Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Mormonism false..

James Banta

Default Why is Mormonism false..

The number one reason is BECAUSE IT HAS CHANGED GOD FROM WHAT HE IS REVEALED TO BE AND MADE INTO THE LIKENESS OF A MAN. The second reason is because they deny the singularity of God an opting for a teaching that billion of billions of Gods exist in the cosmos and that three exist for this world.. That is a denial of the Bible that teaching that God must have be lying when he said "Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.". Time and again the LDS deny that the Words of God are truth. Jesus said that His words would never p*** away and yet if they are corrupted then the word we have is worthless.. Remember Jesus is the Word, and the Word is God (John 1:1).. But that is only if the Bible is God's truth.. The requires faith in Jesus and that faith is the only hope we have to access the grace of God unto salvation.. IHS jim

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    The number one reason is BECAUSE IT HAS CHANGED GOD FROM WHAT HE IS REVEALED TO BE AND MADE INTO THE LIKENESS OF A MAN.
    Actually, the Bible teaches us that man was made in the likeness of God, which the LDS believe.

The second reason is because they deny the singularity of God an opting for a teaching that billion of billions of Gods exist in the cosmos and that three exist for this world..
    Actually, YOU deny the "singularity" of God because God is not singular but plural (3).

Secondly, LDS do not teach a doctrine of "billions of billions of Gods", so once again the anti-LDS resort to deceit and purposefully spreading misleading info.

The number one reason is BECAUSE IT HAS CHANGED GOD FROM WHAT HE IS REVEALED TO BE AND MADE INTO THE LIKENESS OF A MAN.
    We did not make God into our likeness, it was God who made man in His likeness, and then commanded us to change our nature to be Godlike, I.e. Christlike.
    Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:..

Why do you find Gods image, nature and likeness to be so disgusting to you?

The second reason is because they deny the singularity of God an opting for a teaching that billion of billions of Gods exist in the cosmos and that three exist for this world.. That is a denial of the Bible that teaching that God must have be lying when he said "Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.". Time and again the LDS deny that the Words of God are truth. Jesus said that His words would never p*** away and yet if they are corrupted then the word we have is worthless.. Remember Jesus is the Word, and the Word is God (John 1:1).. But that is only if the Bible is God's truth.. The requires faith in Jesus and that faith is the only hope we have to access the grace of God unto salvation.. IHS jim
    I believe there is One God and there is no God beside Him, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you need to explain?
    Last edited by theway; 10-04-2013 at 05:24 PM.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    We did not make God into our likeness, it was God who made man in His likeness, and then commanded us to change our nature to be Godlike, I.e. Christlike.

Why do you find Gods image, nature and likeness to be so discussing to you?

I believe there is One God and there is no God beside Him, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you need to explain?
    If God made man in his likeness as in the way the LDS inc. Say man was; (in human form) then what image was woman created in?

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    If God made man in his likeness as in the way the LDS inc. Say man was; (in human form) then what image was woman created in?
    I'm sorry, I'm going by what the Bible says, I don't even know how the LDS defines likeness.

But then, neither you or James described what being One means, or what "likeness" means.

Billyray

I'm sorry, I'm going by what the Bible says. . .
    Genesis 1"26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness. . ."

Who are "US" in this verse?

MacG

I believe there is One God and there is no God beside Him...
    Do you believe in exaltation?

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    Do you believe in exaltation?
    Of course...

James Banta

[Sir;148080]Actually, the Bible teaches us that man was made in the likeness of God, which the LDS believe.
    Since we are taught in the New Testament That Jesus is the image of the INVISIBLE God, and Jesus would have been a mere preexistant spirit at the time of the creation, the whole concept of being created in the physical likeness of God is impossible.. UNLESS you have decided to pick and choose the parts of the Bible you will believe and which parts you will reject.. Because of the Biblical descriptions of God it is far more likely that we are like Him in other ways.. Since there in one God (Deut 6:4, Mark 12:28, Isaiah 43:10-11, 44:8). And that the Father is God (John 20:17). That Jesus is God (John 1:1). And that the Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4) These three Divine Person must be that one true God.. They are Triune, we are triune. We are Body, Mind, and Spirit.. Of any one of those elements are missing we die.. We are therefore created in His image.. TRIUNE.. The LDS church denies that but their interpretation doesn't fit into the whole of the Biblical context..

Actually, YOU deny the "singularity" of God because God is not singular but plural (3).
    WHAT? I who believe the Bible as it teaches that the Lord our God is one LORD, deny that singularity because I deny plurality? Thank you for making that so clear (NOT)..

Secondly, LDS do not teach a doctrine of "billions of billions of Gods", so once again the anti-LDS resort to deceit and purposefully spreading misleading info.
    You deny the prophetic authority of your own Leaders.. It was taught, and agreed to by the membership of the LDS church, in conference that:

If we should take a million of worlds like this and number their particles, we should find that there are more Gods than there are particles of matter in those worlds" (Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 345).

So there it is right out of your own church owned information.. A prophet of the LDS Church taught that there are more Gods in existence than can be numbered.. With a doctrine of exaltation (Godhood) for all it's worthy members what else could there be but Billions on Billions of Gods? But the God of the Bible tells us that He is unaware of any of these other Gods.. But you know more than that simpleton God of the Bible, don't you? IHS jim

James Banta

Why do you find Gods image, nature and likeness to be so disgusting to you?

Since we are taught in the New Testament That Jesus is the image of the INVISIBLE God, and Jesus would have been a mere preexistant spirit at the time of the creation, the whole concept of being created in the physical likeness of God is impossible.. UNLESS you have decided to pick and choose the parts of the Bible you will believe and which parts you will reject.. Because of the Biblical descriptions of God it is far more likely that we are like Him in other ways.. Since there in one God (Deut 6:4, Mark 12:28, Isaiah 43:10-11, 44:8). And that the Father is God (John 20:17). That Jesus is God (John 1:1). And that the Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4) These three Divine Person must be that one true God.. They are Triune, we are triune. We are Body, Mind, and Spirit.. Of any one of those elements are missing we die.. We are therefore created in His image.. TRIUNE.. The LDS church denies that but their interpretation doesn't fit into the whole of the Biblical context.. So why is it you can't just believe the Bible when it comes to the nature of God.. We can't be on him physical image. WE AREN'T INVISIBLE (Colossians 1:15)..

What am I talking about? I am talking about the fact the Joseph Smith taught that there are three Gods for this world.. You seem to be calling Smith a liar.. That isn't a bad thing I agree with you but Smith taught that we have three Gods, that anyway they are plural. That is a terrible unbiblical lie that would steer the hearts of men away from the one true God..

I will preach on the plurality of Gods. I have selected this text for that express purpose. I wish to declare I have always and in all congregations when I have preached on the subject of the Deity, it has been the plurality of Gods. It has been preached by the Elders for fifteen years.

I have always declared God to be a distinct personage, Jesus Christ a separate and distinct personage from God the Father, and that the Holy Ghost was a distinct personage and a Spirit: and these three const itute three distinct personages and three Gods. If this is in accordance with the New Testament, lo and behold! we have three Gods anyhow, and they are plural: and who can contradict it! (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 473)

If you are going to point out my weaknesses in knowing what Smith taught about God do it.. But to call me wrong without acknowledging your our prophets teaching is just plain deceitful.. IHS jim

James Banta

Of course...
    Then you believe in an endless chain of Gods extending back into eternity past.. One the Father in heaven of the one following.. As it is your hope to become a Father in Heaven to a new generation of spirit children.. You would therefore make it your glory to bring them to immortality and ETERNAL LIFE.. A generation of Gods that will follow you.. In short a quick example of why there are Billions on Billions of Gods in existence.. Exaltation is therefore a erred doctrine that denies the Godhood that the God of the Bible has taken just for Himself.. IHS jim

Billyray

I believe there is One God and there is no God beside Him,
    So by your answer you don't believe that Jesus is God.

RealFakeHair

I'm sorry, I'm going by what the Bible says, I don't even know how the LDS defines likeness.

But then, neither you or James described what being One means, or what "likeness" means.
    Well, let me help you out here. First, we can agree man is different than any other creature on earth. Second, earth is man's domain, he rules in a earthly way. Thrid, man has an eternal soul, and forth the Georgia Bull dawgs rules college football. Fifth, if we are made in the image of the mormon god, then what has kept mankind from busting out into full power of the universe Iron Man like Super man? Sixth, as far as we know, man is the same today as he was when he was first created?

MacG

Well, let me help you out here. First, we can agree man is different than any other creature on earth. Second, earth is man's domain, he rules in a earthly way. Thrid, man has an eternal soul, and forth the Georgia Bull dawgs rules college football. Fifth, if we are made in the image of the mormon god, then what has kept mankind from busting out into full power of the universe Iron Man like Super man? Sixth, as far as we know, man is the same today as he was when he was first created?
    forth the Georgia Bull dawgs rules college football.

"Can you say A.D.D? I knew you could."

Squirrel!

nrajeffreturns

... forth the Georgia Bull dawgs rules college football.
    Sorry, I was doing pretty good in agreeing with you on the other items, but this one I can't go along with.

Does that mean I am going to hell?

MacG

Of course...
    Earlier you said "I believe there is One God and there is no God beside Him". Then How do you reconcile Jesus being God and His Father Being God?

nrajeffreturns

Maybe in Moses' time there was no God beside Yahweh, but from NT times onward, things seem to have changed:

Stephen claimed he saw a deity standing beside God--standing on the right side of Him, I believe he said.

That deity's name is Jesus Christ, God's Son and a deity every bit as much as His Father is.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Maybe in Moses' time there was no God beside Yahweh, but from NT times onward, things seem to have changed:

Stephen claimed he saw a deity standing beside God--standing on the right side of Him, I believe he said.

That deity's name is Jesus Christ, God's Son and a deity every bit as much as His Father is.
    Not asking Moses but I am asking theway about
    I believe there is One God and there is no God beside Him,
    and another becoming a God. I mean if not beside God where will that one be?
    Last edited by MacG; 10-07-2013 at 07:10 PM.

James Banta

Things changed? You mean God changed and no more does He hold that after Him will no God be formed.. It suddenly became His divine will to make other Gods? When did He decide to make this change? Was it before the world was formed? After all doesn't the Bible teach us that Jesus made all things visible and invisible? Isn't Jesus the Word that was with God in the beginning, the Word that was God? So when again was Jesus made God? How is it that Jesus could be God before the Lord God said that He would never form another God, not even for this world? You are not making any sense at all in this doctrine that "THINGS SEEN TO HAVE CHANGED".. Remember God has also promised us that He will not change (Mal 3:6). Who is it we should believe you telling us that "THINGS SEEN TO HAVE CHANGED" or God saying that "I am the LORD, I change not".. I for one believe the Lord over you.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Things changed?
    Yup. Why do you deny the scriptures by claiming otherwise?

When one deity says to another deity "Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool" then it seems obvious that things will change, as soon as the one deity makes the other's enemies his footstool.

RealFakeHair

Sorry, I was doing pretty good in agreeing with you on the other items, but this one I can't go along with.

Does that mean I am going to hell?
    Yes! Repent while you can.

Billyray

So you believe that in the OT the only God was Jesus? God the Father was not a God in the OT?

In Genesis 1 where it says "Let US make man in our image", who are the "US" in this verse?

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    So you believe that in the OT the only God was Jesus?
    Wrong. I believe there is a OT verse that quotes one deity telling another to sit beside Him until a specific event occurs. The implication is that things will change when the event occurs.

God the Father was not a God in the OT?
    Of course He was a God. He was also beside another God--Yahweh.

In Genesis 1 where it says "Let US make man in our image", who are the "US" in this verse?
    The evidence suggests that the two deities were El and YHVH.
    Last edited by nrajeffreturns; 10-07-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Billyray

Wrong. I believe there is a OT verse that quotes one deity telling another to sit beside Him until a specific event occurs. The implication is that things will chance when the event occurs.
    Your two statement conflict. Can you explain that?

Billyray

The evidence suggests that the two deities were El and YHVH.
    So you believe that the "US" in Genesis 1 are the Father and Jesus. Right?