Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LDS posters would like to compare WM to Concerned Christians

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Is that like "How can BrianH at Carm attack the Book of Mormon if he hasn't read it?"
    Xplain that the (Sir) too!

Billyray

Is that like "How can BrianH at Carm attack the Book of Mormon if he hasn't read it?"
    Not at all. That would be like saying you have to read ALL of Jim's posts.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    billyray must be LDS according to you since he decided to chime in this thread with his own attempt at a zinger which was quite an "errant direction" from this thread.
    Here was you post followed by mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    I'll take that as you cannot tell me what you think I am wrong about.
    That is easy. Your belief in false gods.
    It is easy to tell you what you are wrong about.

Sir

Here was you post followed by mine.

It is easy to tell you what you are wrong about.
    My belief about God was not topical to the thread when RFH said I was wrong.

You answering for RFH when I asked him what I was wrong about by interjecting your own non-topical belief of what you think I am wrong about, is exactly what is meant by taking a post in an "errant direction".

Your direction is just a circle....a merry-go-round. That's why you continue to try and get LDS to play on it with you.

Billyray

My belief about God was not topical to the thread when RFH said I was wrong.

You answering for RFH when I asked him what I was wrong about by interjecting your own non-topical belief of what you think I am wrong about, is exactly what is meant by taking a post in an "errant direction".

Your direction is just a circle....a merry-go-round. That's why you continue to try and get LDS to play on it with you.
    The thing about you is that you have no interest in actually talking about Mormonism. When I told you what you are wrong about instead of actually wanting to defend yourself you pull out your "circle--a merry-go-round" quote. You use this line in your attempt to retreat because in your heart you know that you can't defend what you believe from the Bible. All you can do is try and pick and posters--as long as it doesn't require trying to actually defend your false religion.

James Banta

[Sir;148884]Easy. When you know someone's thoughts well enough, know how they post, know basically what they are going to say, and you see what amounts to a diatribe in response to something, it doesn't require reading the diatribe to know that is what it is.
    If you know the Biblical Gospel because of my words. If you know the Biblical Christ because of my words. And you know these things so well that you know how I will respond, then leaving the forum might be best for you if you aren't going to believe the truth so clearly stated in the Bible.. I hope I am predictable in my teaching.. That is far better than making up a new gospel ever few years as Smith did, and mormonism did after him..

And it is pretty funny to hear *you* accuse LDS of "going off in a totally errant direction" in posting!!
    If what you say doesn't agree with the Bible it is errant.. To teach that there are three Gods with whom we have to do is ANTI Biblical.. That is the majority opinion in mormonism. There is one other and I don't pretend to know where your mind is on the subject. That only the Father is God and Jesus is merely His first born "created son", and is not a God at all.. One denies the Bible as God's truth when He teaches us that NO GOD WAS FORM BEFORE OR AFTER HIM. The other denies the deity of Christ. It doesn't matter which way you choose both doctrines are errant.

billyray must be LDS according to you since he decided to chime in this thread with his own attempt at a zinger which was quite an "errant direction" from this thread.
    You can take that up with him.. IHS jim

James Banta

I don't answer for him either.. Take that up with him.. I have read the BofM more than once. I condemn it as false teaching.. No One has ever done all they can do.. According to James we MUST cloth the naked, feed the hungry, and care for the widows and orphan. There is always ONE MORE hour we could have used to help them. One more dollar we could give.. Not one of us have ever done all we can do, so according to the BofM not one of us can be saved by the grace of God.. The Bible teaches us that the Grace of God come to those who have faith in Jesus.. At least that is a reachable goal.. You want someone who has read the BofM to show you problems with it.. I met your requirements.. IHS jim

Sir

The thing about you is that you have no interest in actually talking about Mormonism.
    With you? True.

When I told you what you are wrong about instead of actually wanting to defend yourself you pull out your "circle--a merry-go-round" quote.
    Well, duh. You have 23,000+ posts here. You think I (and everyone else here) don't know your game? With all those posts you still have yet to convince any of us of what you think is true.

You use this line in your attempt to retreat because in your heart you know that you can't defend what you believe from the Bible.
    False. But your psycho-****ysis of me is about as accurate as your theological beliefs.

All you can do is try and pick and posters--as long as it doesn't require trying to actually defend your false religion.
    The only posters here are you (who is a one-hit questions asking wonder), James (who can barely string a paragraph together that makes complete sense and whose posts bore me so much I can't even get through them anymore), and RealFakeHair (who makes ludicrous comments and occasionally lashes out but offers nothing for me to consider).

Besides, my true religion doesn't need a defense from me to you since your heart is stone and you are past feeling and nothing I say or do will ever be accepted by you. Time is too precious to waste on that.

Billyray

With you? True.
    You have no interest in defending Mormonism with anyone on this board.

Billyray

False. But your psycho-****ysis of me is about as accurate as your theological beliefs.
    Why don't you prove me wrong and try to engage any Christian on this board about Mormonism?

Sir

You have no interest in defending Mormonism with anyone on this board.
    Well, considering "anyone" who is not LDS who posts here are you, James, and RFH, you are right.

I gave my reasons above.

Thought I made that clear.

Sir

Why don't you prove me wrong and try to engage any Christian on this board about Mormonism?
    See?

Always pleading for LDS to play with you.

Sad, really.

James Banta

See?

Always pleading for LDS to play with you.

Sad, really.
    If you don't want to engage in the discussion why do you even bother to stop in here? You are just a finger in a gl*** of water. Pulled out the hole will not remain and the finger will not be missed.. IHS jim

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    If you don't want to engage in the discussion why do you even bother to stop in here?
    To see the inane things the critics of my faith are spouting and to see if they have come up with anything new or substantial.

You are just a finger in a gl*** of water. Pulled out the hole will not remain and the finger will not be missed.. IHS jim
    Uhhh....yeeeahhh.....okay.

RealFakeHair

To see the inane things the critics of my faith are spouting and to see if they have come up with anything new or substantial.

Uhhh....yeeeahhh.....okay.
    Sir. This is why your religion is considered a CULT! You keep deep dark secrets or embarr***ments covered in a cloud of non-answers or bait and switch tactics. We all know what Brigham Young meant when he used the word (natural) and the example of was begotten of his father, as we were of our fathers." (JoD, vol. 8, p. 115).
    Maybe just maybe your parents didn't explain the birds and bees to you, but if you like I will. My Father had sex with my mother, 'I hope it was natural'; anway if you take it all the way back to what Brigham Young was saying it meant the mormon jesus was begotten by his father in the same natural way I was begotten by my father, ie sex!
    If you don't like it find, but don't blame Christians for our disgust of your Brigham Young!

Billyray

Why do you want something new when you can't address the problems that have already been brought up multiple times on this board? Again you have no interest in actually talking about Mormonism. Do you?

Sir

Why do you want something new when you can't address the problems that have already been brought up multiple times on this board?
    Your "problems" have been addressed many times, here, at CARM, and for the last 180 years.

The real "problem" is you anti-LDS never accept any answer because you believe your answers are the only correct ones. So you keep asking questions, not to get answers but to try and make a point that you have a problem.

Again you have no interest in actually talking about Mormonism. Do you?
    See? Thank you for that perfect example! I have already answered THAT question multiple times in this thread alone, and yet, you continue to ask it as if you never received an answer.

Just like you do with LDS theology.

Goes to show you really need LDS posters here to play with you. That's why you keep responding to me trying to get me to play with you.

Kind of sad.

Billyray

Your "problems" have been addressed many times, here, at CARM, and for the last 180 years.
    No they have not been addressed and you have no intention to try and address them. Do you?
    Kind of sad.
    The sad thing is that you refuse to even try to defend your beliefs.

Sir

No they have not been addressed and you have no intention to try and address them. Do you?

The sad thing is that you refuse to even try to defend your beliefs.
    [IMG]http://foot*****peak.com/PostImages/uploadedimage/2013_5_17_18_20.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

James Banta

Do you read the scripture? Does it change so as to better hold your attention. Is the Gospel message in flux so you can enjoy it more fully? No, God's promises and intent are always consistent. The same message he offered to us in Jesus was retold again and again by those that held faith in Him.. All you have of the Real Gospel story is contempt..

I have already shown that the LDS don't believe in the Bible as God preserved it for us.. I guess hearing the same old, old story of Jesus and His love is a merry-go-round to you as well.. IHS jim

Billyray

Is this really your answer to what I said which was "No they have not been addressed and you have no intention to try and address them. Do you?"

James Banta

Is this really your answer to what I said which was "No they have not been addressed and you have no intention to try and address them. Do you?"
    HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM the message we get from mormonism "Have you read the BofM, have you prayed about it".. Around and around they go.. IHS jim

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    It is the truth that CC banned so many of the LDS posters that they were soon ALL gone.. But WM seldom bans anyone.. I believe that is because the postings are done with curtsey in mind and that is really all Jill ever asked of us to be, courteous.. The LDS seem to love comparing apple with Abrams tanks.. After all they are so much alike, right???? IHS jim
    This site is just in cyberspace and is nothing but a place where a few people debate Mormonism with themselves. 90% of threads are by you! with lurkers popping in and out? CC, was a private toy of Bob Betts who just got lazy. Also since he just wants a "hi-five", "look at me"; why have someone make me look foolish.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    This site is just in cyberspace and is nothing but a place where a few people debate Mormonism with themselves. 90% of threads are by you! with lurkers popping in and out? CC, was a private toy of Bob Betts who just got lazy. Also since he just wants a "hi-five", "look at me"; why have someone make me look foolish.
    I agree.. Still there is no demand here that the LDS agree with the Christians as was demanded on CC.. As I said there is no comparison between the two sites even with the demands from as many of the LDS posters that there is..

BTW I also agree with your signature.. There is no such thing as Christian tolerance. Jesus said that He is the only Way to God.. The LDS demand that their church is that Way.. There is no tolerance in mormonism either (See the Mountain Meadow M***acre).. IHS jim

alanmolstad

after reading the way this topic got tossed around....I seem to have forgotten what it started out as?