Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My New Favorite Quote of WM Forums

James Banta

[theway;148347]Pure silliness. Do you have clean hands? in other words, do you no longer sin? Do you have a pure heart, in other words are all your thoughts pure?
    What does the p***age I quoted (2 Corinthians 5:21) say about those questions? Does it say that God made Jesus to become sin for sinners that those sinners that believe in Him can become the righteousness of God in Him? Yes in the righteousness of Jesus, a righteousness that isn't by works but by faith. Because of this I am totally clean before God.. That isn't self righteous but a righteousness dependent on God to supply.. But to say that His righteousness in not sufficient is to say that His righteousness is nothing more than sin.. I reject that, I reject your insistence that the word of God is silliness..

If not, them you are advocating for an unlimited, sin all you want, credit card where Christ pays for everything you have done, everything you are thinking about doing, and everything you will do in the future. This is what a famous Christian called "Cheap Grace" it is theology right out of hell. Luckily it is still only held by a very small minority of Christians.
    I am advocating nothing I am telling you what God did for me and all believers in Jesus on the cross.. He became sin in our place as the Father laid all our sin on Him.. Is this cheep grace? Not at all because as Jesus took our sin He recreated us a new creation.. We were born the first time physically and born again Spiritually (John 3:6).. Because of that I, nor any other believer, have ever sinned as much as we want. We all sin much more than we want.. Paul said he did the evil that he would not do, and he didn't do the good that he would do (Romans7:19).. If you still think of sin as something you want to do but resist though your own will then you are NOT Born of God.. A child of God doesn't want to sin at all.

James... I get that you want the bad feelings for what you have done to go away without any effort on your part, but that will never happen, and all you will end up doing is repeating your failings because you never dealt with them the first time. This time however you will be in a worse place when it happens again.
    So again you deny the scripture. God told us said that:

1 John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

It is a matter of trusting (having faith in God) That this is His truth. If it is then why would you question the purity of what God has cleansed. Peter did this in receiving His vision that the Gentiles would be brought into the family of GOD..

Acts 10:15
    And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

The only thing you can say to my repentance is to deny that I confessed my sin to the one true and living God.. But to do that you will have to AGAIN call the God who says that He is the ONLY true God, the God that has been God from everlasting and will continue to be the only true God to everlasting, a liar.. I can't say that He is one of three Gods for this world, or that an infinite number of other creative Gods exist somewhere in the infinity of the universe. Make mormonism fit into the Bible and then you might have the ability to make such charges as you have against me stick.. Until then I will lean on the promises of God in faith and put down the charges of Satan though your mouth that I don't deserve the grace of God.. IHS jim

Acts 10:15
    And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
    Last edited by James Banta; 10-16-2013 at 03:08 PM.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---Are you referring to this "works based salvation"?

John 5:28-29----King James Version (KJV)

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.
    Originally Posted by Billyray View Post---So would you say that Mormonism is a works based religion where exaltation is based on your works/personal righteousness?
    Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---First--do you believe the above scripture is works-based?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Not at all. Now I see that you didn't answer my question. So would you say that Mormonism is a works based religion...
    According to your beliefs--if those who are judged according to their works in John5:28-29--and that for life or ****ation--is not a works-based religion--then neither is LDS theology works-based. The LDS believe what Christ taught--that all mankind will be judged according to works--and that for His grace unto life or ****ation.

where exaltation is based on your works/personal righteousness?
    Eternal life is based on His grace. His grace unto life is based on our obedience to Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 5:9---King James Version (KJV)

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    According to your beliefs--if those who are judged according to their works in John5:28-29--and that for life or ****ation--is not a works-based religion--then neither is LDS theology works-based.
    Eternal life is based on His grace. His grace unto life is based on our obedience to Jesus Christ.
    Can you point out where in John 5:28-29 it says "works"?

Again you failed to answer my question. Here it is again for you. So would you say that Mormonism is a works based religion...

Billyray

A
    So you work to earn grace/eternal life. Is that a fair ***essment of your beliefs?

MacG

About that broken log?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post--Eternal life is based on His grace. His grace unto life is based on our obedience to Jesus Christ.

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
    So you work to earn grace/eternal life. Is that a fair ***essment of your beliefs?
    Did those who repent and were baptized earn God's grace of the forgiveness of sins?

Acts 2:38---King James Version (KJV)

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Did those who obeyed God earn God's grace of the Holy Ghost?

Acts 5:32---King James Version (KJV)

32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---According to your beliefs--if those who are judged according to their works in John5:28-29--and that for life or ****ation--is not a works-based religion--then neither is LDS theology works-based. The LDS believe what Christ taught--that all mankind will be judged according to works--and that for His grace unto life or ****ation.

John 5:28-29----King James Version (KJV)

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.

Can you point out where in John 5:28-29 it says "works"?
    "they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation."

But then--that was the very doctrine of Christ--was it not?

Matthew 16:27---King James Version (KJV)

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Obviously--if that is true--faith alone theology is false. But Christ's theology ---being judged according to works, and that for His grace unto life or ****ation---one will find in the LDS church. Billyray--what is found in the Bible NT--one will also find in the LDS church.
    Last edited by dberrie2000; 10-17-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Billyray

"they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation."

But you didn't point out where it says "works" or "personal righteousness" in John 5:28-29. Did you misread those verses? Perhaps you should go back and read them again.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by Billyray View Post----Can you point out where in John 5:28-29 it says "works"?
    Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post----"they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation."

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Obviously--if that is true--faith alone theology is false. But Christ's theology ---being judged according to works, and that for His grace unto life or ****ation---one will find in the LDS church. Billyray--what is found in the Bible NT--one will also find in the LDS church.
    But you didn't point out where it says "works" or "personal righteousness" in John 5:28-29. Did you misread those verses? Perhaps you should go back and read them again.
    Regardless of how many times one reads the Biblical NT--one will find all will be judged according to works--and that for life or ****ation.

Billyray--that it defies your theology does not interpret to the Bible being written in invisible ink.

I have maintained the faith alone are in denial concerning the doctrines taught in the NT by Jesus and His apostles--and you seem determined to prove my point. If the Bible is true--faith alone theology is false--end of story:

1 Timothy 4:16----King James Version (KJV)

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Billyray

duplicate post

Billyray

Regardless of how many times one reads the Biblical NT--one will find all will be judged according to works--and that for life or ****ation.
    John 5

But you didn't point out where it says "works" or "personal righteousness" in John 5:28-29.

Billyray

1 Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
    Can you save others by your works?

Billyray

Romans 3
    27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith.
    28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too,
    30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

Can you tell me the basis for justification according to these verses?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---Regardless of how many times one reads the Biblical NT--one will find all will be judged according to works--and that for life or ****ation.
    John 5

But you didn't point out where it says "works" or "personal righteousness" in John 5:28-29.
    What is it about "they that have done good," you don't consider works?

Christ certainly labeled it works:

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---Regardless of how many times one reads the Biblical NT--one will find all will be judged according to works--and that for life or ****ation.

Billyray--that it defies your theology does not interpret to the Bible being written in invisible ink.

I have maintained the faith alone are in denial concerning the doctrines taught in the NT by Jesus and His apostles--and you seem determined to prove my point. If the Bible is true--faith alone theology is false--end of story:

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
    Can you save others by your works?
    That's a question you might want to reserve for Paul--he is the one who made that statement.

Do you believe it is a false statement?

Billyray

That's a question you might want to reserve for Paul--he is the one who made that statement.
    So what is the answer? Can you save others when you do works?

dberrie2000

So what is the answer? Can you save others when you do works?
    Your question will have to be preserved for Paul--I did not make that statement. But this the scriptures do teach--God gives His grace unto life to those who obey Him.

Did Paul save people?

1 Corinthians 9:22---King James Version (KJV)

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

Billyray

Your question will have to be preserved for Paul. . .
    But you are the one who is using this verse as a prooftext for your works based salvation. I would think that would be able to explain the text that you brought up.

1 Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Can you save others when you do works?

Billyray

But this the scriptures do teach--God gives His grace unto life to those who obey Him.
    No they don't DB. Nowhere does the Bible teach that we earn grace by doing works. In fact it says just the opposite in Romans 11.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.