Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Why Christianity is the truth

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    Bright red larger script, bold type. Why are you yelling?
    He is pointing out what LDS leaders has said about the conception of Christ.

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    This talk between you and Snow shows that neither of you have learned a thing about the Trinity.. How many Gods does the doctrine teach? Not 3, just ONE.
    How many PERSONS of the trinity begot Jesus?
    a) 1
    b) 2
    c) all 3 of them

Maybe it's you who doesn't know a thing about the trinity.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one Being.
    So did that one, whole, entire being make Mary pregnant?

a) yes
    b) no

They are three separate Persons but one Essence.. This God laid down His glory and took on flesh.
    So "this God" --meaning all 3 persons-- laid down His glory and took on flesh????

Is that really part of official Trinitarianism?

He was born of a virgin who conceived the flesh of Jesus (GOD) by the Holy Spirit (GOD), giving the honor to the Father (GOD).
    You are saying that the Trinity was born of a virgin?

God is an invisible Spirit (John 4:24, Colossians 1:15).. There should be no argument about that,
    I think the pure in heart might disagree with you, and so would Jesus, who was the one who promised the pure in heart that they would see God.

but the LDS love to add to the scripture
    The LDS aren't the ones who added "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God" to the scripture. That quote of Jesus was in scripture quite a while before the LDS came along.

You believe the Bible as far as it doesn't disagree with you man invented doctrines. If it disagrees it must be translated incorrectly.
    Do you believe that Matthew 5:8 was translated correctly?

How about Exodus 24:10?
    they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone
    Translated correctly?

No mother you say..
    What? I say "No mother" ?? What makes you think I said that???

I see the Bible as countering your false teaching.. The flesh of Jesus had one Father, God and one mother, Mary.
    Were that Father and Mother married at the time? Should we take your belief and make it look weird, blasphemous, and cultic?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    How many PERSONS of the trinity begot Jesus?
    a) 1
    b) 2
    c) all 3 of them
    Are you using the LDS definition which is by "Natural Action" where the Father came down and actually impregnated Mary?

Billyray

So "this God" --meaning all 3 persons-- laid down His glory and took on flesh????
    The Son died on the cross. Not the Father or the Holy Spirit.

Billyray

The Son by "was born of a virgin". The Father or the Holy Spirit was not.

James Banta

[nrajeffreturns;149141]How many PERSONS of the trinity begot Jesus?
    a) 1
    b) 2
    c) all 3 of them

Maybe it's you who doesn't know a thing about the trinity.
    One Person, The Holy Spirit, Who is God and God is the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Because Mary was found to be with Child of the Holy Spirit, she was with Child of God.. Do I need to tell you again who God is?

So did that one, whole, entire being make Mary pregnant?
    a) yes
    b) no
    Yes. Is God ever separated from God? No! That is a hard concept I know but yes the Holy Spirit was the Person that did the work of creating the flesh of Jesus and yet He is God, and God is that Triune Being I have been trying to explain to you.. At no time is God fragmented.. He is always ONE LORD..

YES..

Is that really part of official Trinitarianism?
    Yes The doctrine of the Trinity agrees with the scripture.. The Lord Our God is ONE LORD.. There are not three Lords, There is One.. These three Person are therefore one Being.. If you see the Trinity as anything else than that you don't understand what that doctrine teaches..

Since Jesus is God, and God is ONE, that is one way of understanding Him, yes..

I think the pure in heart might disagree with you, and so would Jesus, who was the one who promised the pure in heart that they would see God.
    Would He? Even when His word say that He, the Child born unto us (Mankind) is the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father? I have fully rested my response to you in the word.. I have called on God as He represented Himself as the God who is One Lord.. As the Child that is the everlasting Father, as the Teacher who said I am the Father are ONE..

John 14:9
    Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

The Bible has made it clear that there is One God. If you must believe that other God's exists and the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are the only god for this world, fine. But you still can't get around the the Biblical fact that the Lord our God is One Lord, and that no other God was formed before God, and no other will ever be formed in the future.. HE IS ONE, there can be no other argument that is Biblically sound..

The LDS aren't the ones who added "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God" to the scripture. That quote of Jesus was in scripture quite a while before the LDS came along.
    You will have to explain why you believe I deny that p***age..

Do you believe that Matthew 5:8 was translated correctly?
    And why I would question this one..

they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone
    Translated correctly?
    And you see me having a problem with that how?

What? I say "No mother" ?? What makes you think I said that???
    I just responded to what you said.. I didn't invent it.. I leave invention of teachings to the mormons..

Were that Father and Mother married at the time? Should we take your belief and make it look weird, blasphemous, and cultic?

Married? Mary was never the wife of anyone but Joseph. God never has physical relations with her. He caused her to be with Child.. She was found to be with Child of the Holy Spirit.. She was not found to be the wife of the Holy Spirit.. He (the Holy Spirit) has not flesh and Bone as the disciples saw Jesus has. That according to Jesus.. There was no sexual activity so there was no violation of the Law.. How is agreement to the word God gave us weird, blasphemous, and cultic? Again you need to explain those charges.. Try to do that in the word not in the wishes and inventions of your own will and reason.. IHS jim

Billyray

Can you see a spirits around you Jeff?

Billyray

The LDS aren't the ones who added "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God" to the scripture
    The LDS add all sorts of stuff that is not written in the Bible. Your unique teachings are all made up.

Billyray

Translated correctly?
    Translated correctly. And the God of the OT according to LDS is Jesus who at that point did not have a physical body. Right?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    Bright red larger script, bold type. Why are you yelling?
    Because you and your fellows don't seem to me able to hear very well.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Can you see a spirits around you Jeff?
    Doesn't the Bible have verses where spirits were seen by people?
    Even Jesus supported the idea that the difference between bodiless spirits and resurrected ones is NOT that spirits are invisible, but that "a spirit doesn't have flesh and bones."
    Last edited by nrajeffreturns; 11-15-2013 at 10:22 PM.

James Banta

Doesn't the Bible has verses where spirits were seen by people?
    Even Jesus supported the idea that the difference between bodiless spirits and resurrected ones is NOT that spirits are invisible, but that "a spirit doesn't have flesh and bones."
    Angels are never described as invisible.. GOD IS SO DESCRIBED! God is Spirit, therefore God hasn't a body of flesh and bone.. Yet Smith by his own personal authority teaches his followers that:

D&C 130:22
    The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s...

This is one reason why mormonism is seen as teaching another God, a God not seen in the Bible. Because of this mormonism is pagan not Christian.. IHS jim

Billyray

Doesn't the Bible have verses where spirits were seen by people?
    You didn't answer my question Jeff. Can you see all of the spirits that are around you?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Begotten how? It seems some people here only have one interpretation of the word.
    He was not begotten as all people are begotten of their natural fathers.. He was begotten of a spirit, the Holy Spirit.. Even Joseph Smith taught that the Holy Spirit didn't have a tangible body of flesh and bone so the Natural process for begetting the Child Jesus would have been impossible. I am talking here biblically now.. That Jesus was begotten in the womb of Mary by the Holy Spirit.. The word begotten is the word I use to describe the mean by which my children were began their existence and the means by which Mary was found to be with Child.. Was it done in the same way? NO! but Jesus was still begotten of God.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

You didn't answer my question Jeff. Can you see all of the spirits that are around you?
    No--just the visible ones.

James Banta

So if a Spirit is branded in the scripture as being INVISIBLE then such a Spirit can never be seen? IHS jim

Billyray

So some spirits are created in such a way that they are always visible to humans whereas some spirits are not visible?

RealFakeHair

I see dead people, mostley presbyterians.

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    So if a Spirit is branded in the scripture as being INVISIBLE then such a Spirit can never be seen? IHS jim
    It doesn't say that.

nrajeffreturns

So some spirits are created in such a way that they are always visible to humans whereas some spirits are not visible?
    It doesn't say that.

James Banta

It doesn't say that.
    I think that was a question not a statement... IHS jim