Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I like this forum so much

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    That might be a valid point. Let's consider it:

Which is worse?

a) Sleeping with women who you didn't marry.
    b) Marrying more than one woman at a time.

I am not the first to wonder at the society we live in, where it's illegal to be married to more than one wife, but it's legal to have one-night stands with people, as long as you're NOT married to them.

Something about that just seems upside-down, common-sense-wise.
    Well it depend if the women was married. According to the Old Testament.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    Opinion. Conjecture. false accusations based on negative bias. Same old billy.

Nothing new.
    And nothing new with you--denying the truth that I have said. You are only hurting yourself.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    And nothing new with you--denying the truth that I have said. You are only hurting yourself.
    I believe in planting seeds, however sometimes we plant the whole lower 40 and still the Spirit is blocked. Such is the work of the counterfeit jesus of Joseph Smith jr. Mind. Sad, but they got it bad, and the best thing I can do is have fun with it.
    Fun doesn't sound like the right word, but it beats crying.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I believe in planting seeds, however sometimes we plant the whole lower 40 and still the Spirit is blocked. Such is the work of the counterfeit jesus of Joseph Smith jr. Mind. Sad, but they got it bad, and the best thing I can do is have fun with it.
    That's how I feel about you guys.

So I have fun with your posts and point out the problems with your logic.

People like billyray simply chant that they are truth-tellers and anyone who doesn't listen to them are Hell-bound.

Simply funny since everything that he says can be simply switched around and refer to himself.

It's a silly cycle so the fun comes in pointing out the [il]logical positions of the posters.

Billyray

That's how I feel about you guys.

So I have fun with your posts and point out the problems with your logic.

People like billyray simply chant that they are truth-tellers and anyone who doesn't listen to them are Hell-bound.

Simply funny since everything that he says can be simply switched around and refer to himself.

It's a silly cycle so the fun comes in pointing out the [il]logical positions of the posters.
    The only problem with your position is that you can't seem to back it up with the Bible.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    The only problem with your position is that you can't seem to back it up with the Bible.
    and the merry go round starts.

RealFakeHair

and the merry go round starts.
    Great metaphor for Joseph Smith jr. imaginary religion. Reaching the top of what mormonism offers ie EXALTATION is like being on a merry-go-round. No matter which horse you are ridding and no matter how fast the ride goes you are still going around in a circle, ever reaching for the br*** ring that is just out of reach.

James Banta

That's a perfect example of why people flock to the easy false gospel of cheap grace. They blame their sins on the "sin that is inside them", then they claim that Jesus has simply paid for their sin so there is no need to feel guilty for sinning. Oops, I committed adultery. Oh well, no need to feel guilty. Jesus paid for it and hey!, my actually committing adultery is no different than anybody else who has simply looked at a woman.

No wonder people like James find anything else as "not making sense". Their gospel relieves them of any responsibility or guilt of committing sin, which actually cheapens the atonement and gives them a sense of license to sin since they can easily blame their sin on sin and claim that they are still righteous and holy since God doesn't see their sin.
    You sin, I sin, ALL HUMAN BEING SIN.. (Romans 3:23). James tells u that if we offend in one point of the Law we are guilty of all (James 2:10).. The Holy spirit through Paul teaches us that:

2 Corinthians 5:21
    For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

As well as

Romans 7:14-17
    For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
    For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
    If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
    Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Seems that all you have done here is to deny the Bible at every turn.. You want to consider me to be a liar, FINE do so. Please leave room that God doesn't lie in your lack of faith in His teachings.. You should know by now that everything I say here has the backing of the Bible.. I have seen nothing you teach as having any at all.. IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Maybe that's because all you plant are tares.

You reap what you sow.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post

You reap what you sow.
    All your arguments are a "Is so, is not" variety. There is no substance to any such argument.. I guess this is the best that we can except from mormonism.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

You reap what you sow.
    I was goin to say that bout U folks, but then thougth, it was just too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    All your arguments are a "Is so, is not" variety. There is no substance to any such argument.. I guess this is the best that we can except from mormonism.. IHS jim
    No... That's just the best you can expect from me on this tired forum, as there is nobody listening anyway.

RealFakeHair

No... That's just the best you can expect from me on this tired forum, as there is nobody listening anyway.
    Somebody was listening. Hack, Hack, Hack! lol

jdjhere

jdjhere stated (post 74):
    Let's be fair and let's not forget the "prophets" sins...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#List_of_wives
    Why is this OK but you guys practically crucify James Banta?

nrajeffreturns stated (post 75):
    That might be a valid point. Let's consider it:
    Which is worse?
    a) Sleeping with women who you didn't marry.
    b) Marrying more than one woman at a time.
    I am not the first to wonder at the society we live in, where it's illegal to be married to more than one wife, but it's legal to have one-night stands with people, as long as you're NOT married to them.
    Something about that just seems upside-down, common-sense-wise.

Note: I totally agree with you, Jeff, at least to the bottom part. My answer to a and b would be both.

You tell me, Jeff. Which one of these things did Joseph Smith do? Did he legally marry these women? That was and still is against the law in the U.S. So, did he not marry these women? Did he not have sexual relations with any of them? I think that seems very naïve to think he didn't but if you think that then that is your right. If you don’t mind Jeff tell us what you believe Joseph Smith did with these "wives" (or concubines??). It seems logical to me that he was just trying to fulfill what he taught, mainly that he needed wives and children to populate his next phase of his existence, right? Oh yes, and perhaps following his carnal "needs" as well. Talk for awhile Jeff and tell us what you think. Thanks.

* Just as a side note, at least James Banta recognized his sin and has repented and turned away from it and has asked God for forgiveness through Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith to his last breathe claimed that what he did was from God Himself because, after all, that was what God Himself had done as an exalted man!
    Last edited by jdjhere; 09-12-2013 at 12:24 PM.

jdjhere

Is CARM as slow as this website is? I have noticed that Sir and TheWay are back since I have left so I see a few people are coming back in.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    Is CARM as slow as this website is? I have noticed that Sir and TheWay are back since I have left so I see a few people are coming back in.
    Well when U aint got much else to do in the morning.

jdjhere

And then there was good old brother Parley...

http://jared.pratt-family.org/parley...st_parley.html

shot off his horse for marrying another mans wife...

http://jared.pratt-family.org/parley...nterviews.html

seems they all wanted to get into the act.

RealFakeHair

And then there was good old brother Parley...

http://jared.pratt-family.org/parley...st_parley.html

shot off his horse for marrying another mans wife...

http://jared.pratt-family.org/parley...nterviews.html

seems they all wanted to get into the act.
    It was kinda funny today. I was watching the BYU channel and the morning discussion was on, the pearl of great price.
    Here they were reading from the Book of Abraham, like it was really a true reading from the hand of Abraham. I something think, they have got to know better. It was from an Egyptian book of the Dead, not from Abraham!
    How ****** they appeared to me discussing a fairy-tail as if it were true.
    Amazing, I tell you simply amazing.

jdjhere

Here are just a few more
    Matthew 19:36
    Jesus said "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife (not plural): and they shall be one flesh." In this p***age, He cited the Genesis creation account, in particular Gen. 1:27 and 2:24, saying ‘the two will become one flesh’, not more than two.
    1 Timothy 3:2
    "Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach..."
    Ephesians 5:22–33
    Another important biblical teaching is the parallel of husband and wife with Christ and the Church in which makes sense only with monogamy — Jesus will not have multiple brides.
    Exodus 20:17
    The 10th Commandment "You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife" [singular]) also presupposes the ideal that there is only one wife.

nrajeffreturns

Note: I totally agree with you, Jeff, at least to the bottom part. My answer to a and b would be both.
    My answer would be: IMO, a dozen "casual" encounters with people you just met that day from a bar or brothel, and have no love for and no intention of providing for, is terrible, compared to the COMMITMENT that courtship followed by MARRIAGE for life entails.

You tell me, Jeff. Which one of these things did Joseph Smith do? Did he legally marry these women?
    Perhaps.

That was and still is against the law in the U.S.
    The Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act became law in 1862. Joseph Smith was killed in 1844.

So, did he not marry these women?
    Many of them were merely sealed to him in the afterlife, which federal laws really can't touch.

Did he not have sexual relations with any of them?
    I don't know and neither do you; we weren't there.

I think that seems very naïve to think he didn't
    According to all available evidence, Smith was the father of none of those women's children. So your only recourse is hearsay and allegations.

If you don’t mind Jeff tell us what you believe Joseph Smith did with these "wives" (or concubines??).
    If his marriages were not really illegal, I'd say he was free to do what any married man is free to do.

Joseph Smith to his last breathe claimed that what he did was from God Himself because, after all, that was what God Himself had done as an exalted man!
    I don't think you can back that allegation/opinion of yours up with a quote. Prove me wrong.
    Last edited by nrajeffreturns; 09-12-2013 at 09:47 PM.

jdjhere

Which allegation do you mean? That Joseph Smith believed polygamy was given directly to him from God? Or the other part... that God is an exalted man?

jdjhere

By the way... are the people on Sister Wives Reorganized LDS or ? Does anyone know?
    Oh, I found it

Apostolic United Brethern

The AUB’s claims to authority are based around the accounts of John Wickersham Woolley, Lorin Calvin Woolley and others, of a meeting in September 1886 between LDS Church President John Taylor, the Woolleys, and others. Prior to the meeting, Taylor is said to have met with Jesus Christ and the deceased church founder, Joseph Smith, Jr., and to have received a revelation commanding that plural marriage should not cease, but be kept alive by a group separate from the LDS Church. The following day, the Woolleys, as well as Taylor’s counselor, George Q. Cannon, and others, were said to have been set apart to keep “the principle” alive.

Do LDS here agree this is what happened?
    Last edited by jdjhere; 09-12-2013 at 01:46 PM.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    My answer would be: IMO, a dozen "casual" encounters with people you just met that day from a bar or brothel, and have no love for and no intention of providing for, is terrible, compared to the COMMITMENT that courtship followed by MARRIAGE for life entails.

Perhaps.

The Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act became law in 1862. Joseph Smith was killed in 1844.

Many of them were merely sealed to him in the afterlife, which federal laws really can't touch.

I don't know and neither do you; we weren't there.

According to all available evidence, Smith was the father of none of those women. So your only recourse is hearsay and allegations.

If his marriages were not really illegal, I'd say he was free to do what any married man is free to do.

I don't think you can back that allegation/opinion of yours up with a quote. Prove me wrong.
    Why do you make excuses for the man? You sound like the democrits making excuses for Bill Clinton.
    Lets just replace Bill's name with Joseph's name. Here is one excuse. What Joseph did with Monica did not interfere with his ability to do his *** as president.

jdjhere

Warren Jeff's church-
    (Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints)
    The FLDS Church teaches that a man having multiple wives is ordained by God and is a requirement for a man to receive the highest form of salvation.
    It is generally believed in the church that a man should have a minimum of three wives to fulfill this requirement.
    Wives are required to be subordinate to their husbands.
    The church has come under fire over allegations of sexual and mental abuse of wives and underage polygamous marriages.
    There are said to be over 30,000 people practising polygamy in Utah, Idaho, Montana and Arizona, even though it is illegal.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk
    Last edited by jdjhere; 09-12-2013 at 02:22 PM.

jdjhere

nrajeffreturns stated: "I don't think you can back that allegation/opinion of yours up with a quote. Prove me wrong."

jdjhere asked: "Which allegation do you mean? That Joseph Smith believed polygamy was given directly to him from God? Or the other part... that God is an exalted man?"