Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57

Thread: I find it strange

  1. #1
    James Banta
    Guest

    Default I find it strange

    That a religion that sends tens of thousands of children (calling them elders) on mission each years refuse to answer questions that are brought up about that religion.. So why when given a forum to state the truth and their reasons for faith do they turn their back on the opportunity? Oh well like the JW forum they seem to believe that we sit here and lie about them when all we really do is compare their religion to the Faith God has given us that exists only in His Son.. IHS jim

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    That a religion that sends tens of thousands of children (calling them elders) on mission each years refuse to answer questions that are brought up about that religion.. So why when given a forum to state the truth and their reasons for faith do they turn their back on the opportunity? Oh well like the JW forum they seem to believe that we sit here and lie about them when all we really do is compare their religion to the Faith God has given us that exists only in His Son.. IHS jim
    Please James.... No one here has ever even asks questions of the LDS.
    If someone were to surprise me and actually ask a question, I'd be so shocked that I'm not sure what I would do?

  3. #3
    RealFakeHair
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Please James.... No one here has ever even asks questions of the LDS.
    If someone were to surprise me and actually ask a question, I'd be so shocked that I'm not sure what I would do?
    I got one, I got one. Were you begotten by your father in the same natural way the mormon jesus was begotten by his mormon father? PS a yes or no will do.

  4. #4
    James Banta
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Please James.... No one here has ever even asks questions of the LDS.
    If someone were to surprise me and actually ask a question, I'd be so shocked that I'm not sure what I would do?
    The question have been asked and ignored. Why does the LDS church teach that the Father has a body of flesh and bone when Jesus so clearly taught that He is Spirit.. That a spirit has NOT flesh and Bone.. Why do the LDS confirm and at the same time deny that the Father had sexual relations with Mary as Jesus was begotten in her womb? Why do the LDS cling to the teaching that there are three GodS with whom we have to do instead agreeing with God through His word that there is ONE GOD; that created ALL things visible and invisible? The same questions I have been asking for years. Questions I have never seen an answer to.. I doubt I will now.. You will again ignore the scripture that commands us to "Be ready to give everyone who asks an answer for the hope within you" (1 Peter 3:15).. That says anyone not just those you judge to be the true of heart. But what difference does that make you don't believe the Bible.. Jesus was no begotten of the Holy Spirit. He became a god after the Father was already God.. The Bible is not believable to the LDS is is only good to twist and modify to support the OTHER GOSPEL invented by Joseph Smith.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 11-07-2013 at 09:50 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,690

    Default

    Lets try a little experiment to demonstrate what I am talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    The question have been asked and ignored. Why does the LDS church teach that the Father has a body of flesh and bone when Jesus so clearly taught that He is Spirit.. That a spirit has NOT flesh and Bone as He has..
    The LDS teach that the Father has a body of flesh and bone because of modern revelation.
    Your belief that He does not is based on a mistranslation by most Bibles of the word ghost.
    In reality that scripture says the exact positive of what you are contending, and actually supports the LDS.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Why do the LDS confirm and at the same time deny that the Father had sexual relations with Mary as Jesus was begotten in her womb?
    The LDS have NEVER confirmed that the Father had sexual relations with Mary.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Why do the LDS cling to the teaching that there are three God with whom we have to do instead agreeing with God through His word that there is ONE GOD; that created ALL things visible and invisible?
    I not sure I understand your question????
    When you say the God that created all things, were you talking about the Father or the Son?

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    The same questions I have been asking for years. Questions I have never seen an answer to.. I doubt I will now..
    I have given you two plain answers.
    I will make it three as soon as you clarify the third question for me.
    In any case you can no longer say that a Mormon has never given you an answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    You will again ignore the scripture that commands us to "Be ready to give everyone who asks an answer for the hope within you" (1 Peter 3:15).. That says anyone not just those you judge to be the true of heart. But what difference does that make you don't believe the Bible.. Jesus was no begotten of the Holy Spirit. He became a god after the Father was already God.. The Bible is not believable to the LDS is is only good to twist and modify to support the OTHER GOSPEL invented by Joseph Smith.. IHS jim
    LOL...
    Remember when I told you the reason why I seldom read your posts further than the first sentence and gave you the reason why? It's because all your posts are exactly the same.

    1. You start off with a meandering rant which seldom makes any sense.
    2. You will then post a scripture which almost always is nothing more than a pla***ude, and which adds nothing to the discussion.
    3. You'll then end with a "Joseph Smith was a bad man" statement.

    Good to see nothing has changed and I can continue ignoring the vast majority of your posts and miss nothing of importance.

  6. #6
    RealFakeHair
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    The LDS have NEVER confirmed that the Father had sexual relations with Mary.
    LOL...
    .
    was begotten of his father, as we were of our fathers." (JoD, vol. 8, p. 115).

    Maybe you can explain in what other natural way you were begotten of your father then the use of his talliewacker?

  7. #7
    nrajeffreturns
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    was begotten of his father, as we were of our fathers." (JoD, vol. 8, p. 115).

    Maybe you can explain in what other natural way you were begotten of your father then the use of his talliewacker?
    THE BIRTH of Jesus was like all other human births were. There was a time when some Christians (such as the Gnostic ones, who believed that physicality was inherently evil) believed that Jesus was some kind of non-material being, because He was too holy to actually have been a real mortal. They believed that He created the illusion of physicality, and He just APPEARED to be a tangible person who grew up and walked and talked and had an actual mortal body. The LDS church was not, and is not ashamed to proclaim to the world that Jesus, the Son of God, really, truly was incarnated as a human baby and was born like other human babies are born, just like the Gospels teach. It wasn't an illusion.

    You can be a sicko and interpret such a statement like a person whose mind is in the gutter would do, but that doesn't mean it's LDS doctrine. It's anti-LDS doctrine, in a way.

  8. #8
    RealFakeHair
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    THE BIRTH of Jesus was like all other human births were. There was a time when some Christians (such as the Gnostic ones, who believed that physicality was inherently evil) believed that Jesus was some kind of non-material being, because He was too holy to actually have been a real mortal. They believed that He created the illusion of physicality, and He just APPEARED to be a tangible person who grew up and walked and talked and had an actual mortal body. The LDS church was not, and is not ashamed to proclaim to the world that Jesus, the Son of God, really, truly was incarnated as a human baby and was born like other human babies are born, just like the Gospels teach. It wasn't an illusion.

    You can be a sicko and interpret such a statement like a person whose mind is in the gutter would do, but that doesn't mean it's LDS doctrine. It's anti-LDS doctrine, in a way.
    It's laughable coming from a LDSinc. member calling a non-LDSinc. member (sicko) When it was Brigham Young, who brought up the subject. Maybe BYU should change its name to SBYU.

  9. #9
    James Banta
    Guest

    Default

    [theway;148911]Lets try a little experiment to demonstrate what I am talking about.
    This is not an experiment or a demonstration of anything other than your ability to disbelieve God's word..

    The LDS teach that the Father has a body of flesh and bone because of modern revelation.
    Your belief that He does not is based on a mistranslation by most Bibles of the word ghost.
    In reality that scripture says the exact positive of what you are contending, and actually supports the LDS.
    I am not going to use the word Ghost or even Spirit to try to explain this to you. I will only use the Bible..

    Col 1:13-16
    For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him


    Are you going to be one that tells be that because God isn't standing right before me that He is invisible? If that were the case I am also invisible to you.. No, invisible doesn't mean that; it means that which can not be seen. Jesus then is the image of the God who can't be seen.. A body of flesh and bone is never invisible..

    If I include the word Spirit (NUMA). Which you see fit to call a ghost which is more literally the word wind. Jesus used that word to tell us about the nature of God.. He later told His disciples that such a person has no physical body, no body of flesh and bone like His own.. So in context how is NUMA mistranslated as Spirit? Show me how the word "wind" works in those context where Jesus draws a line between those persons who have no body and those that do.

    The LDS have NEVER confirmed that the Father had sexual relations with Mary.
    When a doctrine is taught openly by the Prophet seer and revelator of the LDS church in Conference of that church. is that not confirmation? I don't see that it can be anything else.. It was taught by Young, in 1862 and in 1870, published in the JofD..

    He [Jehovah] was the Son of our Heavenly Father, as we are the sons of our earthly fathers. God is the Father of our spirits, which are clothed upon by fleshly bodies, begotten for us by our earthly fathers. Jesus is our elder brother spirit clothed upon with an earthly body begotten by the Father of our spirits. (Journal of Discourses, vol. 10, p. 2, September 28, 1862)

    we actually believe that God the Father is our heavenly Father, that we are His children; and we believe that Jesus Christ is our elder brother—that he is actually the Son of our Father and that he is the Savior of the world, and was appointed to this before the foundations of this earth were laid. (Journal of Discourses, vol. 13, pp. 235-256, February 20, 1870)


    In more modern times an apostle of the LDS church taught that:

    God the Father is a perfected, glorified, holy Man, an immortal Personage. And Christ was born into the world as the literal Son of this Holy Being; he was born in the same personal, real, and literal sense that any mortal son is born to a mortal father. There is nothing figurative about his paternity; he was begotten, conceived and born in the normal and natural course of events, for he is the Son of God, and that designation means what it says. (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 742)

    It would seem that the doctrine we read from the accounts of President Young continues in to the modern era when Elder McConkie was a central figure of the LDS church.

    I not sure I understand your question????
    When you say the God that created all things, were you talking about the Father or the Son?
    Seems clear enough to me..
    "Why do the LDS cling to the teaching that there are three Gods, with whom we have to do, instead agreeing with God through His word that there is ONE GOD; that created ALL things visible and invisible?"

    I did add one s and a couple of comas for you.. Hope that helps..

    As I said there is one God, that God is the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. By the context of the verse it is clear that the Person of Jesus is the Person that actually preformed the creation. That doesn't mean the Father ans the Holy Spirit were not just as responsible..

    I have given you two plain answers.
    I will make it three as soon as you clarify the third question for me.
    In any case you can no longer say that a Mormon has never given you an answer.
    You have offered your opinion. When I asked for answers I did says those answers had to be Biblically based.. So what is your Biblical basis for your opinions.. Give me something that shows you are based in God's word not what you have been taught in Sunday school.. Sorry but you haven't even tried to answer my questions.. I will still say that on LDS poster here has ever answered one of my questions with the authority of the scripture..

    LOL...
    Remember when I told you the reason why I seldom read your posts further than the first sentence and gave you the reason why? It's because all your posts are exactly the same.

    1. You start off with a meandering rant which seldom makes any sense.
    2. You will then post a scripture which almost always is nothing more than a pla***ude, and which adds nothing to the discussion.
    3. You'll then end with a "Joseph Smith was a bad man" statement.

    Good to see nothing has changed and I can continue ignoring the vast majority of your posts and miss nothing of importance.
    The truth is truth.. It doesn't change.. Thank you for seeing that my posts agree and follow God's example and they don't change either.. If stating God's word is the use of p l a t i t u d e s I will use p l a t i t u d e s. It using a p***age that teaches that God is invisible has nothing to do with a discussion about the nature of God then you again lack understanding, not just of me but of God's word..

    Most of my post don't mention Smith at all other than to quote his teaching and compare them to the Bible.. When I speak about polygamy, the BofM, or the LDS attacks against the Christian Church, it is hard to leave his name out.. Just as what I have to endure from the LDS here as they attack Christianity though attacking the reformers.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 11-01-2013 at 02:48 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    This is not an experiment or a demonstration of anything other than your ability to disbelieve God's word..



    I am not going to use the word Ghost or even Spirit to try to explain this to you. I will only use the Bible..

    Col 1:13-16
    For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him


    Are you going to be one that tells be that because God isn't standing right before me that He is invisible? If that were the case I am also invisible to you.. No, invisible doesn't mean that; it means that which can not be seen. Jesus then is the image of the God who can't be seen.. A body of flesh and bone is never invisible..

    If I include the word Spirit (NUMA). Which you see fit to call a ghost which is more literally the word wind. Jesus used that word to tell us about the nature of God.. He later told His disciples that such a person has no physical body, no body of flesh and bone like His own.. So in context how is NUMA mistranslated as Spirit? Show me how the word "wind" works in those context where Jesus draws a line between those persons who have no body and those that do.



    When a doctrine is taught openly by the Prophet seer and revelator of the LDS church in Conference of that church. is that not confirmation? I don't see that it can be anything else.. It was taught by Young, in 1862 and in 1870, published in the JofD..

    He [Jehovah] was the Son of our Heavenly Father, as we are the sons of our earthly fathers. God is the Father of our spirits, which are clothed upon by fleshly bodies, begotten for us by our earthly fathers. Jesus is our elder brother spirit clothed upon with an earthly body begotten by the Father of our spirits. (Journal of Discourses, vol. 10, p. 2, September 28, 1862)

    we actually believe that God the Father is our heavenly Father, that we are His children; and we believe that Jesus Christ is our elder brother—that he is actually the Son of our Father and that he is the Savior of the world, and was appointed to this before the foundations of this earth were laid. (Journal of Discourses, vol. 13, pp. 235-256, February 20, 1870)


    In more modern times an apostle of the LDS church taught that:

    God the Father is a perfected, glorified, holy Man, an immortal Personage. And Christ was born into the world as the literal Son of this Holy Being; he was born in the same personal, real, and literal sense that any mortal son is born to a mortal father. There is nothing figurative about his paternity; he was begotten, conceived and born in the normal and natural course of events, for he is the Son of God, and that designation means what it says. (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 742)

    It would seem that the doctrine we read from the accounts of President Young continues in to the modern era when Elder McConkie was a central figure of the LDS church.



    Seems clear enough to me..
    "Why do the LDS cling to the teaching that there are three Gods, with whom we have to do, instead agreeing with God through His word that there is ONE GOD; that created ALL things visible and invisible?"

    I did add one s and a couple of comas for you.. Hope that helps..

    As I said there is one God, that God is the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. By the context of the verse it is clear that the Person of Jesus is the Person that actually preformed the creation. That doesn't mean the Father ans the Holy Spirit were not just as responsible..



    You have offered your opinion. When I asked for answers I did says those answers had to be Biblically based.. So what is your Biblical basis for your opinions.. Give me something that shows you are based in God's word not what you have been taught in Sunday school.. Sorry but you haven't even tried to answer my questions.. I will still say that on LDS poster here has ever answered one of my questions with the authority of the scripture..



    The truth is truth.. It doesn't change.. Thank you for seeing that my posts agree and follow God's example and they don't change either.. If stating God's word is the use of p l a t i t u d e s I will use p l a t i t u d e s. It using a p***age that teaches that God is invisible has nothing to do with a discussion about the nature of God then you again lack understanding, not just of me but of God's word..

    Most of my post don't mention Smith at all other than to quote his teaching and compare them to the Bible.. When I speak about polygamy, the BofM, or the LDS attacks against the Christian Church, it is hard to leave his name out.. Just as what I have to endure from the LDS here as they attack Christianity though attacking the reformers.. IHS jim
    Really James???
    You do realize that I already just told you that I have no intention of reading anything you write?
    My life is not that empty that I need to fill it with the boring diatribe of an Apostate... Sorry you wasted your time.

    I only posted to prove my point that nobody here asks questions.

    To ask a question means that you seek an answer; nobody here cares one wit about an answer to their question, or about the truth.
    Anti-Mormons "question"; there is a big difference.
    This means that any question they ask is rhetorical; they believe they already have the correct answer to the question so they pretend to ask questions in order to try and trip you up, or make you "question" what it is you believe.
    This is what lawyers do... The number one cardinal rule of any lawyer in court is NEVER ask a question that you don't already know beforehand how the person on stand is going to answer it.

    And just like a Lawyer, it is not the real truth you are concerned with, it is merely trying to win by suppressing the other guys truth.

    I stopped playing that game with you guys years ago because I saw the futility of it... I am here only for the entertainment value. And believe me.., the silly rantings of Anti-Mormons is very entertaining.
    I told you guys from the very beginning.
    Don't pretend you are going to school me on the Bible, the gospel, or my religion.
    I know every quote and move you are going to make because I am always three steps ahead of you. This is why it is not necessary for me to even read what you wrote.
    Last edited by theway; 11-01-2013 at 05:56 PM.

  11. #11
    nrajeffreturns
    Guest

    Default

    Theway has a point: It seems disingenuous for an anti to ask a fallacious "question" such as "Why do you cling to a religion that teaches nothing but lies?" and then wonder why no one will answer that question.

  12. #12
    RealFakeHair
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Theway has a point: It seems disingenuous for an anti to ask a fallacious "question" such as "Why do you cling to a religion that teaches nothing but lies?" and then wonder why no one will answer that question.
    This may sound strange, I personally don't care if you cling to a religion of Joseph Smith jr. lies, I wished you didn't, but that's life. As to clinging to a religious bag over your head, and not admitting to facts such as Joseph Smith jr. being a sexual predator, and Brigham Young, teaching your mormon god having sex with Mary. That is a pet peeve of my own.
    There is nothing of my faith I wish to hide or try and excuse away. I might differ from yours, but it is out in the open for every one to judge.
    PS it does hurt my feelins if anyone doesn't read my writings.

  13. #13
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Theway has a point: It seems disingenuous for an anti to ask a fallacious "question" such as "Why do you cling to a religion that teaches nothing but lies?" and then wonder why no one will answer that question.
    Why do you say that it is a "fallacious" question?

  14. #14
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    To ask a question means that you seek an answer; nobody here cares one wit about an answer to their question, or about the truth.
    I care about getting answers from LDS and I care about the truth. Are you ready to answer some questions?

  15. #15
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    The LDS have NEVER confirmed that the Father had sexual relations with Mary.
    BRIGHAM YOUNG
    "The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood—was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers," (Journal of Discourses, v. 8, p. 115).

    It seems that Brigham said that is how it happened.

  16. #16
    James Banta
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Really James???
    You do realize that I already just told you that I have no intention of reading anything you write?
    My life is not that empty that I need to fill it with the boring diatribe of an Apostate... Sorry you wasted your time.

    I only posted to prove my point that nobody here asks questions.

    To ask a question means that you seek an answer; nobody here cares one wit about an answer to their question, or about the truth.
    Anti-Mormons "question"; there is a big difference.
    This means that any question they ask is rhetorical; they believe they already have the correct answer to the question so they pretend to ask questions in order to try and trip you up, or make you "question" what it is you believe.
    This is what lawyers do... The number one cardinal rule of any lawyer in court is NEVER ask a question that you don't already know beforehand how the person on stand is going to answer it.

    And just like a Lawyer, it is not the real truth you are concerned with, it is merely trying to win by suppressing the other guys truth.

    I stopped playing that game with you guys years ago because I saw the futility of it... I am here only for the entertainment value. And believe me.., the silly rantings of Anti-Mormons is very entertaining.
    I told you guys from the very beginning.
    Don't pretend you are going to school me on the Bible, the gospel, or my religion.
    I know every quote and move you are going to make because I am always three steps ahead of you. This is why it is not necessary for me to even read what you wrote.
    So you are wanting to see TRUTH, even the LDS version, revealed here.. Ok that is fine.. BYE.. IHS jim

  17. #17
    James Banta
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Theway has a point: It seems disingenuous for an anti to ask a fallacious "question" such as "Why do you cling to a religion that teaches nothing but lies?" and then wonder why no one will answer that question.
    I never asked that question.. I question now, why do you believe Smith was a true prophet in the light of D&C 84, and D&C 124 when the Bible teaches that:

    Deut 18:20-22
    But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
    And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?
    When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to p***, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.


    Number 23:19
    God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?


    We can repent and be healed. Again to be in turn with God's real intent which is always to save us and bring us to Himself.. Has God ever changed from that purpose? Even when He turned from destroying Niniva it was an act of His mercy to save people. When Moses prayed to God to save Israel, again God relented His wrath and turned to His primary purpose to save. God has made good His primary purpose in the Person of the Son.. He put down the most powerful army in the world when Moses lead the children of Israel out of Egypt. He crushed the walled of Jericho to bring Israel home to Her land. God never lost sight of His primary purpose. He never turned from it.. But Smith told us that God was going to have "His children" (the LDS People) build a temple and a great city in Far West Missouri. He was going to do this within the generation of the people that started that work, But because of enemies of the LDS church God turns from the work that He had commanded and excused the workman because He apparently couldn't defeat a 19th century army set against His purposes.. What kind of cheep inept god do the LDS worship anyway.. IHS jim

  18. #18
    nrajeffreturns
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    BRIGHAM YOUNG
    "The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and bloodówas begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers," (Journal of Discourses, v. 8, p. 115).
    It seems that Brigham said that is how it happened.
    What seems to you he said, and what he actually said, are two different things.

    Young was right, and is supported by the Bible. Jesus's BIRTH was indeed as natural as anyone else's birth. And Jesus DID become a flesh-and-blood being. That's the whole point of the Nativity stories in the Gospels.

  19. #19
    nrajeffreturns
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I never asked that question..
    I said questions SUCH AS that one. It was an example of the TYPE of questions that don't deserve a response other than "That is a dumb question."

    I question now, why do you believe Smith was a true prophet in the light of D&C 84, and D&C 124 when the Bible teaches that:
    Because I believe he meets the qualifications for a true prophet. Apparently you don't, presumably because you think some of his prophecies were false ones, which is debatable, or because you mistakenly call some of his statements prophecies when they weren't. Such is life.

  20. #20
    nrajeffreturns
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Why do you say that it is a "fallacious" question?
    Because the claim that the LDS church teaches NOTHING but lies is a demonstrably false claim. That's why.

  21. #21
    James Banta
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    I said questions SUCH AS that one. It was an example of the TYPE of questions that don't deserve a response other than "That is a dumb question."


    Because I believe he meets the qualifications for a true prophet. Apparently you don't, presumably because you think some of his prophecies were false ones, which is debatable, or because you mistakenly call some of his statements prophecies when they weren't. Such is life.
    What question is there that ponders a man's eternal destiny that can be considered dumb?

    He does? I take it that you have never read the Old Testament where the qualifications for a prophet are given.. You don't need to read it all just enough of Deut 18 to see that any prophet that worship false gods is a false prophet. Any prophet that says he has received a word from God that turns out to be false is also a false prophet. Then turn to the references I gave you in the D&C and understand a temple was never built in Far West. That God decided to change his mind concerning a good work of building that temple because of the persecution of a 19th century army.

    Tell me is this a prophecy or is it not:

    D&C 84:2-5
    Yea, the word of the Lord concerning his church, established in the last days for the restoration of his people, as he has spoken by the mouth of his prophets, and for the gathering of his saints to stand upon Mount Zion, which shall be the city of New Jerusalem.
    Which city shall be built, beginning at the temple lot, which is appointed by the finger of the Lord, in the western boundaries of the State of Missouri, and dedicated by the hand of Joseph Smith, Jun., and others with whom the Lord was well pleased.
    Verily this is the word of the Lord, that the city New Jerusalem shall be built by the gathering of the saints, beginning at this place, even the place of the temple, which temple shall be reared in this generation.
    For verily this generation shall not all p*** away until an house shall be built unto the Lord, and a cloud shall rest upon it, which cloud shall be even the glory of the Lord, which shall fill the house


    It would appear that the "Such is life" is a good teaching of mormonism if such a word from a prophet can be so easily made and so easily dismissed as it was in D&C 124.. The LDS God is more powerful than a 19th century state militia? My God is.. But unlike your God my God gives no commandments unto the men, unless He prepares a way for them to keep the commandments He gives to them.. IHS jim

  22. #22
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Because the claim that the LDS church teaches NOTHING but lies is a demonstrably false claim. That's why.
    Is it false to say that they teach SOME lies?

  23. #23
    James Banta
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Is it false to say that they teach SOME lies?
    When the whole reason for the LDS church to exist is false, the foundation of the church is a lie.. Tell me what part of the LDS church teaches truth? They do teach good moral principles but so does Islam. They teach honest, abstinence from alcohol. Good principles but what about Islam is the truth? They deny that Jesus is God.. Mormonism denies that He is the one true and living God. I don't see anything true in mormonism other than they believe in good moral character.. As I have shown that doesn't make their message the truth.. I liked what you said before. There is NO TRUTH IN MORMONISM.. That is a statement much closer to the truth than saying there is some truth in mormonism.. They can say all day that there is some truth in other religions but all the time we know they deny that.. IHS jim

  24. #24
    nrajeffreturns
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    When the whole reason for the LDS church to exist is false,
    That whole reason is to bring people to Christ. Why are you calling that a false thing? What better thing could a church do, in your opinion?

  25. #25
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    That whole reason is to bring people to Christ.
    The problem Jeff is that it doesn't bring people to the true Christ but rather to a false one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •