Thread: Yahweh's Restoration Ministry

Gwen

Question Yahweh's Restoration Ministry

I have looked at some material from this group out of Missouri and it seems they are advocating the necessity of Christians practicing Old Testament feasts and celebrations to truly be followers of Christ. I understand Acts 15 to free non-Jews that believe Jesus for Salvation from adherence to the Law since they were not required to keep the Law before they were believers.

Can anybody tell me if this group is a misguided Christian sect or a cult of modern day Pharisees?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
    I have looked at some material from this group out of Missouri and it seems they are advocating the necessity of Christians practicing Old Testament feasts and celebrations to truly be followers of Christ. I understand Acts 15 to free non-Jews that believe Jesus for Salvation from adherence to the Law since they were not required to keep the Law before they were believers.

Can anybody tell me if this group is a misguided Christian sect or a cult of modern day Pharisees?
    Who are they I would like a bit more information on them.. IHS jim

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen View Post

Gwen,

Here is a link that has a brief comparison chart:

http://www.simpledevotions.org/apolo...tion/index.php

To them the Trinity is heretical (making them a 'Christian' cult' in the wrong Jesus sense) and Baptism at age 20 is necessary to "be free of our carnal nature". That's enough to know for me however here is a blog anecdote detailing their legalism from another legalists POV:

http://plaintorahkeeper.blogspot.com...storation.html.

If this is for your interests steer clear. You are right we are not bound by the laws of the Jews. If this is for an entangled loved one. Love, Pray, and be ready to give an answer for the hope withing you when they see theirs fade in the brand which they are trusting now.

Grace and Peace,

MacG

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    Gwen,

Here is a link that has a brief comparison chart:

http://www.simpledevotions.org/apolo...tion/index.php

To them the Trinity is heretical (making them a 'Christian' cult' in the wrong Jesus sense) and Baptism at age 20 is necessary to "be free of our carnal nature". That's enough to know for me however here is a blog anecdote detailing their legalism from another legalists POV:

http://plaintorahkeeper.blogspot.com...storation.html.

If this is for your interests steer clear. You are right we are not bound by the laws of the Jews. If this is for an entangled loved one. Love, Pray, and be ready to give an answer for the hope withing you when they see theirs fade in the brand which they are trusting now.

Grace and Peace,

MacG
    Hey Mac.
    If a group is trying to earn their salvation through obedience to Law and nor in the grace of God though faith in Jesus, wouldn't adherence to the whole of the law including the feasts be a requirement? That is always something I stress to the LDS.. If they are going to be obedient then BE OBEDIENT.. Trouble is even Paul the Apostle confessed that in him, that is his flesh, sin remained and sometimes got out. When it did it was the sin within him that was responsible and not the new Paul. The new born child of the Most High God.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

its a non-Christian CULT....

There is nothing good to be found there...

Snicker

Eieioooooohh and that's all