Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I find it strange

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    The only religions that have done so are those based in the messages of Joseph Smith Jr.. No Christian church see that as permission to live in polygamy.. Only those that see him as a prophet use that verse to justify his teachings.. Sorry you have run into a dead end with that strange idea.. IHS jim
    Wow. Talk about missing the point.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    Wow. Talk about missing the point.
    If I did it's because you moved the target a couple of miles away.. The p***age I quoted is the autho***y the followers of Smith use to prove that God commanded polygamy.. You told me that other religions use it as their authority for polygamy, I answered and said that it's only those that follow Smith.. Target hit, even in your insentient desire to move it.. IHS jim

Sir

If I did it's because you moved the target a couple of miles away.. The p***age I quoted is the autho***y the followers of Smith use to prove that God commanded polygamy.. You told me that other religions use it as their authority for polygamy, I answered and said that it's only those that follow Smith.. Target hit, even in your insentient desire to move it.. IHS jim
    Not even close.

James Banta

Not even close.
    Do you need to see that mormonism teaches polygamy? Oh and BTW I do need to see some evidence that other churches other than those that look to Joseph Smith as their founder that EVER taught polygamy as a tenant of their religion.. This look like a direct hit to anyone other than those that believe the importance of plural marriage in an eternities.. IHS jim

Sir

Do you need to see that mormonism teaches polygamy? Oh and BTW I do need to see some evidence that other churches other than those that look to Joseph Smith as their founder that EVER taught polygamy as a tenant of their religion.. This look like a direct hit to anyone other than those that believe the importance of plural marriage in an eternities.. IHS jim
    Yes, a direct hit to a strawman.

But you still appear to have missed the entire point completely.

Oh well.

James Banta

Yes, a direct hit to a strawman.

But you still appear to have missed the entire point completely.

Oh well.
    I could make such unqualified statements just as you do.. I could say that your post make completely unsupported and unsupportable claims but what good is that if I neglect to provide evidence of such a statement.. That is why your insistence that what I am saying here is a strawman or that the point was missed.. That last statement I do agree with.. OH WELL... IHS jim

Billyray

How much more do people do that with their interpretation of the Bible; believe their interpretation is right and supports their beliefs and others are wrong.
    So the Bible nor any of your scriptures can be understood as written. Is that your new position?