Thread: cult today

maine_man

Default cult today

Is there a cult today that holds to a christology that Christ was full deity but denies His humanity

Quote Originally Posted by maine_man View Post
    Is there a cult today that holds to a christology that Christ was full deity but denies His humanity
    Humanity? Physicality or nature? Can't think of any but I am not a know it all either
    "Said I'm not what I ought to be, but I'm better, better than I used to be, I'm gettin better all the time" - Blind Boys of Alabama Ephesians 4:22-24 NASB ..."that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth"

nothead

Quote Originally Posted by maine_man View Post
    Yeah it called GNOSTICISM. 1 John had one of the first instances of. Widely considered Cerinthus. Anyone denying Jesus came IN THE FLESH is anti-Christ.

I am writing a tome about it. Called "Kingdom of the Cults." Gnosticism will be one of the main erroneous chapters.

alanmolstad

as far as running around today?...I have to think

1st Century Gnosticism denied the actual physicality of Christ, if that's what you are referring to.

O, I see someone else already said this... I will only add that I do not know of any who believe this today... Agnoticism on the other hand is alive and well however.

The Bible is its own best commentary.
    Prophecy is the word of God
    which sometimes speaks of future... sometimes of the present... sometimes of the past.
    A prophet is the tool God uses.
    It's not about the prophet, but about the God who uses the prophet to speak his word...