Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Interesting conversion story

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    If you believe that God isn't willing and able to keep married people married even after they die, then "you know neither the scriptures nor the power of God."
    Jeff can you show me anywhere in the NT church where temple marriage is mentioned like that taught in the LDS church?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    The Bible teaches eternal marriage in heaven:
    The Bible teaches that there will be a marriage supper of the Lamb where believers will be joined together with Christ IN HEAVEN.

Does the Bible teach anything about a man and his wife being temple married--like that taught in the LDS church--on earth anywhere in the NT?

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    The Bible teaches that there will be a marriage supper of the Lamb where believers will be joined together with Christ IN HEAVEN.

Does the Bible teach anything about a man and his wife being temple married--like that taught in the LDS church--on earth anywhere in the NT?
    The books canonized in the NT were chosen partly as a way to share the basic good news of the gospel with the general public. Esoteric doctrines and rituals that were meant only for those who were more grown up in the gospel, and ready for advanced stuff, were left out of the NT.

So the answer is "no." But OTHER early Christian documents DO refer to such "secret" Christian practices as vicarious ordinances for dead people, and marriage ceremonies meant to last after death.

Billyray

The books canonized in the NT were chosen partly as a way to share the basic good news of the gospel with the general public. Esoteric doctrines and rituals that were meant only for those who were more grown up in the gospel, and ready for advanced stuff, were left out of the NT.
    What books were left out of the NT?

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    What books were left out of the NT?
    I didn't say "books." But some of the documents from early Christianity, such as epistles, are mentioned in Mormonism and Early Christianity. You should read it.

Billyray

I didn't say "books." But some of the documents from early Christianity, such as epistles, are mentioned in Mormonism and Early Christianity. You should read it.
    Here is your post
    The books canonized in the NT were chosen partly as a way to share the basic good news of the gospel with the general public.

nrajeffreturns

and you will notice that I didn't say that any BOOKs were LEFT OUT.

James Banta

and you will notice that I didn't say that any BOOKs were LEFT OUT.
    Maybe not but that is inferred in your comments.. Have you read the Book of Enoch? Do you believe that angels (Evil angels) came to the earth and took human women, and by this all of the evil of the world we know today was born? I had been taught that all those angels that rejected the Plan of Jesus were never born? Can spirits father the children of human women? Are they creative in their nature? Is that LDS doctrine now? That angels came to human woman and impregnated them? If mormonism hasn't changed again then the teaching that we have to p*** though mortality to gain the power of eternal procreation is still it's doctrine them the Book of Enoch would be false.. Should such be "Left out of the Bible"? YES because it teaches error. IHS jim