Thread: My New Favorite Quote of WM Forums

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Really? A person who has faith doesn't really have faith?
    Not any faith developed on their own.
    According to the Calvinist/Faith-Alone heretics over on CARM, faith first came from God, and once a person is given that faith they are regenerated, which means they are saved.
    I have asked dozens of times whether one can be regenerated and not saved? or if one can be saved and not have faith?
    I have yet to get an answer.
    In any case, the important point is that to a Calvinist, God does it all... Faith, Regeneration, Salvation.
    Therefore there is nothing a person does on his own, God gives you all, and does it all for you based on no criteria whatsoever, because if God did base Salvation/Regeneration/Faith on anything required by a human, then in their minds it becomes a works-based theology.
    If there is no criteria which God uses to determine which one He saves/gives faith to/regenerates then all you are judged by is a luck of the spin on the Salvation Lotto Wheel.

I don't think you quite have a grasp of what Calvinists believe.
    No!!! I don't! Nobody does! That is the whole point.
    It is so contradictory and paradoxical that it is impossible to make sense out of the Faith Alone nonsense.
    However when people like me who dares to say that "The King has no clothes" I am told that it is because I am not fitting of my station and can not understand it because I am unregenerated, unsaved, and faithless.

However I boldly proclaim again...

THE KING HAS NO CLOTHES ON!

Does faith really come before regeneration according to Calvinism?
    Yes... This is the exact same game they play over at CARM. They want to argue a unending paradox as to "which came first, the chicken or the egg"?

So I'll ask the same unanswered question I ask them...

Can there be a regenerated person who is not saved?
    Can there be a saved person who does not have faith?
    Can there be a person who has faith who is not saved or regenerated?

If your answers are no, then it doesn't matter a hill-of-beans which came first.
    Last edited by theway; 10-14-2013 at 04:55 PM.