert of being insane, and I QUOTED the post as an example of attacking a poster.

The result?

"YOU have received an infraction. Reason: INSULTING or attacking another poster."

or

At that point, pretty much all you can do is shake your head in disbelief and marvel at how some of the antis praise the mods for the great, Christian way they are doing their ***.
    You get those here on WM? IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    You get those here on WM? IHS jim
    No, Jim. We get those over at C-A-R-M. We DON'T get that treatment here.....and.....

that's why we like this forum so much.

See the name of this thread.

James Banta

No, Jim. We get those over at C-A-R-M. We DON'T get that treatment here.....and.....

that's why we like this forum so much.

See the name of this thread.
    Good I am glad that wasn't your experience here.. As far as what does on at CARM let's leave it there.. I came here myself because of the ridged self importance I saw on CARM.. I like Jill. She allows Adults to be adults.. We all know the proper way to act.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Good I am glad that wasn't your experience here.. As far as what does on at CARM let's leave it there.
    The problem is that Slick and his mob of mods at Carm won't allow us to leave it there. They won't allow us to discuss their unfairness over there. Discussing their unfairness is against their rules, and will result in punishments. So they force us to discuss their unfairness on other sites. I would be happy to follow the Biblical command that goes "If you have a problem with another person, take it up with him privately first." I guess Carm doesn't believe in following the Bible in that respect...

I came here myself because of the ridged self importance I saw on CARM..
    Yes, you are right. And it is their self-importance that makes it impossible to get grievances redressed there.

James Banta

[nrajeffreturns;147461]The problem is that Slick and his mob of mods at Carm won't allow us to leave it there. They won't allow us to discuss their unfairness over there. Discussing their unfairness is against their rules, and will result in punishments. So they force us to discuss their unfairness on other sites. I would be happy to follow the Biblical command that goes "If you have a problem with another person, take it up with him privately first." I guess Carm doesn't believe in following the Bible in that respect...
    I don't much like CARM either, so what.. They aren't hear to hear your complaints about them. Here I really don't see how it effect the way WM is operated.. CARM is a non issue here.. I will not respond to such again because
    1. It has nothing to do with the teaching of the Bible
    2. It has nothing to do with with this forum
    3. It has nothing to do with the truth of falsehood of mormonism..
    4. By complaining about it you violate the request of our hostess who asked us not to discuss other sites on this one..

Yes, you are right. And it is their self-importance that makes it impossible to get grievances redressed there.
    Please be respectful of Jill and do as she has asked.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

The result?

or

And what do you know, it just happened AGAIN. Prepare to shake your head. All I did was QUOTE armoredyak, so everyone could see his latest insult and attack, which would get him an infraction if he was pro-LDS.

Dear NRA-Jeff,
    You have received a warning at Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat.

Reason:
    -------
    Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users. Rule 25: Freedom of Speech: Freedom of speech here comes with the responsibility to speak decently within the parameters of the rules.By registering you are agreeing not to be vulgar, divisive,insulting,profane, etc. (read all the rules). It helps to try and treat others as you want to be treated. (Luke 6:31)

Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users.

-------

Original Post:
    http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=4704356
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredyak View Post

'when the cretins hang on every word of whatever guru and drivel spewing con man says, they dont have to have a constant chorus of 'its a prophecy' accompanying their words/tripe. the 'faithful' will believe the bovine excrement....the sane will consign it to the dustbin. the delusional will find a way to prop up the scaffolding of silliness.'

Me: What a mature post from a literary genius. Anyway, someone asked for evidence that shows Huntington's story to be of questionable veracity...at least questionable to the non-bigoted. So here goes:

"...it is likely that Huntington was repeating a description provided by another Latter-day Saint, Philo Dibble. (Huntington was a child at the time Smith lived and was not a close contemporary of Smith at any time during his life.) It is unclear what Dibble's source for the statement is, because Dibble did not indicate whether the recollection was his own or something he had heard from another person.The alleged teaching was first recorded by Huntington in a journal entry after he heard it from Dibble approximately forty years after Smith's death. Regarding Huntington's second claim, the official LDS Church's record of the blessing indicates that it was given to Huntington by his father, William Huntington, and not by Joseph Smith, Sr.

There are no contemporary reports, records, or any other written support of Smith's alleged views or statements on extraterrestrials, nor are there any reports of statements other than the one claimed by Huntington, which both LDS and non-LDS scholars widely view as being entirely unreliable and unverified."

(from the Wikipedia article on Mormon cosmology)

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

So I somehow insulted the Yak by quoting HIS post where HE insulted the LDS.

A-mazing.

Sir

And what do you know, it just happened AGAIN. Prepare to shake your head. All I did was QUOTE armoredyak, so everyone could see his latest insult and attack, which would get him an infraction if he was pro-LDS.

Dear NRA-Jeff,
    You have received a warning at Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat.

Reason:
    -------
    Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users. Rule 25: Freedom of Speech: Freedom of speech here comes with the responsibility to speak decently within the parameters of the rules.By registering you are agreeing not to be vulgar, divisive,insulting,profane, etc. (read all the rules). It helps to try and treat others as you want to be treated. (Luke 6:31)

Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users.

-------

Original Post:
    http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=4704356
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredyak View Post

'when the cretins hang on every word of whatever guru and drivel spewing con man says, they dont have to have a constant chorus of 'its a prophecy' accompanying their words/tripe. the 'faithful' will believe the bovine excrement....the sane will consign it to the dustbin. the delusional will find a way to prop up the scaffolding of silliness.'

Me: What a mature post from a literary genius. Anyway, someone asked for evidence that shows Huntington's story to be of questionable veracity...at least questionable to the non-bigoted. So here goes:

"...it is likely that Huntington was repeating a description provided by another Latter-day Saint, Philo Dibble. (Huntington was a child at the time Smith lived and was not a close contemporary of Smith at any time during his life.) It is unclear what Dibble's source for the statement is, because Dibble did not indicate whether the recollection was his own or something he had heard from another person.The alleged teaching was first recorded by Huntington in a journal entry after he heard it from Dibble approximately forty years after Smith's death. Regarding Huntington's second claim, the official LDS Church's record of the blessing indicates that it was given to Huntington by his father, William Huntington, and not by Joseph Smith, Sr.

There are no contemporary reports, records, or any other written support of Smith's alleged views or statements on extraterrestrials, nor are there any reports of statements other than the one claimed by Huntington, which both LDS and non-LDS scholars widely view as being entirely unreliable and unverified."

(from the Wikipedia article on Mormon cosmology)

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

So I somehow insulted the Yak by quoting HIS post where HE insulted the LDS.

A-mazing.
    In that thread, I made a post about "theway" getting banned. I said that he should've just called people cretins and called them insane so that he would get to stay and play longer. Someone reported that post of mine, and the mods gave it a "no violation". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......someone actually tried to report me for telling the LDS to use the attacking words of the anti-LDS, and the mods agreed with me that it was okay for me to tell a LDS to say those things.

A-mazing indeed.

P.S. - I also comment to you, Jeff, since Mod18 said it was easy for you to alert violations. I said that you only get 2, but if you do what the anti-s do (especially Apologette/ Catherine), you go to the visitor's wall of individual posters and lobby them to report posts after you've met your quota.

P.S.S - She sure likes talking about YOU, Jeff, on BrianH's wall...she's obsessed with you, and whether or not you are other posters as well. OBSESSED!!!

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    In that thread, I made a post about "theway" getting banned. I said that he should've just called people cretins and called them insane so that he would get to stay and play longer. Someone reported that post of mine, and the mods gave it a "no violation". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......someone actually tried to report me for telling the LDS to use the attacking words of the anti-LDS, and the mods agreed with me that it was okay for me to tell a LDS to say those things.

A-mazing indeed.

P.S. - I also comment to you, Jeff, since Mod18 said it was easy for you to alert violations. I said that you only get 2, but if you do what the anti-s do (especially Apologette/ Catherine), you go to the visitor's wall of individual posters and lobby them to report posts after you've met your quota.

P.S.S - She sure likes talking about YOU, Jeff, on BrianH's wall...she's obsessed with you, and whether or not you are other posters as well. OBSESSED!!!
    Watch what I mean, Jeff:

Catherine Aurelia - 08-16-13 08:43 AM

CBB MBC is either Jeff or Austin. Both of whom are suddenly missing. He pretends he's new, but he's full of the same kind of nasty responses that those two spout.

Catherine Aurelia - 08-08-13 09:18 AM

He likes to play both sides.

Catherine Aurelia - 08-06-13 07:14 AM

You know, I think you might be right. Hal only comes here periodically, and when Jeff is suspended! Good work!

Catherine Aurelia - 08-06-13 05:57 AM

I wonder if they didn't catch up with him now - he was suspended supposedly forever supposedly for using multiple accounts. This latest one with the hyphen between NRA and Jeff was simply another example. These Mormons are incredible! They think that rules don't apply to them.
    That's just on page 1 of Brain's wall. I have read many of her posts on people's walls going back 2-3 years. She is OBSESSED with getting others to report LDS.

If you have time, read the walls of people like armoredyak, BrianH, NHisMage.....good stuff!

James Banta

Sir please leave CARM on CARM.. It's hasn't any place here.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Thanks for that info. I almost never go check out such messages. I am not even sure that I am able to, unless the person allows others to see the messages. But this deserves investigation, I think.

I will let Jim have some peace, and quit bringing this up here, unless there's another egregious example that I think would be good to show in this thread. Anyone who wants to can reach me at my Hotmail address.

jdjhere

This in an interesting discussion. I signed up for CARM and went there but got kinda lost. I was familiar with the WM site format and knew a few folks from here so I keep coming back here. I really never get any feelings of hatred between anybody here (though there is a lot of dry sarcasm!) and that helps. Is it like that at CARM? Even though I have violently disagreed with a few people here I surely dont hate them.
    Last edited by jdjhere; 09-06-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Add

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    This in an interesting discussion. I signed up for CARM and went there but got kinda lost. I was familiar with the WM site format and knew a few folks from here so I keep coming back here. I really never get any feelings of hatred between anybody here (though there is a lot of dry sarcasm!) and that helps. Is it like that at CARM? Even though I have violently disagreed with a few people here I surely dont hate them.
    If you hated them then it wouldn't be problem for you to just walk away without saying a word to them about Jesus and the judgement ahead for those that reject Him in favor of a different Jesus invented by a man.. A Jesus that became a god, the creation of a god who himself was the creation of an older god who was the creation of yet another older god and so on.. I don't hate these people They are my people.. I feel about them the way Paul felt for Israel.

Romans 10:1
    Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

IHS jim

If you hated them then it wouldn't be problem for you to just walk away without saying a word to them about Jesus and the judgement ahead for those that reject Him in favor of a different Jesus invented by a man.. A Jesus that became a god, the creation of a god who himself was the creation of an older god who was the creation of yet another older god and so on.. I don't hate these people They are my people.. I feel about them the way Paul felt for Israel.

Romans 10:1
    Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

IHS jim
    And this is exactly why I like CARM far more than I like it over here.

Over here there is only one real AntiMormon poster left, and he is sooooooo boring. I honestly don't remember that last time I was able to get past the first two sentences of one of his posts.

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    This in an interesting discussion. I signed up for CARM and went there but got kinda lost. I was familiar with the WM site format and knew a few folks from here so I keep coming back here. I really never get any feelings of hatred between anybody here (though there is a lot of dry sarcasm!) and that helps. Is it like that at CARM?
    NO. It is not like that over there. You are right about this forum--not much really ill will. But if you lurk at the (anti-) LDS forum of Carm, you will see some of the most offensive, insulting mockery of another group of people. Not from ALL the anti-LDS posters, of course. Some of them are not too bad. But a few "usual suspects" make the forum deserve its nickname "cesspool."

jdjhere

Well I will never bother going there then. Heck, I hardly come HERE anymore. As a Christian, I am called to love all people but not all beliefs. Some people are harder to love than others. For instance, it would be very difficult for me to love a radical islamist who just finished beheading someone simply because they are a Christian or american, or a Chinese Communist who has murdered people simply for being Christian and not conforming or believing in their humanistic belief system. Now I have a few friends that are atheists but are nice, well meaning people. I see the LDS people here the same way but with a bizarre belief in who or what God is. I see exactly what Walter Martin meant when he talked about the Truth being stuffed with a lie. It looks good on the outside but inside it is stuffed with lies, polluting the Truth of what God is. He is NOT an exalted man. Stop adding to the Bible. God is Spirit. I have nothing against LDS people and know many. I even know a wiccan woman and she is one of the most honest sincere people I know but I pray for her every day and am afraid for her on Judgement Day because Jesus said He is the Way, Truth and Life and that no one comes to the Father but by Him. 2 Cor 11:4 "For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him" or Gal 1:8 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." I believe the LDS here are just as sincere as I know I am but we can not both be right about who and what God is, and that changes everything on who or what Jesus Christ is and if we truly know Him or not.

James Banta

Over here there is only one real AntiMormon poster left, and he is sooooooo boring. I honestly don't remember that last time I was able to get past the first two sentences of one of his posts.
    If that is where you like it best.. May you find your place there.. IHS jim

Sir

If that is where you like it best.. May you find your place there.. IHS jim
    theway,

at least in this post you only have 2 sentences, so you might get through it.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    theway,

at least in this post you only have 2 sentences, so you might get through it.
    It's a shame that he has such a short attention span.. IHS jim

Sir

It's a shame that he has such a short attention span.. IHS jim
    Now james, I thought you were the one who claimed to be above-board and to not make personal attacks on posters, and whine and complain about other posters that do, and call for civility in everyone's posts.

Why the change?