Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LDS posters would like to compare WM to Concerned Christians

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    after reading the way this topic got tossed around....I seem to have forgotten what it started out as?
    I believe it was this:

Originally Posted by James Banta View Pos*** is the truth that CC banned so many of the LDS posters that they were soon ALL gone.. But WM seldom bans anyone.. I believe that is because the postings are done with curtsey in mind and that is really all Jill ever asked of us to be, courteous..
    Which is rather an anomaly--seeing Jim was banned. Personally--I rather miss him. I wish he would return.

alanmolstad

Lets remember...

banning does not happen to people out of the blue, rather is something that people bring on themselves.

I have watched over the years members of this site come and go.
    I have seen people that were great additions to a message board, slowly start to show their frustration....slowly start to become unable to maintain their posts within the rules.

I have noticed that in almost every case where a member gets Banned, this would not have happened had the member taken my advice and put another guest on their personal IGNORE LIST....it saves a lot of time and trouble.

dberrie2000

Lets remember...

banning does not happen to people out of the blue, rather is something that people bring on themselves.

I have watched over the years members of this site come and go.
    I have seen people that were great additions to a message board, slowly start to show their frustration....slowly start to become unable to maintain their posts within the rules.

I have noticed that in almost every case where a member gets Banned, this would not have happened had the member taken my advice and put another guest on their personal IGNORE LIST....it saves a lot of time and trouble.
    I still miss conversing with those who have been banned.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    I still miss conversing with those who have been banned.
    I have no information on where the gentleman is posting now?

dberrie2000

I have no information on where the gentleman is posting now?
    I have no idea--but I do run into some others which have been banned here, on other sites.

alanmolstad

I have no idea--but I do run into some others which have been banned here, on other sites.

fine.
    say "Hi" for me

alanmolstad

as far as comparing this WM site to Concerned Christians goes, I cant really do that personally.

Im not a member of Concerned Christians , so I cant say what that place is like.

James says lots of Mormons get banned there, if that is the case I really have no comment other than I dont see anyone disagreeing with that fact.

We also have had our share of Mormons get banned from this site as well.
    In every case, the Mormons were banned for about the same reason,,,,personal attacks.

That also is why many of all the other religions also seem to get banned for.

the breaking of the normal chat rules gets people WARNINGS, and sometimes get a short ban on them.
    But mostly people learn to correct their posts to stay within the rules.

But the use of personal attacks by members is a problem that seems just too hard for many people to overcome.
    People get frustrated, they start to attack each other in personal ways, they start to call names....and at that point no warning from the MOD will do much good.

anyway....thats what i have noticed over the years here.....

alanmolstad

In nearly every single case , where a past member of this message board ended up getting themselves BANNED, you could see it coming.

You could see in the person's posts that they no longer cared.

You could tell by their words that the rules just did not mean anything to them anymore.

No one around here gets BANNED because "They didn't like what i was saying", as if the person's ideas were just too smart, too tricky to argue against.
    No one gets BANNED for being a member of a different religion around here.
    No one gets banned because they just are smarter than the other people or the MOD.

But time after time we see the same thing happen when people just get too frustrated.

The frustration builds to a point where people just cant take it anymore.

and thats when they start to break the rules....and depending on how badly they break the rules, or how they respond to being WARNED, they may get BANNED.

As for us guys attempting to stop someone from crossing that line so they dont get BANNED and we end up with a loss of another person to talk to here?....good luck with that.

I have tried ...I have tried to send a private message to guys that I saw breaking the rules and i tried to warn them.
    So far it did not slow them down a bit.

I have tried to stay out of some of the more heated conversations over the years when I saw that "They are asking for trouble"...and then I tried to just chime-in and warn people to show better manners or they risk BANNING.....it did not help.

Im not sure there is an answer?

We had one guy a few months ago here that was a great poster, and would fill the forum with new posts for us to read....then he started to get angry and his posts started to cross the line.
    I tried to point this out, and that only made the guy even more angry at me now...and I was not even in their conversation!
    He got BANNED the next week.

Whose to blame?